SelfHelpGuy

Help me get this straight?

21 posts in this topic

I don’t understand, what does the ultimate ideal we’re working towards look like?

No attachments, no desires, no fear, no anger, no worldly possessions, basically become a monk, live in a cave, only meditate all day long and have no personality/ego?

If that’s so, that sounds so boring and un creative. Aren’t good games supposed to be challenging but also FUN? This game seems to be all just hard. 

If that’s truly what it will take then okay, I’ll slowly work up to this but man it sounds so bland. Help me out here?

No that's the wannabe spiritual people who are dogmatic about corrupted Buddah's teachings.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin I'm definitely been very conditioned into that thinking from many traditional schools of thought and tbh even Leo's earlier teachings. 

What's the new and improved version? 

I mean, would it really be 'truth' if it meant staying in cave meditating 24/7? Isn't Truth supposed to be all encompassing? 

Because Truth by definition is all encompassing, it cannot be limited to any particular lifestyle. I mean I feel that the end goal in this humans life is to realize what's true, be completely satisfied, whole and blissed out cuz of that, then proceed to do whatever the hell you want to do.

@Swarnim Interesting, thank you for the input.

I feel like life (since it is such a creative being) would design the ultimate truth to be discovered through "creative" and "imaginative" ways. 

Yes, not just one way. 

Edited by SelfHelpGuy

1 hour ago, Swarnim said:

I mean, would it really be 'truth' if it meant staying in cave meditating 24/7?

For certain people that make sense and is a genuine way to live.

For most people that's just a form of escapism and dogma learned through corrupted spiritual teachings, the most popular one being a religion called Buddhism.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@BipolarGrowth Woah thanks for this, just watched the whole thing! xD

So this basically promotes against psychedelics and more towards like a meditation approach. 

It almost refers to psychedelics as a distraction, what are your thoughts on this?  

The only thing I wanna know is who I am, the ultimate truth, that alone will bring me bliss Im sure, meanwhile Im just gonna live my life in whatever way I want. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

4 hours ago, SelfHelpGuy said:

I don’t understand, what does the ultimate ideal we’re working towards look like?

Expand infinitely.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, SelfHelpGuy said:

@BipolarGrowth Woah thanks for this, just watched the whole thing! xD

So this basically promotes against psychedelics and more towards like a meditation approach. 

It almost refers to psychedelics as a distraction, what are your thoughts on this?  

I got to stream entry/cessation with psychedelics as one of my main tools/methods. They help me to progress even past stream entry. Regardless, I’m a huge outlier. Daniel Ingram, whose book taught Frank much of what he knows, supposedly said something like 1/1000 people get stream entry through psychedelics as their primary method according to my friend who has spoken with Daniel directly on coaching calls. 

Psychedelics usually just send people into an early stage of the progress of insight over and over again unless they send them into Dark Night of the Soul territory which is actually further along in the map surprisingly. Too many God Consciousness experiences (almost always occurring in the Arising & Passing Away stage) without progressing through the other stages is mostly like spinning your wheels or prolonging the process if your goal is permanent baseline shifts. Read about the stages here. https://www.mctb.org/mctb2/table-of-contents/part-iv-insight/30-the-progress-of-insight/

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Yeah it's all irrelevant. The dream continues eternally... You can straight up die, what happens? Experience continues: See the mourners at your funeral. There's no end of it.

Just because you realize you're the character in a video game, that doesn't mean you have to stop playing.

It's freeing to know that "it's just a game" and if you mess up you can hit the reset button. Or being able to "hack" some aspects of the game when you realize you're a 3D character playing a game on a 2D plane.

You can pick the game up or put it down, it's not life and death any more.

Edited by Yarco

I’m quite skeptical of someone saying there is a goal I mean I used to think there was one and maybe there is but it’s not like once you reach it you die and there applause waiting for you, I mean shit maybe there is I don’t know according to Sadhguru when you get enlightened you leave the body but I’d just say let life happen and if you don’t that’s just what’s happening, you got to take all this personal development stuff with a grain of salt, it’s important but it’s also a never ending hamster wheel or at least it can be

12 hours ago, SelfHelpGuy said:

No attachments, no desires, no fear, no anger, no worldly possessions, basically become a monk, live in a cave, only meditate all day long and have no personality/ego?

No, no, no.

The ideal is to be full of passion and in love with Self, life, and Reality, highly creative and living an abundant life (whatever that means for you).

Personality and ego are not the same thing. Less ego can mean more personality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura sounds great but seems like a lot of pressure I hope I get there and it’s meaningful for me but if not I’m okay with it too

@BipolarGrowth Right I see, interesting stuff man, thanks for the replies!

To me though this is definitely all at the level concepts and ideas. I have no idea (from my own experience) what anyone’s talking about tbh. I guess I’m gonna have walk my own path, follow what I’m called to and go from there!

The ideal I think is to reach perfect fullfilment. If longing for something more is still nagging you, than you haven't arrived yet. When there's no more longing for more, you arive at a place of perfect fullfilment within yourself. Than you can say the job is over. Aka, infinity, zero, nirvana, end of problems.

Edited by Salvijus