Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adamq8

Enjoy a masterpiece of conversation on Meaning.

3 posts in this topic

https://youtu.be/FCvQsqSCWjA

They also talk about mysticism, psychedelics etc, it is great to see Jordan acknowledge Psychedelics as a way towards GOD.

Extremely profound conversation in my opinion.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

There have been a couple of conversations lately where JBP starts talking about psychedelics, God, and even Love. But every time, he doesn't dare to speak what he truly thinks, it's so obvious. He still tries to accommodate to the expectations and world views of his guests and audience. At this point, I'm 100% sure he has had some profound experiences with psychedelics. 

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

There have been a couple of conversations lately where JBP starts talking about psychedelics, God, and even Love. But every time, he doesn't dare to speak what he truly thinks, it's so obvious. He still tries to accommodate to the expectations and world views of his guests and audience. At this point, I'm 100% sure he has had some profound experiences with psychedelics. 

Agreed! He is adjusting to the audience, he still has some materialism thoughts, which is nothing wrong per se, but I dont believe he actually believes in that worldview but he has his audience and the guest's he has on, but give it a little time and it will be the new " cool" with a mind based ontology and Jordan will come around as well, but he is playing it extremely careful and strategic imo.

I also do believe that Jordan will come around to Christianity in a way, but not the dogmatic part of it, as did i as of late, it is an extremely profound tradition, especially the mystical side of it, but the Church is also a mystical place imo, and they have profound wisdom about life, God, community etc.

Since ive digged into Christianity i am suprised in a positive way of their Theologians and Mystics and Philosophers.

Take St : Thomas Aquinas for example, what a mastermind and brilliant philosopher which truly makes an impressive argument for the existence of God.

Christianity is a profound religion, I came to it after years of hearing bad stuff about it, Ive been an atheist and raised in an atheistic family whole my life, got into spirituality and as the path has progressed i came to the Christian worldview, and I was suprised to see that the badmouthing from culture about it was plainly ignorant and did not even represent what Christianity is or stands for.

But ofcourse there is bad eggs within the Church and the Tradition, but then again, there is rotten eggs in any institution/tradition, from religion to politics to spirituality, that's just how it is.

I would say that, true Faith is extremely profound and is not to be confused with a shallow belief.

Faith opens the door to the mystical is what I would say, there is something about true Faith that is so misrepresented in our society, it is a way to know or a kind of unknowing with trust  , which imo transcends rationality,  BUT! They complement eachother like the hand to the glove.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius