EmJay

What is "Mood"?

6 posts in this topic

I was around 14 years old when I started noticing my mood swings, and how my mood really affects everything, like I'm really a different person depending on my mood. When I'm joyful, my performance spikes, I get a lot of wins, my social anxiety disappears, etc. and when I am "Nitm" the opposite is true. I thought I had bipolar for a while and when I described my issue to a certified therapist, he just went like: "Everyone has mood swings, that doesn't mean what you're experiencing is not real, but yeah, you just got to learn how to Co-op with it."  That was one of the reasons that got me into self-development. 

I'm 21 years old now, and I still can't really grasp what "Mood" is. 

Though I got some insight: 

I was wrong about victimizing myself with metal illness, But I was right for realizing that its not the materialistic things that determine my mood, I knew It had nothing to do with the outside world, and happiness/good-mood is from within.  

When I'm in a good mood I act consciously, - when in a bad mood I act compulsively. 

Mood is determined by how close you are to God, (Or how aware of God closeness you are, as God is close anyway)

-------------------

It is like I'm addicted to being in the mood. sometimes it really hurts to see myself falling into "bad mood" after being really happy with nothing.

So what determines ones mood? is it biological? is it spiritual? what is "mood" anyway?

Mood is just a combination of a number of things. It's quite complex. To grasp it you will have observe it very closely. 

2 hours ago, EmJay said:

So what determines ones mood? is it biological? is it spiritual?

All of it.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, EmJay said:

So what determines ones mood? is it biological? is it spiritual? what is "mood" anyway?

I would say mood stems from emotion. Also the degree to which one is identified with a thought or an emotion.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

8 hours ago, EmJay said:

When I'm in a good mood I act consciously, - when in a bad mood I act compulsively. 

Act is a good word. Another way to see mood is like switching between characters in a play. When you're in a particular mood, you are identifying with a particular character within you and you act as if you are that moody character. Normally, something in the script (of real life) triggers that character to come out and assert itself.

All stories and explanations are false.

Check out Abraham Hicks, the emotional scale and start to familiarize yourself with how she talks about vibration. If it resonates of course. OMG the insights and revelations that ensue! ??

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost