Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
8Ball

Leo: Did you develop your speaking skills?

6 posts in this topic

Hey,

I think one of the reasons you blew up on Youtube was because you have this ability to explain and articulate things in a very fluid manner. You don't use big flashy words, but when you speak one gets the impression that you do use big words when you actually don't. That's the best way I can describe it.

Also noticed that you spoke a lot faster in your earlier videos, but slowed it down later on. A deliberate decision I presume.

So my question is, were you always able to speak in this sort of extremely fluid straightforward manner or did you have to develop this? If so, can you refer me to some resources?

If anyone else wants to give me some tips and ideas you are of course welcome to do so.

I paint abstract art. Check out my website and let me know what you think.

https://www.galleriabstrakt.se/collections/all

(I only ship within Sweden so forgive me if you see a painting you'd like but can't order)

It's not really a matter of speaking ability, it's a matter of endless years of contemplation and articulation of ideas in my own mind.

The speaking of the words is the least important part of my work. The heavy lifting is done by concepts and the internal understanding.

Yes, I did slow down my speech consciously.

It's not that I speak fluidly, it's that I articulate my insights and refine my understanding to myself. Then later I speak it to you.

The power comes from a deep understanding which accumulates over years of contemplation.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I voice my thoughts out loud when I’m alone. They don’t even seem like thoughts just whatever the fuck I feel and it comes out. This made me a much better speaker. 

@Leo Gura leo didn’t  you ever take part in toastmasters or something similar to build up your speaking ability? I too admire the way you speak.

Btw I found this once when trying to find an interview of you.can you tell us what it is?

On 11/19/2021 at 5:13 PM, Leo Gura said:

It's not really a matter of speaking ability, it's a matter of endless years of contemplation and articulation of ideas in my own mind.

The speaking of the words is the least important part of my work. The heavy lifting is done by concepts and the internal understanding.

Yes, I did slow down my speech consciously.

It's not that I speak fluidly, it's that I articulate my insights and refine my understanding to myself. Then later I speak it to you.

The power comes from a deep understanding which accumulates over years of contemplation.

Noted. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present.