Vivaldo

Let's destroy heightism together!

74 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! 

This topic is especially for people who are insecure about their heights.

Heightism is the discrimination on the basis of how tall or short you are. This is a subtle form of discrimination but is wrong anyway and should be dropped by society.

But as we come to realise, height is one those things which we have almost no control over. 

Some people are trying so hard to get taller and end up being scammed. They even get those leg bone elongation surgeries done, just to look a few inches taller.

And people even judge others based on their height and label them. 

Some men want short women and that makes tall girls insecure and if there exists a couple where the female is taller, they are judged af! Some females think that a guy below 6foot is bound to be unattractive and is not worth dating. This inturn makes the short or average guys feel insecure.

Please post down your comments destroying the myths about height and yr personal opinions.

Edited by Vivaldo

Im not very well-versed in this... What height is considered unattractively short for a man? 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Why would I do that? I'd rather communicate and be in relationship with others that do not discriminate based on such shallow distinctions. The use of shallow discriminations serve me, they show me who is conscious and who isn't.

many shorter people especially men then develop a napoleon complex to compensate which also sucks

7 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

yea it's effed up

we should break the legs of taller people

Haha 

I hope you mean that sarcastically.

3 minutes ago, Vivaldo said:

Haha 

I hope you mean that sarcastically.

no i'm serious

tomorrow after work we'll buy baseball bats and then we start whacking tall peoples knees counterclockwise

@Batman but if the whole world changes. Then we won't have to worry about this problem altogether. 

And it's discrimination dude 

It must be eradicated and punished just like we do with racism

Edited by Vivaldo

27 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Im not very well-versed in this... What height is considered unattractively short for a man? 

@Batman it depends from country to country. But if you are around 5'5 and below then you will be seen as unattractive

18 minutes ago, Vivaldo said:

@Batman it depends from country to country. But if you are around 5'5 and below then you will be seen as unattractive

Just move to a country where thats the average height, normal is relative. :D

Just now, Rilles said:

Just move to a country where thats the average height, normal is relative. :D

middle earth?

j/k

57 minutes ago, Vivaldo said:

Heightism is the discrimination on the basis of how tall or short you are. This is a subtle form of discrimination but is wrong anyway and should be dropped by society.

Depends on the form of discrimination.

Physical attractiveness? Well, Heightism or not, it won't change the fact that for example the majority of women prefers men who are tall rather than short. This is a form of discrimination, as every choice and preference is a form of discrimination, but it's justified I think.

The same thing applies to body weight. Or intelligence. Or other aspects of physical appearance in general. 

Other than that, I agree with you and think that there are forms of discrimination which aren't really justified and should be questioned.

10 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

middle earth?

j/k

The Shire!

9 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Depends on the form of discrimination.

Physical attractiveness? Well, Heightism or not, it won't change the fact that for example the majority of women prefers men who are tall rather than short. This is a form of discrimination, as every choice and preference is a form of discrimination, but it's justified I think.

The same thing applies to body weight. Or intelligence. Or other aspects of physical appearance in general. 

Other than that, I agree with you and think that there are forms of discrimination which aren't really justified and should be questioned.

Yes I am not talking about preferences, but what is the origin of these preferences? Is it based on something really silly? It comes from a point of ignorance that discards one aspect of reality. These heightists are discarding the fact that short people exist and they also have a life. 

They are forgetting in an alternative life they are short person and they have to face that discrimination for something they are born with.

Edited by Vivaldo

You cant change what attracts or repels people. And I've seen manlets rejected by tall females in a date a lot of times. I'ts sad but we cannot change it.

I can understand what u mean. I accept the reality. But we must end this discrimination which is repulsive and baseless form of heightism and not make fun of people for their heights. And make them more socially acceptable.

There are couples where the girl is taller than the man and it works beautifully. It's just a mindset problem for most of us.

2 minutes ago, Shawn Philips said:

You cant change what attracts or repels people. And I've seen manlets rejected by tall females in a date a lot of times. I'ts sad but we cannot change it.

14 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

It's called hypergamy. Would you like your girlfriend to have a beard? @Vivaldo

No

It's fine if she has a bush though.

Edited by Vivaldo

Let's destroy uglism together. Girls get discriminated as "hot" versus "average" or even "ugly" and only hot girls are desired and not the average ones. 

How about ending this discrimination based on beauty standards.

Lets destroy everything that is considered as unattractive and that way we can be so so happy about our insecurities. :D

Lmao this thread. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.