Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raptorsin7

Give Up The Search For Happiness

37 posts in this topic

Happiness is here and now.Very substance of all.You can't miss it let all resistance go.

@Nahm, Rap much love .

Yep,

The individual seeking happiness isn't real.

❤ 

And neither is the individual that suffers. ? 

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Looking for Happiness is like running faster to find some rest. :P

2 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Dualism being taught as profound? hm

I got sick of listening to Rupert Spira tell me to be aware of being aware.

Started asking myself for guidance, and poof he appeared

On 11/20/2021 at 11:02 AM, Raptorsin7 said:

I got sick of listening to Rupert Spira tell me to be aware of being aware.

Started asking myself for guidance, and poof he appeared

I can understand why it seems like it should be pretty complicated because if it was simple everyone would be 'happy'. I too have an active mind, one that is always turning over rocks to see what they are and what's under them.

The mind wants to search for a reason, to make a plan, to do the things to attain this ever elusive 'happiness'.  We get sick of the people who point to the obvious, we want the elaborate dance of inner debate that will get us the trophy.

Nobody wants to hear that it's simple.... the search for happiness ends when we finally realize it's as simple as being happy.... just be it. The only thing that prevents us from being happy is all the things that the mind finds to keep us from being it.

So just be happy no matter all that the mind finds to deny happiness in it's search for happiness.

7 minutes ago, SOUL said:

I can understand why it seems like it should be pretty complicated because if it was simple everyone would be 'happy'. I too have an active mind, one that is always turning over rocks to see what they are and what's under them.

The mind wants to search for a reason, to make a plan, to do the things to attain this ever elusive 'happiness'.  We get sick of the people who point to the obvious, we want the elaborate dance of inner debate that will get us the trophy.

Nobody wants to hear that it's simple.... the search for happiness ends when we finally realize it's as simple as being happy.... just be it. The only thing that prevents us from being happy is all the things that the mind finds to keep us from being it.

So just be happy no matter all that the mind finds to deny happiness in it's search for happiness.

See I disagree.

I have done aware of being aware meditations, practiced presence, etc.

Right now I am being. No thoughts just being. But this isn't happiness and calm.

At least for me, the most progress I have made was going into my shadow and bring it to light.

Expressing my thoughts about my crazy parents, confronting the memories of being shamed by my grandma for shitting on the floor as a baby.

When I confronted these shadows I found the calm of just being. Before I confronted the shadow I could practice being, but all I felt was tension there were no emotions.

Yesterday I cried for the first time since I was a child. I don't know how long it would have taken to reach this milestone if I were to just practice being without going into all the memories and experiences that shaped how my mind developed.

Edited by Raptorsin7

4 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

See I disagree.

I have done aware of being aware meditations, practiced presence, etc.

Right now I am being. No thoughts just being. But this isn't happiness and calm.

At least for me, the most progress I have made was going into my shadow and bring it to light.

Expressing my thoughts about my crazy parents, confronting the memories of being shamed by my grandma for shitting on the floor as a baby.

When I confronted these shadows I found the calm of just being. Before I confronted the shadow I could practice being, but all I felt was tension there were no emotions.

Yesterday I cried for the first time since I was a child. I don't know how long it would have taken to reach this milestone if I were to just practice being without going into all the memories and experiences that shaped how my mind developed.

So now you experience the bliss of liberation? Congrats, the cessation of self suffering is really the point of all of the 'work' we think is done.

If not.... then you have to wonder if it's the 'work' that is the obstacle to liberation. The mind loves all sorts of practices and methods it accomplishes to establish progress to itself, to justify the process but it will always place another task we need to accomplish to keep us on the treadmill of it's 'work'.

Many of those practices and methods can be helpful in training the mind to do something it may not do on it's own but the experience of being doesn't require the mind to be... it's being. So we can experience being 'happy' even while the mind may do the work it thinks is accomplishing something.

If your present experience is the bliss of liberation this would be obvious to you and maybe it is, don't let me be an obstacle to it. Just be it.

9 minutes ago, SOUL said:

So now you experience the bliss of liberation? Congrats, the cessation of self suffering is really the point of all of the 'work' we think is done.

If not.... then you have to wonder if it's the 'work' that is the obstacle to liberation. The mind loves all sorts of practices and methods it accomplishes to establish progress to itself, to justify the process but it will always place another task we need to accomplish to keep us on the treadmill of it's 'work'.

Many of those practices and methods can be helpful in training the mind to do something it may not do on it's own but the experience of being doesn't require the mind to be... it's being. So we can experience being 'happy' even while the mind may do the work it thinks is accomplishing something.

If your present experience is the bliss of liberation this would be obvious to you and maybe it is, don't let me be an obstacle to it. Just be it.

No the bliss of liberation is not my current experience. But my experience is improved from where it was even 2 weeks ago. More emotions, more clarity, less tension etc

I have experienced what seemed like an infinite source of bliss pulsing through me, but it required psychidelics. There's always the same energetic/emotional process on psychidelics for me. The more emotional work I do it seems like I am moving in the same energetic direction I move while on psychidelics, except I'm doing it sober and it takes time rather than in the span of an LSD trip.

Do you experience divine bliss 24/7?

What was your experience like before the shift into bliss? What changed in your experience? I know you said the answer is to simple be, but I am skeptical because right now I am being myself, just being the sensation of what's here, but it's not bliss.

One thing I've been thinking of recently is I have to address the trauma that revolves around me, the personal identity of myself as a human. I think the next step for me is to face everything I have ever done. All my guilt, anger, fear etc. I'm assuming this will end up with the death of myself as a character once I face all the shadows.

Did you have a lot of trauma growing up? I think I had an usual amount of trauma so maybe just being was more effective for you, then it was for me.

Edited by Raptorsin7

@Raptorsin7  I said nothing about divine....and we all have a story. Our flesh embodies being so it can experience harm and scar, the mind remembers the harms and scars then presents them to our awareness for agreement... for belief.

Which you say you have been doing all the practice of recognizing 'aware being' stuff, well use that 'aware being' stuff to be aware of the healing. So when the mind/body experience generates the trauma the healing is already present.

The body/mind may continue to generate the trauma for as long as the body exists yet the 'aware being' still can have the holistic healing of well being. So in essence, even if we trip over the hoop instead of jump through it and land on our face we can still experience the well being of liberation while doing it.

It's not like life stops hurting, harm and scar still happens but the self suffering ceases. When healing is the primary focus of aware being the story the mind creates isn't an obstacle for well being. The only limitation to our experience of liberation are what we imagine are there.

That video is saying endorse the dualism of the emotional and mental roller coaster. My message is that well being can exist regardless of how you view the happenings of our manifest existence and how one handles it all. Liberation isn't found in our views and or dues.

9 hours ago, SOUL said:

@Raptorsin7  I said nothing about divine....and we all have a story. Our flesh embodies being so it can experience harm and scar, the mind remembers the harms and scars then presents them to our awareness for agreement... for belief.

Which you say you have been doing all the practice of recognizing 'aware being' stuff, well use that 'aware being' stuff to be aware of the healing. So when the mind/body experience generates the trauma the healing is already present.

The body/mind may continue to generate the trauma for as long as the body exists yet the 'aware being' still can have the holistic healing of well being. So in essence, even if we trip over the hoop instead of jump through it and land on our face we can still experience the well being of liberation while doing it.

It's not like life stops hurting, harm and scar still happens but the self suffering ceases. When healing is the primary focus of aware being the story the mind creates isn't an obstacle for well being. The only limitation to our experience of liberation are what we imagine are there.

That video is saying endorse the dualism of the emotional and mental roller coaster. My message is that well being can exist regardless of how you view the happenings of our manifest existence and how one handles it all. Liberation isn't found in our views and or dues.

Can you answer my questions?

Okay I re-read your post and I see what you're pointing at. What are the major blocks to the natural healing process of awareness?

How do I stop believing the thoughts about myself that seem like a real story of myself

Edited by Raptorsin7

Just stop, my friend. Just stop. You don't need to make any transformation you are already enlightened. Just let go of all the effort to do any spiritual practices and be still. Don't try to get anywhere just be here as you are. The god is always within you in every moment, all you have to do is let go of control. Surrender to what is now. Every moment.

23 minutes ago, ADD said:

Just stop, my friend. Just stop. You don't need to make any transformation you are already enlightened. Just let go of all the effort to do any spiritual practices and be still. Don't try to get anywhere just be here as you are. The god is always within you in every moment, all you have to do is let go of control. Surrender to what is now. Every moment.

How does this paradigm account for my recent progress.

I did a lot of emotional processing and inspection of my shadow. Inspected my mom, dad, brother, etc.

Lots of yelling, emdr, forming new beliefs etc.

And now I can cry. I haven't been able to cry since I was a little kid.

The alternative is just listening to teachers tell me to be aware of my awareness. Which I did for about a year. But I never had the kind of results in my life that I'm getting now.

Aware of being aware only truly worked on psychidelics. Its the only time it led to a major energeti shift.

9 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

How does this paradigm account for my recent progress.

I did a lot of emotional processing and inspection of my shadow. Inspected my mom, dad, brother, etc.

Lots of yelling, emdr, forming new beliefs etc.

And now I can cry. I haven't been able to cry since I was a little kid.

The alternative is just listening to teachers tell me to be aware of my awareness. Which I did for about a year. But I never had the kind of results in my life that I'm getting now.

Aware of being aware only truly worked on psychidelics. Its the only time it led to a major energeti shift.

Crying is good. Sounds that you are getting good results with what you are doing now so what is the problem you are having? Not being in bliss 24/7? Try to stop more. See what happens if you stop a little bit more? No need to be aware of awareness. Just stop it all. Forget about your spiritual to-do list. Just stop. See what arises? Is there resistance towards it? Stop resisting, let it be as it is. 

@Raptorsin7 see, aware of awareness is not the most effective practice for purification. It's more to rise awareness and create distance between your psyche and awareness. It leads to the realization that I'm nothing at all and nothing ever happens to me. It's beautiful but it has no quality like bliss or love. It's a different kind of freedom, freedom of silence.

Also it's a little bit like problem bypassing. When you do aware of awareness meditation. You jump over all your traumas and problems into that which has no problems. It doesn't purify the mind and traumas much, rather it separates you from the psyche and mind and traumas. The purification element is there also but not so deep like therapy for example.

If you’re interested in purification there are other ways to go about it. Practices like vipassana or hatha yoga that focuses more on the body has a deeper impact on purification of the mind. But know this, purification takes a lot of time. There's garbage in your mind you have no clue about. Layers upon layers of garbage, even lifetimes of garbage. So ? but still purification has it's place. I do it also. How much you care about it depends on individual. If you really want to invest in that direction than just find an appropriate practice you can do that purifies your mind on a daily basis. It would be useful.  But aware of awareness practice does purify the mind sufficiently enough imo.

Hopefully something will resonate here.

?

Edited by Salvijus

4 hours ago, ADD said:

Crying is good. Sounds that you are getting good results with what you are doing now so what is the problem you are having? Not being in bliss 24/7? Try to stop more. See what happens if you stop a little bit more? No need to be aware of awareness. Just stop it all. Forget about your spiritual to-do list. Just stop. See what arises? Is there resistance towards it? Stop resisting, let it be as it is. 

Overall I'd say I don't have a problem. My life has never been better. I am making quantum leaps in my life almost every few days... at this rate i'll be emperor of the world within a few decades lol

I guess faster emotional and spiritual progress would be nice, but honestly things have been unfolding so quickly I think in a few weeks i'll be looking at most of these issues in the rear view mirror.

I could probably spend more time just sitting and being, I'm only doing about 30 minutes per day, I think a few hours would be significant.

Maybe you can help me with some more existential questions. This is what I really don't understand.

Like, why is there so much disorder, chaos, suffering in the world? If there are other conscious beings like myself, how is the world in such  a state of disorder? 

What is the point of life for so many people who just live and then die for needless purposes. Like imagine being in Napolean's army when he marched into Russia. 500 000 went in, and only 20 000 came out. What is the point of that? You are born as consciousness you get sent into Russia and then suffer and die lol. It just makes no sense to me.

Why are consciousness teachers so shitty? Why does Rupert spira have 10's of thousands of views? Like this guy must know that most of his audience does not understand his teaching and they are mentally masterbating trying to understand his practice. Stuff like this just makes no sense to me. 

Why isn't this world heaven? Why would consciousness even allow anything other than Heaven? 

My life is pretty good, I can see how my only issue is that I do not have the wisdom to see life as perfect. I have literally 0 worldly problems. But for other people this doesn't seem to be the case. If everyone had my life then life would make a bit more sense, but people are living like fools and they are all delusional. I just don't get the purpose to so much of the world.

Yeah so if you can help with that, that would be nice

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

Just be aware of being aware. 

Jk. Great to hear of the releasing my friend, great to hear. 

Haha. 

There's no you. Now we can all go home, problem solved.

https://youtu.be/YebUIUOCo94?t=1468

This the scene that did it. Napolean's best friend died in combat, and for whatever reason it makes me cry. Still not full on sobbing yet, but still it's incredible nonetheless