thenondualtankie

How do you plan food for an LSD trip?

12 posts in this topic

For me, LSD trips are at least 12 hours so I feel that planning what I'll eat during my LSD trips is crucial. There are a few complications though.

FIrstly, I don't want to be in the kitchen cooking while I'm on several hundred ug of acid. I can barely cook while sober. Ideally I would prepare all of my food beforehand and then have it easily ready during the trip.

At the same time, the food should be easy on the digestive system.

My question: What foods do you guys normally eat during an LSD trip and how do you prepare it? Do you just eat a bunch of fruit and snacks for the whole 12 hours?

Especially during "heroic dose" trips simple kitchen work like brewing a tea can be overwhelmingly difficult. I'm speaking from a lot of personal experience :D So prepare everything beforehand. 

The best "trip-food" has to be practical and healthy. That includes food like Sushi, ready made salads, berries and fruits. 

However, my biggest recommendation are soups. Especially if you aren't feeling hungry, soups can be eaten at every time. The warm feeling of it also goes well when you feel cold and shaky like I sometimes feel when tripping. Also its super easy, because you just have to heat it. 

1 hour ago, Vynce said:

Especially during "heroic dose" trips simple kitchen work like brewing a tea can be overwhelmingly difficult. I'm speaking from a lot of personal experience :D So prepare everything beforehand. 

The best "trip-food" has to be practical and healthy. That includes food like Sushi, ready made salads, berries and fruits. 

However, my biggest recommendation are soups. Especially if you aren't feeling hungry, soups can be eaten at every time. The warm feeling of it also goes well when you feel cold and shaky like I sometimes feel when tripping. Also its super easy, because you just have to heat it. 

Thank you for the response. I like these suggestions.

I've never actually made soup (not a soup person haha) so I'll have to look into what to make :)

Pre-cut fruits and place in fridge. And many other types of snacks are possible.

LSD only lasts about 5-6hrs for me. Then it's just mild lingering after-effects.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Start day with a toast with jam or a banana. Dring ginger tea to avoid nausea or vomiting. Dose LSD. After 8-9 hours you can normally eat a dinner. I don't eat in the middle. Maybe another fruit after 5-6 hours or a few pieces of dark chocolate, but I usually wait for dinner.

Remeber to drink water. Water is important, not food, you won't be hungry. If you feel hungry then you are probably sober enough to eat anything.

I prefer plugged LSD. Normally I would eat a lunch, than after bathroom time I would plug it. Eating helps with bowel movements that's why I'm not tripping in a fasted state.

I can't eat whilst tripping no appetite at all, by the time the peak as warn off, I can function enough to make basic meals

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

@thenondualtankie I once devoured like three big plates of vegetable stew during an LSD trip. We made the stew beforehand, which was a good idea. I started to feel quite uncomfortable at some point during the trip, but I was like "Nah, I can't be hungry, trips don't make me hungry." Eventually, I tried eating and it was exactly what was needed at that time. So, I can highly recommend having some good stew or soup ready before tripping.

22 hours ago, Vynce said:

ye lol, i once tried preparing tea on LSA (it was relatively low dose) and i spend almost 1 hour trying to do that because when i was coming into the kitchen i was instantlly forgetting why am i there and what am i supposed to do 

6 hours ago, Kundalini Cataclysm said:

@thenondualtankie I once devoured like three big plates of vegetable stew during an LSD trip. We made the stew beforehand, which was a good idea. I started to feel quite uncomfortable at some point during the trip, but I was like "Nah, I can't be hungry, trips don't make me hungry." Eventually, I tried eating and it was exactly what was needed at that time. So, I can highly recommend having some good stew or soup ready before tripping.

@Kundalini Cataclysm Oh my goodness I know exactly how you felt when you ate that. It's like as soon as one bite touches your mouth you realise holy fuck.. I needed this.

Light meal a few hours before I drop. Then munch on fruits or gummy candies throughout the trip 

16 hours ago, thenondualtankie said:

@Kundalini Cataclysm Oh my goodness I know exactly how you felt when you ate that. It's like as soon as one bite touches your mouth you realise holy fuck.. I needed this.

Right?