Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fearless_Bum

The Origin of self and suffering

19 posts in this topic

It's just fear ?. 

It's always been fear,not your parents your country, situation, etc. 

Just fear. 

Contemplate:

What is fear?

How does fear come into existence? 

How does fear maintain itself?

Fear only persists through mental boundaries. When boundaries dissolve, fear cannot persist in the same threatening way, even if the sensations of fear are still present. They aren’t “fear” anymore. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@BipolarGrowth from my personal observations: 

The meaning of fear is that it is the essence of resistance. Fear is what causes the sense of separation, and because the fear causes the sense of self, it also doesn't want to stop itself. 

So fear causes the sense of self but it doesn't actually want to go away, the fear is afraid of not being afraid anymore. 

The physiological fear I refer to as just adrenaline and that's normal. 

You mean false evidence appearing real ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

self is resisting the ever changing by clinging to a model it construced, how i experience fear now is always some kind of shift in that model in any given moment, or it is anticipating an action that will cause change in that model - it always wants to make itself solidified but since our true nature is change it causes us so much suffering to be imprisoned inside something always resisting our true nature

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

@catcat69123 We can say that the fear vibration creates self, and self/fear then creates the idea of conditional happiness, and chases its own tail.

Have you ever noticed when there is resistance/fear present that thought manifests as arguments/conflicts with others and other unpleasant fantasies?

fear is a fundamental pillar of the self. but only half. the basis of the self is life / death duality. the self is the attachment to life and the rejection of death. of this duality, death is fear, life is attachment. death = pain. life = pleasure. death = loneliness, life = belonging. pain / pleasure, success / failure, wealth / poverty etc etc. fear of one thing, attachment to another. You could say that attachment is fear to loose something, but i think it's different. I have an attachment to sight, not because I fear going blind, but because I perceive sight as life, joy, positivity. I would not be me without the sight

Edited by Breakingthewall

The origin of self and suffering is ignorance. Fear is a symptom, not a cause. It only exists when there is ignorance.

14 hours ago, lxlichael said:

@Fearless_Bum Nope. Try again.

Good start though, but it just sounds like you've discovered that answer because its the most obvious.

What are less obvious answers you can come up with? Open your consciousness.

What is your take ?

God is love

And God in them

That's like the perfect counter example of «if you truly understand something, you should be able to explain it simply» ?

God is love

And God in them

On 2021-11-21 at 0:09 PM, Fearless_Bum said:

So fear causes the sense of self but it doesn't actually want to go away, the fear is afraid of not being afraid anymore. 

Why is that?

@WelcometoReality the fear is responsible for the sense that there is a you. So to not be afraid means that you will disappear such that there won't even be anyone to not be afraid or be afraid. 

35 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@WelcometoReality the fear is responsible for the sense that there is a you. So to not be afraid means that you will disappear such that there won't even be anyone to not be afraid or be afraid. 

More like afraid to see through its own deception, cause nothing can die except a misconception.

God is love

And God in them

1 hour ago, Fearless_Bum said:

So fear is afraid to not be afraid because that will be the death of you and fear is afraid of death?

3 hours ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@WelcometoReality I'm afraid I'm not able to clarify any further. 

No problem. ? What you said made sense. I just haven't heard it that way before.

Edited by WelcometoReality

On 20/11/2021 at 10:50 PM, Fearless_Bum said:

It's just fear ?. 

It's always been fear,not your parents your country, situation, etc. 

Just fear. 

Contemplate:

What is fear?

How does fear come into existence? 

How does fear maintain itself?

@Fearless_Bum It's not fear, it's aversion.

There can be huge amounts of suffering without any fear.