Rares

What Are Your Morning Habits?

38 posts in this topic

After I did some research I noticed that successful people have this morning ritual. Anthony Robbins has "The hour of power". Barack Obama first 3 hours of the day has no contact with media. Bill Gates sits alone for an hour....

The morning ritual help me to be more productive. After I implemented I seen a big change in my life. I'm more objective, I can control emotions much better, I can think clearly, I have more will power, more energy...and my day its just better :)

My morning ritual its between 60-90 minutes and looks like this:

After I wash my face and I brush my teeth( I assume every one does this in the morning :) )

1. One full glass of water with a lemon slice

2. Vegetable shake or scrambled eggs

3. 10-15 minutes meditate

4. Five min easy physical exercises

5. reading ( something inspiring, positive)

6. review my schedule for that day and review my goals and plans for future

I try to avoid: email, facebook, phone, contact with other people, negative thinking,

What is your morning ritual? Dou you have one? Share it here so we can learn from each other

Hi Rares,

Wonderful to hear about your positive changes you have made in your life and how you feel much better! Thanks for raising this question, looking

forward to learning what others do to create a powerful start to their day!

In my experience, through Leo’s videos I learned the value of a positive morning ritual. I used to watch the news every morning; work up, tuned on the TV and soaked in all the negativity and drama that is the morning news.

I removed that from my life. No news, no TV..I replaced that behavior with reflective journaling, gratitude writing or watching a Leo or other inspirational video. Then I work out for 30min-1 hour while listening and watching motivational music/videos. These changes have completely changed my life! I can’t believe how much better I feel by starting my day with a strong positive routine, which is kind of silly since it seems clear in hindsight. I would like to get into meditation but I am having resistance to that. Although while I am working out, lately I find myself in a meditative place..I’m not sure if that counts.. Does anyone else get into that state while working out? And I wonder if/how that compares to “typical” forms of meditation? Any thoughts out there?

Lauren :)

I want to improve my morning ritual. Something that I used to do, was 15 minutes of kundalini yoga, 20 minutes of healing meditation and 20 minutes of kundalini meditation. Then I eat, do my make up and dress up. I do mostly this, but recently I have only done about 30 minutes of meditation. I do want to change that up a bit and find a better and more energetic routine. I think I need to add more uplifting physical exercise type of thing in it. I also need to work on my timing: I tend to be very lazy at starting my routine and it might take me even an hour (yikes, I know...) to even start it. I just wonder around the house and do my other morning things with too much laziness. 

I would love to hear about other people's routines :)

My morning mainly consists of a 1 - 2 hour meditation (every day), one hour exercise routine (every other day), and then just quickly showering, preparing the day's food, etc. Takes around three hours, and I try to get started at 6am.

I think a morning ritual is something I could use. Thanks for bringing this up, Rares! :)

5 min. Streching, 20 min. meditation and an cold shower is my way to start energized into the day. ;)

The first thing I do when I get up is I put my right foot on the ground ( there is no science involved in this but it helps psychologically I guess. xD ) Then I brush, take a bath and I meditate for about 20 minutes. Then I have cereal and read a book along with it. Currently I'm reading this book called "The Road Less Travelled" by Scott Peck. 

Would love to hear about more exciting morning rituals I can add to my list. :) 

I need to work on doing my morning ritual everyday, but here it is:

1) Wake up at 6:00 a.m.

2) Make bed

3) Workout Phase (stretch, push-ups, lifting, etc.)

4) Eat a healthy breakfast and drink water

5) Hygiene Phase (cold shower, brush teeth, shave, etc.)

6) Get dressed

7) Empowerment Phase (visualization & vision board, review goals, positive affirmations, etc.)

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

1. Wake up, meditate for a while.
  2. Get up, wash face, brush teeth.
  3. Mark another day on my NoFap calendar.
  4. Stretching and breathing exercises.
  5. 50 pushups, 30 squats.
  6. Glass of cold water.
  7. Monday, Wednesday and Friday are my workout days - lift weights for about an hour.
  8. Ride my bike for half an hour (if the weather is nice).
  9. Cold shower.
  10. Breakfast. 

1. Wake up.  (Never later than 8:00 am, and always having my alarm clock in another room that the bedroom)
  2. Cold shower and hygiene.
  3. Breakfast.
  4. Under and after breakfast I usually read poetry, meditating and planning my day.
  5. Brush my teeth, and putting on some "real" clothes.
  6. Begin my day.
Edited by Anders

Hi everybody!

First of all, thanks to Leo for giving us the opportunity to interact trough this forum!

I have my morning ritual written down in the form of a checklist on my smartphone. I try to review and update this morning-ritual checklist every time I get new ideas. So it may be a ever-changing ritual or maybe I will stop changing it at some point. 

My daily routine list looks like this:

1. Waking-up. Before getting out of bed, when I am still sleepy-dreamy state, I try to think of how I love life just the way it is or some other positive thing that I want. (I don't always get to do this step because sometimes I just get out of the bed immediately) - If I remember correct, I think that it is Eben Pagan, who said that in this state of sleepiness you get your message straight to your subconscious mind and so you get the best results.

2.Taking a 10-15 minute shower and brushing my teeth . During this 10 minute shower I try to become present in the moment- It is a kind of a mindfulness exercise. I hold a warm smile on my face while trying to get in touch with all the sensations that I feel: the sound of the water, the light, the warmth of the water,the movement of the water on my body, the smell of the shampoo etc. Also, before getting this step done, I prepare for the next step by mentally saying to myself that I will be having a deep meditation in the next 20 minutes.

3.  20 minutes Isha Kriya guided meditation by Shadguru. I have downloaded this youtube guided-meditation practice into my smartphone and I listen to it as a I meditate.

4. I take all my supplements with a full glass of water, I prepare a fruits shake which I will be consuming on my way to work.

5. I do 20 minutes of visualizing. Here, depending on what I want to change in my life, I visualize myself in different situations in which I am acting the way I want myself to. I visualize myself in control of every possible situation. For example, before I had a substantially salary-raise negotiation with my boss, I prepared by visualizing myself being in control of my emotions and thoughts as I convince him that I deserve the raise (I started doing visualization with 2-3 weeks before the negotiation takes place). This technique has made a big change in my life and it still helps me a lot.  For better understanding on this topic, I recommend you read "The new psycho-cybernetics" book by dr. Maxwell Maltz.  

6. 10 minutes of mentally going trough all the things that I did the day before. For example, I try to remember what I discussed with people that I have interacted the day before, what I have done at work or with my other projects etc. This exercise helps me very much with my memory and also for really keeping in  touch and have a clear vision over all the aspects of my life ( friends, projects, work) and it further helps me with the next step.

7. Updating an prioritizing my to-do list for the upcoming day. I have an app on my smartphone/computer in which a write throughout the day all the tasks that I need to do. For example if today I receive an invitation for a birthday party next Friday, I would pull out my phone and add into my Wednesday check-list a new line "buy birthday present for x-friend" and on Friday "birthday party x-friend". Then, the next morning, I would probably move the buying activity to another day according to my already scheduled activities. 

8. 5-10 minutes Incantations. Till now, I have tried Incantations such as: " I love life" or " I love being in control of myself" 

I followed this routine for two month and the results were outstanding. I have never been in touch with life the way I was during those two months. I felt that I am on top of the world. Then I went trough some radical changes in my life and I think that threw me out of balance and I kind of dropped this rigorous routine in the last month. I was doing only some of the steps in my routine. I kind of lost that high-conscious state but kept myself quite productive. Now I am working to fully get back on track with this routine. 

It is a very powerful routine, I really got big results out of it.  I would like some feedback on my routine, what do you self-actualizers think about this routine? How would you enhance it?

@Marius I think you have a wonderful powerful morning routine! and I appreciate how detailed you were in your description. I feel motivated by your routine and I am going to incorporate a few of your habits..Like the visualization, I don't do that in a structured way currently and I think it will be very helpful! Thanks!

Since you asked for feedback a few things I don't see, which you may do at other times in your day.. which have helped me greatly are morning        journaling (either introspection or gratitude) and working out. both have been life changing for me!

It seems from your post that you see the value of your routine and getting back into it, that's great! You have proven to yourself that you can do it which I think is so awesome! I struggle sometimes with believing that I can reach certain goals. Have you read "the War of Art"? such a great book for addressing resistance and not backsliding ( I assume you watched Leo's Backsliding video? Super great!) . Anyway...good luck getting back on track!

Thanks for sharing your experiences and if you incorporate any of these suggestions, touch base in a few months and let me know how its going.

Lauren :)

This is something that I have been working on this year.  So it is a topic that has been in my mind for a while.

1. 6:00 am wake up. In numerous books the benefits of waking early have been written about.  But it can be difficult at the beginning.  So my morning routine actualy starts the night before where I make sure I sleep before 11:30.  Also on difficult days coffee or redbull can really help.

2. Breakfast.  This is something that will change, but right now it is plain boiled oatmeal no fruit, or milk or flavor.  Just to get it down is an accomplishment as I dont enjoy the taste, but it sets a good tone for the day.

3. Planning in my diary.  I am old school so actually have a daily planner that requires a pen.  I will choose an inspirational quote fron Sadhguru, or Napoleon Hill and write it at the top of the page.  Then plan the rest of the day.

4. Movement prep.  A 30 minute warmup I developed from various sources.  Stretching, jumping jacks, lunges, pushups etc.

5. Prayama/meditation.  Nadi shuddi works well for me.

6. Shower.  I want to follow the Wimhof method eventually and take cold showers, but right now I still just use regular warm water. 

My Morning Routine:

1. I wake up at 6:20am

2. I am currently on doing a 'sentence completion' course. I learnt about this through a book called 'the six pillars of self esteem'

3. Yoga for half an hour to an hour

4. Shower and brush my teeth, then get ready for the day.

5. Make and eat breakfast (Generally Veggie and fruit smoothie, one boiled egg and 1 slice of whole meal toast)  I generally listen to Leo or something inspirational whilst I make breakfast.

6. I  recite positive affirmations for 10minutes whilst I drive to work.

:) 

Some pretty dedicated people I see. Mine looks like this:

- Wake up 

- 20 minute exercise routine (can vary in length depending on the day, but at least 20 mins 6 days a week)

- Shower, shave, brush teeth, deodorant, get dressed, take vitamins 

- 30 minute meditation

- Get coffee and breakfast

- 10 minutes of self-reflection in a journal. Usually consists of things I need to be doing better, things I think I'm doing well, insights, negative thought patterns I've noticed, habits I want to pick up or drop, and so on. I just set a timer for 10 mins and write as much as I can, trying to be as honest with myself as possible about what's going on in my mind. 

I try to keep electronics to an absolute minimum (also important before bed), although I will listen to an audiobook while eating and music while working out. 

Also, as a side note, I like to switch up the order of my morning ritual from time to time while still doing the same main things. This seems to help my mind stay fresh and focused. 

Not nearly as disciplined as many of you guys, as my morning ritual usually consists of running out the door in the morning and reading for an hour on the commute to work.

I tend to fit in my 20-25 minute meditation, affirmations, contemplation and journalling in the evening.

On 2/8/2016 at 6:11 PM, ayokolomo said:

This is something that I have been working on this year.  So it is a topic that has been in my mind for a while.

1. 6:00 am wake up. In numerous books the benefits of waking early have been written about.

Would you be able to tell me some of the books that talk about the benefits of waking up early? I keep hearing that it is something people try to incorporate into their life, but I've never been 100% clear on why. Perhaps it's because I've always been more of a night owl.
Thanks!

In my own humble opinion, morning routine is really important! But so is the whole day, in fact. Sometimes it's worth giving yourself breaks for meditation and small workouts throughout the day too. 

Anyway, right now I am trying to build my morning in the following way:

1. two glasses of water, taking my pills (hypothyroidism)

2. Right after taking the pills I go sit down and do my morning meditation for 20 minutes

To build habits you need to connect them somehow to your previous habits that are already ingrained in your brain. Since taking pills is already a habit for me, starting a new habit right after it makes it that much easy.

3. 15-20 minutes of yoga - I usually do a guided yoga by following a YouTube channel (yoga with Adrienne, for those interested).

4. approx 45 minutes of reading

5. 10-15 minutes of physical exercises (again following some youtuber)

6. Breakfast

Happy to hear what others are saying on this topic!

my routine:

- wake up at 5AM

- Put on running clothes

- exercise, stretch till 5:18

- review goals, review day till 5:27 AM

- reading till 5:45 AM (I leave the snooze on, that explains the exact times :) )

- Go for a run, 5-10 k, till 6:30 / 6:45 AM

- shower (20 breaths cold shower at the end, working on increasing breaths), get dressed till 7:00 AM

- Breakfast (green smoothy or oatmeal) with wife and kid

- Go to work at 7:30 AM 

Edited by Wilm
forgot cold shower

On 7 février 2016 at 1:16 PM, Alex said:

5 min. Streching, 20 min. meditation and an cold shower is my way to start energized into the day. ;)

alex doesn't cold water make u sick in the winter ? it's hard to beleive it's safe to do.. 

Guys thanks soo much for sharing tour morning ritual, you just inspired so much that I will make that change in my life ahah :)) 

I just have a few questions: 

- I belive to be a morning person, but still there is some kind of test for determine if I'm a morning person or not? 

- could you please hare some article from a fiable source that wake up early it's better and which habits are the best for the morning? 

- I currently wake up around 8-8:30 (which is bad ahah) and I would like to go down to 6:00- 6:30 (I'm 19 so I belive I have to sleep around 8h). If I change from a day to another there will be some problems? How do you guys have made it? Do you have make a gradually Change? 

- I meditate 1h per day and do positive afirmations 25 min (4 affirmations for 6 min) , I currently don't have a specific time for meditation, there are some studyes that show that it's better in the moring? Coz leo dosen't say anything about it... 

So my goal are:  

- wake up at 6:30 5/7 on the week (7:00 saturday) 

- include habits like: reading pdvelop book, hour of power, and positive affirmations (even iff I shout them and so it could be a problem for my nieghboards ahah). 

Any suggestions? i would really appreciate them :) 

Thanks you soo much for sharing your storys and for answering my questions, you guys are really amazing! And you really inspired me :) (sorry for my english, I'm an exited italian writting from a phone ahah).