Someone here

Accept the suffering!

32 posts in this topic

Accept your suffering. That's the only way out. Everyone is going to suffer at some point in their life. That's inevitable. 

no matter what you think, you are going to suffer. For years. You'll feel insecure and weird and dull. There will be a war inside you that will sometimes lead you to the brink of madness. You'll be hopeless, not knowing what to do. You will want to go back to a normal life, and find that it's impossible. And you'll have to live with the terrible fear that you are completely wrong. You'll be lost between two worlds, belonging to neither of them. Maybe for a long, long time.

And the message is that it's ok. It's a okay to suffer sometimes. 

This is the truth and nothing but the truth. Feel free to love me or attack me. I don't care. All I care about is spitting some raw truth. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Yeah, it's the truth alright. But acceptence is not an attitude. It's a state of consciouness. Without deep spiritual work this acceptence won't happen, imo. 

@Salvijus what makes you think you are not ready to accept it all now?  This is another limiting belief. Another way to suffer more. 

The truth is you can accept it all right now and be done with it. 

-Osho

18 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Life is suffering.

Not quite.

But a huge part of it for sure. 

-Osho

25 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Not quite.

But a huge part of it for sure. 

The struggle to survive as an ego is always suffering, sometimes macro but always on a micro-level. Im being very broad with my interpretation of suffering here. Try to sit completely still for 10 minutes without moving. Youll start to micro-suffer very quickly.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles 

Let me ask you.. What is the origin of suffering? And how can one overcome it? (in your opinion).. 

-Osho

@Someone here the acceptance of suffering is a helpful first step, as it allows one to really look at what suffering is, and how they are creating it.

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

@Rilles 

Let me ask you.. What is the origin of suffering? And how can one overcome it? (in your opinion).. 

If I knew that I would be forever happy. :) 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

59 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Rilles 

You sayed it yourself that desire and wanting is the cause of suffering. It's true, that part is correct. You also say acceptence of suffering is the end of suffering, correct. But the last part is that your resistence and your desire/wanting goes way beyond your concious awareness. It's deep deep down in your psyche. So to fully accept the present moment one has to sink his awareness into the bottom of the mind, where all the unconscious wantings and cravings and resistence is. If you touch that place with your awareness, you'll find a distance between you and your mind, that's self-realization and the end of suffering to the large extent. But that is not the end of wantings and cravings yet, not full liberation. Still you have to stay in that place of high awareness for long time to allow this awareness to burn all the cravings down. More awareness you have, faster you can burn through desires. Remaining in that equanimous state of no desire, it burns old accumulated desires. In this way one reaches the final goel of liberation.

Edited by Salvijus

@Someone here The origin of suffering according to Buddhist theory is perseverance, the fixation on having/getting something, the clinging onto that notion. 

To overcome suffering is to identify that you are clinging onto these things and then find some way to drop them. However this is not an option for most humans, we're not capable of changing our nature and so we have to play the game.

No because too much suffering could lead you to suicide and that would cause even more suffering to other people.

Although of course you could always say "accept that other people are going to suffer".

But... yeah, I don´t know about your theory.

I think it´s better to work your ass off to not suffer.

@Javfly33 why is suicide bad?

On 11/20/2021 at 8:26 PM, Fearless_Bum said:

and how they are creating it

Nope. Mostly it's out of your control. 

-Osho

@Someone here I don´t think is bad. But I had some months ago a really lucid vision one day of my mother crying my death because I had killed myself. I know it's biased because its my mother but I felt that pain so deep that from that moment I swear I would never kill myself just to not make that moment happen. If I ever want to suicide, I will wait for my mother to die first. 

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Someone here

What is suffering?  

Not in any sarcastic or meta sense, but in the it’s accepted and that was the way out sense. In hindsight, what was it? 

I don't know what you mean by that o.O

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@NahmStress ,Anguish ,Sadness, Pain, Depression, Anxiety. Etc are all examples of suffering 

Suffering can come In different flavors. Sometimes physical and sometimes emotional. 

In this thread I'm talking about emotional suffering. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

@Javfly33 are you feeling suicidal often? 

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

@NahmStress ,Anguish ,Sadness, Pain, Depression, Anxiety. Etc are all examples of suffering 

Suffering can come In different flavors. Sometimes physical and sometimes emotional. 

In this thread I'm talking about emotional suffering. 

How did / does acceptance of those bring the end of suffering about, is what I’m askin. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Someone here @Nahm Instead of accepting suffering why not embrace love. There is a link on @Nahm website to move up the ranks on the emotional scale. 

I acted like Cary Grant for so long, I became Cary Grant. – Cary Grant