Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Happy Lizard

Would you work at Facebook?

9 posts in this topic

I thought of this question as thought experiment to challenge out our egos in this forum:

would you work for Facebook if you where offered a decent salary? Why? Or why not ? 

I think answering this question can give a good idea about how your ego works. 

for me: no! Even if I was offered a good salary. I know that I would struggle to quit in say month, if I so decided to do. Meaning that I would drag myself to at least stay there for a year or more, to justify “having gotten a job at a big well known company”, and that would suck!

I much rather be paid less rather than getting a job that I don’t like and having  to boost my ego and lie about liking a job that in actuality I don’t like. 

what about you guys? 

ps: you don’t have to be a developer or a marketing manger or whatever to work at Facebook, say you can choose a role that you like, and you can see a chance that you could be creative in it and gain some experience. Would you still take it? 

yeah i'd do it for 2-3 years, take my bag then use that bag to pursue other endeavors. if youre at FB youre getting a big bag. you're also going to be in an environment of very intelligent and ambitious and partly green people. seems like my environment 

then again FB value system is slightly differed than mine. I don't think we'd be fully aligned, but I would learn a lot. I'd do it for a year 

Edited by Jacob Morres

@Jacob Morres interesting . Hope that gave you an idea of how your mind works. Mine said a month. Then maybe more, then started justifying what good could comes form FB. It’s just interesting how the mind jumps around and start seeing the other people’s perspective once there’s some benefit for it. Which to me shows that when you examine beliefs you start seeing how false they could be.

Hot take- Everybody has a price, and yes I would but only short term

It depends on my condition and how desperate I'm for money.

If I have no money, and I struggle with finding a job for a while, I would prefer to work for Facebook instead of being broke with no money.

Me, working for Facebook... poor Facebook, I won't be a nice employee for them, I might sabotage them from the inside, I'd be super non loyal. 

But if I have less corrupted work choices or I have enough money to survive for a while, no...

i deleted my fb account this year because i think it's a shit site/show

would i work for fb? probably if i could work there for 50% in a creative department for a great salary