Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blankisomeone

My aunt said it's important to fear certain things

13 posts in this topic

Maybe true threats to survival like a poisonous snakes, deadly predators and the like.  But that is already an automatic response.

However, living in fear will only invite negativity, clouds and distorts true perception, and increases the likelihood of things you fear happening in your life.  

Context can help. what was she saying you should be afraid of ? another question is what if you no longer fear it at some point will that mean that fears are kind of like challenges that can be won ? if so that makes the remark your mom made kind of like saying: life has challenges; which you can win or lose. 

Fear is a very real thing. The only thing that make you not fear is that you forgot. 

Have you got the choice whether to fear or not? For me it happens by itself. 

Distinguishing fear from caution is helpful.

It's like wrapping paper on presents I guess. Sometimes it seems like some asshole used duck tape instead of scotch tape though.

Not sure I'd call it important though. The whole idea of "importance" is itself sort of infused with fear. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

31 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Making a mountain of an aunthill. 

Ahhh.... nt. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost