Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pete-

Are certain forms of BDSM spiritual?

40 posts in this topic

I see quite some submissive people talking about experiences of losing their ego. As if they disappear. Also they then come to a place that is highly peaceful and absent of thinking.  They call this subspace.  They describe the peaceful effect of giving themselves over to whatever happens and in the end all will be ok.

Is subspace a spiritual phenomena?

https://www.healthline.com/health/healthy-sex/subspace-bdsm

. In short BDSM is just a sexuality preference and everybody can be it. Research shows bdsm'er can have all sorts of personality traits like normal people. They do tend to deviate on the amount of sexual openess they have. More open.

Edited by Pete-

Yeah nothing quite says spiritual like having my balls stomped by stiletto heels. 

I love  bdsm. 

I do feel a spiritual component to it when I'm being submissive. 

It makes me feel like a transformational experience. 

Also there is a certain trust that comes with it. A trust that makes me feel spiritual and wholesome. 

Needs a high degree of trust. 

INFJ-T loner... .shy girl..@marcel :x.............My name is Hannu. I'm reserved and shy and introverted and sensitive girl. Please be careful about how you talk to me. Only responds to respectful vibes. ✿۞✿•.¸¸.•*`*•✿✿۞✿✿•.¸¸.•*`*•.•✿☼۞۞☼✿•.•*`*•.¸¸.•✿✿۞✿✿

Quick access to journal entries

@Pete-

It's a joke Pete relax. I think completely submitting to another person sexually has a spiritual component to it. Just like being completely in control of somebody. It's you totally giving yourself away to that other person. Also as Preety India says there is a trust element to it. 

Edited by bloomer

@bloomer my name is Preety. Thanks. 

INFJ-T loner... .shy girl..@marcel :x.............My name is Hannu. I'm reserved and shy and introverted and sensitive girl. Please be careful about how you talk to me. Only responds to respectful vibes. ✿۞✿•.¸¸.•*`*•✿✿۞✿✿•.¸¸.•*`*•.•✿☼۞۞☼✿•.•*`*•.¸¸.•✿✿۞✿✿

1 hour ago, Pete- said:

Please dont discuss if BDSM is healthy or stuff like that, in this thread. I am happy to answer that in other threads.

I’m not sure what to make of this because that’s pretty much what the title of this thread is asking.

36 minutes ago, bloomer said:

It's a joke

To us it’s a joke but some people actually like it at that extreme. Can’t for the life of me understand how permanent damage to reproductive organs could be considered kino. Lighter forms of it seems ok though.

@bloomer thanks. 

@Emotionalmosquito

14 minutes ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

I’m not sure what to make of this because that’s pretty much what the title of this thread is asking.

Good point lol

15 minutes ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

Can’t for the life of me understand how permanent damage to reproductive organs could be considered kino. Lighter forms of it seems ok though.

So you just like a feather on the ballsack is what you're saying?

15 minutes ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

To us it’s a joke but some people actually like it at that extreme.

I don't know. I think fetishes are generally a tool of escapism. For example some people are aroused by piss and scat. To normal people that's disgusting. BUT it's actually also disgusting to the scat fetishist because it's that disgust to feces that he or she feels that is eroticised and turned into sexual gratification. BDSM, bondage is a fetish. Why do people like to be bondaged? Because they eroticise feelings of being vulnerable, being exposed or helpless, of completely giving into your sexual partner etc... Go through every fetish that you can think of, cuckoldry and humiliation fetishes eroticise feelings of being inferior, rejected, embarrased, degraded. Fundamentally they turn what would typically be painful experiences into something you can get a sexual thrill from. Exhbitionism = exposure and being judged. Even flip it, being a sadist and domineering is a way to overcome feelings of powerlessness etc...

So my point is that through sexuality we can overcome all these fears, albeit it temporarily in the bedroom. So I don't think it's completely ridiculous to ask if there's some spiritual aspect to that process. Even if it means you like getting your balls stomped.

@Preety_India

20 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

thanks. 

np

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

I do feel a spiritual component to it when I'm being submissive. 

It makes me feel like a transformational experience. 

@Preety_India Yes same for me as submissive. I have to let go and lose of my thinking mind and accept what will happen to me. It feels like getting a rest of my ego. When I feel safe and get more intens sensations for a longer time, subspace isn't far away.

I also find it rewarding as a Master when she is al turned on and in the end happy about it. Although I am not nice at all as a dominant, that wouldn't be stimulating. I of-course am always aware of safety. If my sub would feel bad about it in the end I wouldn't like it.

Edited by Pete-

2 minutes ago, bloomer said:

Why do people like to be bondaged?

@bloomer That is a very nice experience very connective. Like a rollercoaster ride. It has a thrill to it but in the end you know your safe.

Ok make the thread about everything Bdsm. But the spiritual side is more interesting to me.

@Pete-

2 minutes ago, Pete- said:

That is a very nice experience very connective. Like a rollercoaster ride. It has a thrill to it but in the end you know your safe.

Ok make the thread about everything Bdsm.

You dirty devil. You just want to talk about how you want your balls whipped don't you?

Edited by bloomer

@bloomer  Haha LOL. No! I wanted actually to have it about the spiritual thing. Its a question I have for a longer time now.

9 minutes ago, Pete- said:

@Preety_India Yes same for me as submissive. I have to let go and lose of my thinking mind and accept what will happen to me. It feels like a rest for my ego. When I feel safe and get more intens sensations for a longer tiem, subspace isnt far away.

I also find it rewarding as a Master when she is al turned on and in the end happy about it. Although I am not all nice at all as a dominant, that wouldnt be stimulating. I afcourse am always aware of safety. If my sub would feel bad about it in the end I wouldnt like it.

Yep. Something similar for me as well. 

It has to be a mutually fulfilling experience. That's when it begins to feel like tantric sex or tantra and feels like spiritual unison. 

7 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

That's when it begins to feel like tantric sex or tantra and feels like spiritual unison. 

@Preety_IndiaYes well said. It goes much deeper than just being turned on for me.

Edited by Pete-

That's when it begins to feel like tantric sex or tantra and feels like spiritual unison. 

Damn I wish I could be having some tantric sex. I don't care for any bdsm shit. Just normal vanilla p in v tantric stuff. :(

2022 is gonna be the year guys.jpg

8 minutes ago, bloomer said:

Damn I wish I could be having some tantric sex. I don't care for any bdsm shit. Just normal vanilla p in v tantric stuff.

@bloomer Then just go to a tantric massage course, if you dare. Most people only experience a few procent of what is possible. Then burn the karma  so you dont have those big urges and your more ready for the spiritual stuff.

But actually your more fine than you think, sex isnt everything. But do keep working on yourself. The path to a very distant location starts at 1 step and step by step develops.

Edited by Pete-

BDSM can result in altered states of consciousness, but I don't think there is anything inherently spiritual about altered states.

I've spent some time in the BDSM community in the past and had some partners who were heavily involved with it. After my experiences with it, my overall perspective is that it isn't necessarily something healthy. Being largely tied to sex I consider it an innately low-consciousness activity.

The people who make BDSM their entire personality and all of their friends are in the BDSM community in particular come off a bit odd.

I've never met a woman through the BDSM community that didn't have childhood trauma, especially of a sexual nature. I've read multiple scientific studies saying that people who experienced childhood trauma make up a larger percentage of these communities than the general population. In a way I see acting out BDSM stuff as a kind of self-therapy to deal with things that have happened to them in the past.

So overall I don't consider it spiritual, I pretty much consider it un-spiritual and completely carnal, maybe even Satanic. No judgement though, just my personal firsthand experiences and opinions.

15 minutes ago, Yarco said:

I've read multiple scientific studies saying that people who experienced childhood trauma make up a larger percentage of these communities than the general population

@Yarco Your wrong this is not true. I know this on a scientific level. This is your bias. The people there are more open so it can seem as if there is more trauma. But trauma is everywhere.

What you call being largely tied to sex is what I call being much open and less repressive about sex. Embracing the full you. And enjoying eachother more.

I dont often see a community so open about a lot of things and also transpeople  and all kinds of people feel more safe there. It comes over to me as more healthy and openminded than the general population.

Edited by Pete-