Raptorsin7

Problem Solving Thread

43 posts in this topic

Just now, Someone here said:

@Raptorsin7 I'm scared shitless of death. So terrified of it. I don't know how to face it or embrace it. 

@Fearless_Bum how do you know that death is the ultimate relaxation?

You can start small. It's okay to be terrified of death.

I would say look up people who were in high death situations and thrived. Personally, I love watching Napolean videos. His best marshals faced death in every battle, and yet they still performed like heroes. Not everyone let's death disturb them, if you learn about them and seek to understand them, then you can also be like them.

Contemplate what is death. 

@Raptorsin7

9 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Contemplate what is death. 

Unknown. Death for me represents the unknown. And the unknown is scary. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

@Raptorsin7

Unknown. Death for me represents the unknown. And the unknown is scary. 

What if the unknown is paradise?

5 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

What if the unknown is paradise?

Maybe. Could be the opposite too. 

Who really knows? 

-Osho

@Someone here I actually went to a funeral recently and saw the dead body of a family member, she didn't look very afraid or tense ?.

The "how do you know" is asked by the one who is afraid, it wants to make sure it'll be safe, you just gotta jump in. 

The more you jump into the fundamental fear the more infinity will melt "you" away. For some this has happened instantly and for others (this one right here ?) it's gradual. 

14 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Maybe. Could be the opposite too. 

Who really knows? 

Some people know. Look at how many traditions talk about death being something to accept and transcend.

I don't think death is bad. What if death is good?

There are people who are not troubled my death. Go learn their wisdom.

Bruce lee talks about learning the art of dying

@Fearless_Bum what happens after death? Just a straightforward question. 

-Osho

@Someone here when it comes to the physical process, I really don't know. 

Maybe contemplating whether your body is actually alive or dead right this moment can help bring clarity.

When it comes to the psychological you, relaxation and constant humbling by infinity and the world (Spoiler alert: they're the same ?).

3 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@Someone here when it comes to the physical process, I really don't know. 

As expected. 

-Osho

@Someone here yes, no one knows actually, don't let anyone fool you. 

As any near death experience is well...near death...and not actually death. 

But once the psychological death occurs, there's not much interest in asking about physical decay.

Struggling with stage blue discipline. Can't discipline myself to follow my schedule, focus on my goals consistently, procastination.

@Swarnim It's a lifestyle I believe in ;)

Yet ever regrettably, not quite of my own accord :/

What has helped you, so far? You've made progress in the right direction, what contributed the most to realigning your actions with your intentions? Have you tried doing a really deep 80/20 dig with questions like those?

8 hours ago, softlyblossoming said:

@Swarnim It's a lifestyle I believe in ;)

Yet ever regrettably, not quite of my own accord :/

What has helped you, so far? You've made progress in the right direction, what contributed the most to realigning your actions with your intentions? Have you tried doing a really deep 80/20 dig with questions like those?

@softlyblossoming What's an 80/20 dig?

1 minute ago, Swarnim said:

@softlyblossoming What's an 80/20 dig?

The pareto principle. 20% of our actions yield 80 % of our results. So figure out what is the 20% that is yielding most of the results for you.

12 hours ago, Swarnim said:

Struggling with stage blue discipline. Can't discipline myself to follow my schedule, focus on my goals consistently, procastination.

I recommend checking out this speaker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJyUYFBDTCU&t=33s

He has a website where you can do a value determination process. You want to find out what your true values are, and then realign yourself so you live according your values. 

If you are doing things you value most, discipline, focus etc will come naturally. How much do you have to discipline yourself to do things you really enjoy?

No one has to tell me to meditate or play video games. It requires 0 discipline and yet I spend a lot of time on this stuff

How can I move from 3rd path in Theravada Buddhism to 4th path? (The designations for the paths I’m suggesting are coming mainly from Daniel Ingram’s system in Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha. I know everyone else has their own versions of what makes or doesn’t make an Arahant, so it’s in his system specifically where the question comes from. Disregard the others for now although general advice is always acceptable.) 

https://www.mctb.org/mctb2/table-of-contents/part-v-awakening/37-models-of-the-stages-of-awakening/a-revised-four-path-model/

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

18 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

How can I move from 3rd path in Theravada Buddhism to 4th path? (The designations for the paths I’m suggesting are coming mainly from Daniel Ingram’s system in Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha. I know everyone else has their own versions of what makes or doesn’t make an Arahant, so it’s in his system specifically where the question comes from. Disregard the others for now although general advice is always acceptable.) 

https://www.mctb.org/mctb2/table-of-contents/part-v-awakening/37-models-of-the-stages-of-awakening/a-revised-four-path-model/

What is your ultimate goal with spirituality? Why do you want to move from the 3rd path to the 4th path?

I would recommend finding a teacher you really resonate with and can connect with, and then submit your will to theirs. Teachers can see our blindspots better than we can, so find someone who you trust who can point to you in real time where you are going wrong and what needs to be worked.

You will likely hit a wall if you are only working alone, or if you are simply dabbling with learning from other teachers. 

You have to be comfortable with a teacher to the point where you trust that they will guide you in the direction you need to go, and you will see the results come from their wisdom. When they say jump, you say how high.

14 hours ago, Judy2 said:

It's not really a problem, but here we go.

Being is pretty overwhelming over here. Nothing changes in terms of form, but consciousness or whatever it is keeps shifting. Mental fluidity and particular physical sensations are only symptoms of more profound shifts.

I should actually study, but i feel like I'm sick. Neither physically nor mentally, not even spiritually. In fact I'm probably healing... but i just can't be bothered to be interested in anything "productive". I can sit there and stare at the darkness, journal,... My studies aren't waiting though. I'd get back to them, but there's the feeling that this is not over yet, that the transition will take more time and i need to focus 100% on it. (I was considering to trip but i can't do that until next weekend, and my last trip went terribly wrong so that's critical)

Also: I just wish someone, as in another "person" could take care of me, I'm sick of having to look after myself.

Have you looked into going to some kind of retreat or a monastery?

What kind of trip are you talking about? Like a vacation or a psychidelic trip?

Is there any way to defer your studies, or is the semester almost over? Maybe you would benefit from taking time off, and simplifying your life. 

Do you have any family you could reach out to for help? 

On 11/30/2021 at 7:01 AM, Judy2 said:

I was talking about a psychedelic trip. I might give it a try this weekend, on a low dose and in a very controlled and safe environment, so things should go well.

Good luck with your trip. What are your trips usually like? How often do you/have you tripped?

My family lives a few driving hours away from me, and they don't understand a thing about spirituality. I've got some friends here, so maybe I'll talk to them, but i don't wanna be a nuisance...

It's worth bringing up with your friends, especially if you believe you can trust them. Maybe they will have an insight, or can offer guidance/support in some other way.

Technically, i could just forget about my studies altogether. But i do care to some extent and it's probably important to get a degree at some point. I'm trying to reduce things to the minimum and maybe i can catch up during Christmas break.

Maybe you could apply for an extension? I think Universities/Colleges can be very understanding for people suffering through mental health issues.