knakoo

Nargis No Thing : I love this new channel

29 posts in this topic

I strongly resonate with her. 

If you love Anna Brown or Ariana Reflects you should resonate with her as well.

One interesting thing I got from the video is that not everyone has a big epiphany moment to realise No-Self. It can be gradual process and some people can not pinpoint the precise moment when the end of separation happened. I know part of me was/is wondering when the big epiphany would/will happen. This should help me drop that expectation. 

Reminds me that I wanted to share this video. I had an awakening watching it

She is good ? ? 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

42 minutes ago, Bojan V said:

@knakoo What kind of awakening did you have?

Felt like melting into my surroundings, with intense bliss

Neo Advaita is such a privileged form of spirituality. The potential for self-deception is massive and the teachings only work for those living relatively comfortable lives. Yet the spiritual bypassing and possibility for enormous amounts of suffering are there, all unconsciously present, all hiding in the background of the unconscious mind. 

It's like fast food for the spiritual community, no wonder it's so popular. 

Watched one of her videos and a quote stuck out : "How can any practice bring you closer to what already is?" - Nargis No thing

How? Paradox. Neo Advaita is unconscious of this deep paradox. That no matter what we do, we can not get any closer to what is ultimately true, yet to deny our level of consciousness is to still play right into the dream's hand. If you aren't enlightened, you aren't enlightened. No amount of pretending "this is it!" will make it so. This is indeed it, but until the consciousness of what this is, is, Samsara. Embracing this paradox is salvation, denying it is just another game of the ego. 

Shinzen Young said something during the last online retreat I attended, "The Monastery will find you." What does that mean? Suffering, immense suffering, will find you. Aging, illness, death, pain, loss - Until you can embrace hell with a smile on your face, your spiritual games mean shit. All vapid games of the ego.

On the other hand, we can rest easy and practice playfully, knowing it is already complete, whole, free.

Those who balance this paradox know true liberation. Those that pretend, well... I feel sorry for them. 

11 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@Consilience why is suffering so important to you? 

Because out of all the indicators for how conscious one is, it's one of the best. By suffering I mean pain * resistance, essentially. That's a super simplified model but it's pretty clear, I believe. 

Edit: And as one actually works towards raising their level of consciousness (notice how this contradicts the idea that "This is it!" but in actuality, there is no contradiction. Primordial Paradox is not something the ego mind can do), suffering goes down because resistance goes down. The nature of resistance and pain is seen. All phenomena start to be experienced as their actuality rather than ego-mind projections. Going full circle is experience these ego-mind projections in the same consciousness as when they're absent. 

It's not personal though so the question "why is suffering so important to you?" doesn't really mean much. It's simply what I see when I look out at the world. I see countless sentient beings unconsciously suffering and I see that suffering manifest itself in utterly dysfunctional, incongruent ways. Again though, it's not personal. It's just apart of the whole. 

Edited by Consilience

4 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Neo Advaita is such a privileged form of spirituality. The potential for self-deception is massive and the teachings only work for those living relatively comfortable lives. Yet the spiritual bypassing and possibility for enormous amounts of suffering are there, all unconsciously present, all hiding in the background of the unconscious mind. 

It's like fast food for the spiritual community, no wonder it's so popular. 

Watched one of her videos and a quote stuck out : "How can any practice bring you closer to what already is?" - Nargis No thing

How? Paradox. Neo Advaita is unconscious of this deep paradox. That no matter what we do, we can not get any closer to what is ultimately true, yet to deny our level of consciousness is to still play right into the dream's hand. If you aren't enlightened, you aren't enlightened. No amount of pretending "this is it!" will make it so. This is indeed it, but until the consciousness of what this is, is, Samsara. Embracing this paradox is salvation, denying it is just another game of the ego. 

Exactly.

Trying to do something, trying to not do something. Both are attempts to do something.

I'd rather have you try to do something instead of pretending to not do something. 

Because if you really didn't do anything about it - then why attend Neo Advaita Satsangs? Why watch Anna Brown videos? Why says to yourself and others "there's nothing to do, nothing to achieve, this is it." ? 

At least you will get frustrated quicker when trying to do somethingxD

@Consilience if you see someone hungry, give him food. 

If you see someone in pain, help him. 

But sitting down and talking about the suffering of the world is a waste of energy and doesn't do anything.

What's happening right this moment is the only thing that matters. 

This might sound cold, I'm trying to point to something here that is hard to type out. 

Maybe this will help: you can speak about suffering and pain all you'd like, really it's no problem, but if someone pulled a gun to your head, would thoughts about the suffering of the world be there? 

Hope you grasp what I'm trying to point to. 

And appreciate your response ?.

9 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Because if you really didn't do anything about it - then why attend Neo Advaita Satsangs? Why watch Anna Brown videos? Why says to yourself and others "there's nothing to do, nothing to achieve, this is it." ? 

Bingo :D

Reminds me of a meme I saw recently: 

Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 1.55.41 PM.png

16 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@Consilience if you see someone hungry, give him food. 

If you see someone in pain, help him. 

But sitting down and talking about the suffering of the world is a waste of energy and doesn't do anything.

What's happening right this moment is the only thing that matters. 

This might sound cold, I'm trying to point to something here that is hard to type out. 

Maybe this will help: you can speak about suffering and pain all you'd like, really it's no problem, but if someone pulled a gun to your head, would thoughts about the suffering of the world be there? 

Hope you grasp what I'm trying to point to. 

And appreciate your response ?.

The intent isn't to sit down and talk about the suffering of the world for the sake of talking about the suffering of the world. I'm bringing it up in the context of the discussion about this teaching style, Neo Advaita. 

Talking about the suffering of the world is not a waste of energy if we are interested in discovering what is true. If we agree that suffering is ultimately illusory, which based on prior interactions I assume you understand this, then the discussion of The First Noble Truth is not a waste of time. When we can admit "Ok... Suffering is present" this immediately tells us there is ignorance, unconsciousness. When we are honest about where we are, rather than falling back into beliefs about "this is it!" rather than a genuine consciousness, such an honesty allows us the possibility of directly experiencing what is actually true. The key is to realize suffering without suffering, but watching Anna Brown videos isn't going to get someone there.

To be honest, I don't know what you are trying to point towards in this discussion. Any clarity is welcome.  

seems to shallow for my taste. same applies for the other girls you mentioned.

'uncompromised non-duality' is just another story in the dream. the story also called 'end of seeking'.

'uncompromised' is a bias and identical to 'compromised'.

that 'it' being aware of 'itself' is a duality, is two objects, has no reality. 

too much knowing about not-knowing could be a trick for avoiding not-knowing.

seeking energy is not always about finding something different than 'this'. sometimes 'this' desires to know itself.

5 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Exactly.

Trying to do something, trying to not do something. Both are attempts to do something.

I'd rather have you try to do something instead of pretending to not do something. 

@Consilience

Do you sense that the seeking energy reinforces the sense of separation ?

From my perspective, these videos are useful to make me more aware of the seeking energy within me in my day to day life, so it can dissipate. I am going through a kundalini awakening, so when I notice the seeking energy, I just start crying, yawning, shaking, dry heaving/purging and then I feel lighter.

It is not about trying to do or not do something, but simply being open, doing what feels right in the moment (not necessarily what feels good).

For instance you can go for a walk, simply being in the moment, enjoying the views. There is a subtle joy and love in that. Or you can do a walking meditation, focusing on each step you take and trying to reach some kind of state. 

Same thing with watching Anna brown videos. You can do it because you feel like doing in the moment, feeling peace joy or love while doing it, without feeling that it is more useful than watching Netflix. Or you can watch video after video in a mechanical way, trying to get something out of it. 

You can be in being or seeking mode not matter what you do. 

Also I have the impression that the seeking energy can be very subtle. I am sure it is present in me a lot of the time without me realising it (or maybe all the time if I have not realise No-Self ?).

"there's nothing to do, nothing to achieve, this is it." If I had this thought it would make me chuckle :D. Let the mind say whatever it wants. No need to take it seriously.

@Consilience

6 minutes ago, Consilience said:

When we can admit "Ok... Suffering is present" this immediately tells us there is ignorance, unconsciousness. When we are honest about where we are, rather than falling back into beliefs about "this is it!" rather than a genuine consciousness, such an honesty allows us the possibility of directly experiencing what is actually true.

Admitting that suffering is present is great as the very first step, as it allows us to inspect: what is suffering really? Its just as helpful as reading an eckhart tolle book in the very beginning, but eventually it becomes an obstacle. The recognition that somethings off (suffering) isnt the same thing as the beliefs about things being off, make sense? 

Like if I recognize that a certain food doesnt feel good, that isnt the same as the beliefs I hold about the food, or the discomfort it causes. 

15 minutes ago, Consilience said:

The intent isn't to sit down and talk about the suffering of the world for the sake of talking about the suffering of the world. I'm bringing it up in the context of the discussion about this teaching style, Neo Advaita.  

Make no mistake, theres certainly teachers who are Neo-Advaitan / Bullshitters and im not at all defending this person in the vid in the OP. Im really honing in on the beliefs about suffering present rn. 

22 minutes ago, Consilience said:

The key is to realize suffering without suffering, but watching Anna Brown videos isn't going to get someone there.

The teacher finds the student, and the students find the teacher. Ive seen people posting videos from literal cult leaders on here showing them off as great spiritual teachers, I face palm and move on knowing that it is what is necessary for their personal growth. I cant do much about it as theyd just try to beat me in an argument, and that gets them no where. Anna Brown is amazing actually once you grasp the simple innocence. 

25 minutes ago, Consilience said:

To be honest, I don't know what you are trying to point towards in this discussion. Any clarity is welcome.  

Im pointing to the truth of what suffering really is, its a ghost. Thought associates the sensation of pain/discomfort with "you" and identification is created, "Im suffering". This is one of the ways that thought continues in the loop of misunderstanding. 

This is gonna sound crazy, but if youre fully 100% present: pain is indistinguishible from any other sensation. Because right here in this eternal void whats here is here, and when its fully felt, you cant know what it is or say this is different from that. 

That doesnt mean that if you push me off a cliff I wont scream, or that I wont cry if I break my legs.

22 minutes ago, knakoo said:

Do you sense that the seeking energy reinforces the sense of separation ?

Early on in the path, yes. Now? No, not at all. Whether seeking energy is or isnt present is irrelevant. The capacity to seek without seeking is a cornerstone for true meditative progress. 

24 minutes ago, knakoo said:

From my perspective, these videos are useful to make me more aware of the seeking energy within me in my day to day life, so it can dissipate. I am going through a kundalini awakening, so when I notice the seeking energy, I just start crying, yawning, shaking, dry heaving/purging and then I feel lighter.

Im glad they’re useful. If they resonate, don’t let my shit posting stop you from getting value. 

24 minutes ago, knakoo said:

For instance you can go for a walk, simply being in the moment, enjoying the views. There is a subtle joy and love in that. Or you can do a walking meditation, focusing on each step you take and trying to reach some kind of state. 

That’s not true meditation. True meditation is not about reaching some kind of state. The first part of this quote is more akin to true meditation. 

26 minutes ago, knakoo said:

“there's nothing to do, nothing to achieve, this is it." If I had this thought it would make me chuckle :D. Let the mind say whatever it wants. No need to take it seriously.

Definitely ?

29 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

Im pointing to the truth of what suffering really is, its a ghost. Thought associates the sensation of pain/discomfort with "you" and identification is created, "Im suffering". This is one of the ways that thought continues in the loop of misunderstanding. 

This is gonna sound crazy, but if youre fully 100% present: pain is indistinguishible from any other sensation. Because right here in this eternal void whats here is here, and when its fully felt, you cant know what it is or say this is different from that. 

That doesnt mean that if you push me off a cliff I wont scream, or that I wont cry if I break my legs.

Got it. Yeah I feel you on this. From my own perspective, this doesn’t sound crazy at all, matches my own experience. Yes even with the screaming and crying, just automatic responses of the body-mind. 

2 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Early on in the path, yes. Now? No, not at all. Whether seeking energy is or isnt present is irrelevant. The capacity to seek without seeking is a cornerstone for true meditative progress. 

Can you elaborate ? I don't see what you mean.

4 minutes ago, Consilience said:

That’s not true meditation. True meditation is not about reaching some kind of state. The first part of this quote is more akin to true meditation. 

If there is no doing and no seeking energy, then you are just being. At this point can you still call it a "practice" or "meditation" ?

8 minutes ago, knakoo said:

Can you elaborate ? I don't see what you mean.

It’s basically when you become conscious of what seeking is, who is (or isn’t) seeking, what is (or isn’t) seeking as not me, not mine, just more phenomena. Wholeness, boundless freedom, unconditional love, God, emptiness can be recognized all the while the seeking energy remains. What is true is already true regardless of whether seeking is present, so whether seeking ends or doesn't is irrelevant for what is absolutely true. In my own case, it's been recognized no one at all is seeking, yet reality is still practicing intense meditation, going evermore deeply within the source of actuality, or Being. Yet the practicing is non-personal, un-fixated, spontaneous. I also notice the more this personal body-mind practices, the healthier (in relative terms) all of life becomes. 

12 minutes ago, knakoo said:

If there is no doing and no seeking energy, then you are just being. At this point can you still call it a "practice" or "meditation" ?

Perhaps no, but most people who think they're just “being” are not, but are unaware of this because their minds are so subtle, so unconscious, they’re unaware. This is why formal practice is useful. It is a litmus test for where you’re actually at. Why is “just being” so difficult after a measly 2 hours of sitting still? Because the sentient being is not actually conscious of what Being, existential Being, really is. 

Of course this is a double edged sword because it can reinforce a sense of agency and seeking. But on the other hand, hardcore meditation is radically less risky than prematurely giving it all up.