Tim R

Which teacher had the strongest influence on you?

34 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Shin said:

Suffering was a nice teacher.

Without enough time feeling its presence, I would have never pushed me to feel better.

I'd suggest to listen to suffering, it's a great teacher, and is way more precise and eloquent than Leo ever will be :D

so is suffering still your teacher or did you move on?

Buddhist teachers, Gurdjeff, Osho, Jim Newman, Tony Parson, Sadhguru, Leo. 

Basically none now because I learn from everyone I know of. But overall I’d say Ramana, Culadasa, Rob Burbea, and Leo. But really just everyone. They almost all blend together. Not just people that are obviously wise either... everyone. And plain spontaneity too, though not a person.

Leo was a great introduction. But I'm not really listening to him anymore. Nowadays I'm unwiring what I learned from him, leaving only what serves.

Today it's CwG, Abraham Hicks, Nahm, and just intuition and feeling into the moment.

And I'm hoping at some point I will unwire most of this nonsense. Getting quite sick of it. Then it's probably just meditation.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

6 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

so is suffering still your teacher or did you move on?

Can't really call it suffering anymore but yes.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Leo:

• First insight into no-self
  • First insane dial-1000 awakening experience that lasted 4 weeks

Osho:

• Incredibly inspiring, direct-as-hell, relatable, and nuanced

J. Krishnamurti

• Very helpful to refer to any topic after an initial glimpse, and see how every problem in life leads back to the 'what is'

A man I met in the marketplace from the Neem Baba Karoli lineage:

• Multiple Kensho experiences in his presence
  • Pure character
  • Incredible to be able to converse with an awakened one in-person and get direct and precise feedback on blind-spots

Leo Gura, Phil (Actuality of Being), and Abraham Hicks. Powerful combo.

All of them pointed me to the true, ineffable teacher, which makes them amazing teachers.

Leo, Jordan Peterson, this other guy who’s name I forgot 

But just suffering might be a better answer. 

Mom and Dad

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@softlyblossoming I’m glad you think so. :)  It is sort of ironic how one of the main atheist rationalist dudes is the one who is indirectly responsible for my awakening out of rationalism. :P

20 hours ago, Aaron p said:

I studied under Christian half-mystics for a few years...boy called Andrew wommack. Talks about how to experience the power of God directly and to hear god's voice and follow his will from the source of peace in direct experience. Also focuses on direct revelation and true insight, became not learned. Andrew wommack was good like, still full of delusion tho...as I probably still am right now

Bruh… I literally went to Andrew Wommack’s school in Colorado Springs when I was 20 years old, haha. Back in 2010. That’s funny as hell.  

I’m not sure I’d call the guy even a half-mystic, though.  Whereas he has a much healthier approach to Christianity than most of the faith, I definitely see him as a pure fundamentalist.  He has no idea what God is.