Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Patok95

Enlightenment vs antipsychotics

7 posts in this topic

Hello.

Are awakening states or enlightenment possible on antipsychotic drugs? I am bipolar, take aripiprazole and I'm really engaged on spiritual path so I'm curious if does it even matter. Thanks.

Edited by Patok95

lets talk to your doctor about more natural solutions

the medicine im taking for atention disorder are very soft in the organism

@Patok95 Of you need medication then take it. You need to be pragmatic.

Most people who take antipsychotics tske them because of the dissociation.

If those medication have sode effects you don't want, then ask for different ones.

Enlightenment isn't something to attain. No amount of medication can change anything for the better or for the worse. It's all about the development of attention.

Hello!  I am on antipsychotics for bipolar type 1, and I find that they are helpful.  I still have awakenings on them and can think straighter, my mood is more stable and the delusions have gone away.  You can attain enlightenment on them.  I am not enlightened, but I do spiritual work and the medication does not mess with that.  In fact, it makes it easier to distinguish ego from the illness.  

If you have one of the stronger types of bipolar, meds can work.  Depends on how 'you' feel on them though, each person is different.  Maybe try a journal and see?

I have experimented with antipsychotics and have found them to do absolutely nothing beneficial, at least for me personally.

Out of all the drugs I have tried, they have been the worst in the overall experience. They killed my imagination, made me tired, killed my focus and concentration ability, made me apathetic, gave me anhedonia, and so forth. I also found that being in the present moment, the key point with enlightenment, was incredibly difficult. 

I have had so many weird experiences that if I were to share them with any normal person, they would probably put me on antipsychotic medication forcefully. I'd rather be insane than go with what society or anybody for that matter thinks is normal behavior.

If you genuinely believe you 'need' any, then go ahead, but if you can even consider the possibility that maybe you are just different, not somehow mentally broken, then I don't think you need any.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

14 hours ago, Patok95 said:

Are awakening states or enlightenment possible on antipsychotic drugs? I am bipolar, take aripiprazole and I'm really engaged on spiritual path so I'm curious if does it even matter. Thanks.

Yes, of course, entirely possible. Awakening / enlightenment means inspecting the beliefs though, like ‘states’. Wether taking medications or not, wether adopting any practices or not, one can inspect. Try to find the states in sensation, and then in perception. It’ll be recognized as a thought, repeated, a belief, and in the inspection it is ‘seen through’, and therein so is ‘the one who knows / experiences states’… the ‘separate self’ of thoughts, or, the veil of thought attachment / non-awake. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE