Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Durden

Not knowing the next reply

17 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure that this thread will get some replies but I don't know by whom and what will they contain.

Why is that unknown? Would knowing that in advance spoil the fun of discussion?

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Would knowing that in advance spoil the fun of discussion?

In a sense. 

Knowing "the future" would not make it "the future" anymore. Once you would know the future, it would thereby become the past. 

Truth doesn't know what it will do. That's the nature of infinite mystery. It's an infinite unfoldment, and there is not even a time to look somewhere "in advance".

@Tim R But what if I made a prediction that you will be the first person to comment on this thread, would that be a correct guess of something that hasn't happend yet at that moment?

@peanutspathtotruth Shouldn't the Truth have infinite knowledge, including the direction in which the things will go next?

Edited by Tyler Durden

i'm an intergalactic turd and travelling through time

my time machine goes brrrrrrrrrrrrr

@Tyler Durden We hide from our true self for the thrill of it all.

What fun would a roller coaster ride be if you knew you were infinite?

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

@Tim R

@peanutspathtotruth Shouldn't the Truth have infinite knowledge, including the direction in which the things will go next?

I have had the same experiential insight - all encompassing, omniscient knowledge. But as far as I understand/interpret that at the moment, ultimate infinite knowledge is not accessible from any position within infinity. So for infinity to explore itself, it creates itself.

I like Christopher M Bache's insights into the future of humanity. He has seen what we "will" become down the line through collective awakening. I'm saying "will", because to me all future visions that Truth gives itself are only in the form of potential, and possibly tendencies of archetypal nature that make reality resonate in certain frequencies rather than others. So I feel like there is no certainty in specifics, because all possible specifics are held in infinity.

"What will it be this round, no reply, a long reply, or will all experience stop any second now?" ?

@peanutspathtotruth Interesting explanation. I guees the Infinity always has some mystery to it. Something our finite mind can't understand completely.

@BenG Seems like a reasonable explanation. I guess the "future" is always out of reach because it doesn't exist until is in the now.

13 hours ago, Tim R said:

In a sense. 

Knowing "the future" would not make it "the future" anymore. Once you would know the future, it would thereby become the past. 

Nope, not true.

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

On 11/24/2021 at 5:35 PM, Tyler Durden said:

I'm pretty sure that this thread will get some replies but I don't know by whom and what will they contain.

Why is that unknown?

It seems unknown only due to what is believed to be known. 

Would knowing that in advance spoil the fun of discussion?

While there isn’t (ime) per se a ‘knowing’ in advance, there is a being the sphere and the entirety of experience therein. Then there is no knower (or residual impression of) or knowing, or a known or even a potential of knowing a known. Words can’t do it justice, but what’s about to happen has no actual differentiation to what is happening. It only seems to with the transparent veil of the knower.

What’s happenin is most fundamentally in that regard, potentiality, and there is therefore the potential for ‘this’ to spoil the fun (‘experience’), and also there is the potential for (we could say) being the vessel of the actuality of healing, which I would place experientially above and beyond fun. But only in a way. At the same time, straight up regular old not-knowing-fun is impossible to beat. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You can't even know your next thought, because there is no end of one and start to another. 

This is your next thought. 

Whose thought is it? 

Has it ended? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, BenG said:

Right. I would even drop the "until it is in the now" part of that, and just say "the future doesn't exist". Nothing ever becomes the now or enters into the now from somewhere else. The now is all there is.

That seems like a correct explanation but it's hard to abandon the notion of the future because you're always expecting something that will happen which is currently not in the present moment.

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

it's hard to abandon the notion of the future because you're always expecting something that will happen which is currently not in the present moment.

Let expecting go. You’re creating this moment. It’s following focus. 

What’s God expecting? 

What’s God creating?

If you’re not aware how & that you are being focus, you don’t need to be. You only need to notice that focus is, and question where you want to take that baton. If that where was already known, you could not create, fun would not exist, and none of this would make sense.  

@BenG

Here & now… or, ‘what is’ - IS what is. IS actual. 

There & then… is not actual, and is conceptual. Belief. Idea of. (Think of The Spaghetti Monster; an idea, without actuality)

If it is believed there is a ‘there’… actually physically attempt to go there. What’s found is this is not possible. As you ‘go’, it is always & only ever, here. 

If it is believed there is a ‘then’… again, actually get up and try to go to ‘then’. What’s realized is the impossibility of this, as you only & ever experience, now. 

The key is contentment. The feeling of contentment, is the feeling of having expressed each lower emotion. By expressing each emotion lower than contentment, emotions were acknowledged, and you were unfettered of them, and no expectations are held any longer upon this here & now. Then, naturally, effortlessly - hopeful thoughts begin to arise. 

On 11/24/2021 at 4:28 PM, peanutspathtotruth said:

I have had the same experiential insight - all encompassing, omniscient knowledge. But as far as I understand/interpret that at the moment, ultimate infinite knowledge is not accessible from any position within infinity. So for infinity to explore itself, it creates itself.

Do you mean that God or Infinity, numbs itself from this all-encompassing, omniscient knowledge that is a part of itself in order to explore itself? That doesn't really make sense. Why would that be a thing within Infinity? Is knowledge just one of its attributes and therefore it can suppress it?

So you're saying it chooses to forget WITHIN infinity as well? And not just when being a human, like us for example. Also, the way you put it makes me think that infinity is a part of oneself rather than ITSELF alone. Because you say you're in the position within infinity, rather than just you being infinity. And if infinity is aware of it suppressing omniscience, what drives it to explore itself if it already knows everything to begin with, and this being known by it as well since it "creates" and "explores" itself.