Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SamC

Leo, does pick up really develop deep confidence + make you into a strong man?

13 posts in this topic

In Leo's critique of PUA Leo says that if you think you will develop deep confidence thourgh pick up you are tricking yourself. What is confusing about this is that he said that pick up primarily is a way to pursue deep personal development and becoming a strong man in the how to get laid series. 

What is true? Will pick up give you deep confidence and help you develop your masculinity or will it not. What's the distinction that I am missing?

@Leo Gura

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Anything difficult you do and make a considerable amount progress in will make you into a stronger man.

2 hours ago, FlyingLotus said:

@SamC He talks about that in the "PUA rant" episode at 33:55.  

Yeah makes sense but I still don't get why Leo says the opposite in his new how to get laid vids? Have you changed your mind or made a finer distinction? @Leo Gura

Edited by SamC

6 hours ago, Harlen Kelly said:

@SamC What about you do pick up for a while and figure out the response yourself. 

Will do that but would love to hear Leo's thoughts aswell!

6 hours ago, Jacob Morres said:

You can do it in a way that such happens 

How? Can you expand on this?

6 hours ago, Bando said:

Anything difficult you do and make a considerable amount progress in will make you into a stronger man.

Yeah I think so too. Maybe it won't solve your core issue but maybe it will autocorrect something and help you connect with woman somehow ( indirectly). 

2 hours ago, Etherial Cat said:

@SamC

Your answer is to be found here ->

Will watch, thanks!

There is some truth in both perspectives.

There are also different kinds of confidence.

And it also depends on how you go about doing it.

Pickup helps most with developing social confidence and confidence in dealing with girls.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Can you shed light on different kinds of confidence? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There is some truth in both perspectives.

And it also depends on how you go about doing it.

Pickup helps most with developing social confidence and confidence in dealing with girls.

Thanks Leo! Mind expanding a bit more on why that is and how it differs?  What will PUA not fix? @Leo Gura

@SamC ik you asked leo but from my exp pua won't fix your internal feelings of self worth and authenticity 

I actually don't think that traditional pickup helps much with this . Happy to be wrong 

But, when I looked at rsd juliens latest product (tengame) and also rsd Alex, they both spent time I think into correcting some of the negatives that came with pua. Julien with focusing on authenticity in tengame and then trauma work in his latest work. Then Alex with focusing on self esteem as the core of the game. This is just my understanding 

Confidence tends to be very situational. Just because you're confident at public speaking does not automatically make you confident at flirting with a girl. Because these are different skills that must be trained. And your lack of confidence here is just an admission that you lack experience with that particular mode of operating.

Then there might be something like core confidence which is more universal and applies to anything new you attempt in life. But even if your core confidence is high, you still won't be good with girls because girls require a very specific experience base to make you good with them. Core confidence isn't enough there. And conversely, just because you're very experienced with girls does not necessarily mean you got a high core confidence.

So you want to work both on your core confidence and also confidence which is highly situational to the things you want to be good at. You want both a broad and narrow confidence. Pickup can be used to train a narrow confidence, but it also can help you develop some broader confidence if you combine it with self-esteem work and deep inner game work and spiritual work.

Broad confidence will tend to come more from personal development and spiritual development. But also just exposing yourself to a wide variety of challenging life experiences (of which pickup is one kind of challenging experience).

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.