Someone here

Time travel

54 posts in this topic

It seems to me that time travel is not possible, because time does not exist, outside of a concept. All that there was in the past, is right here right now and all that will be, is right here right now. If you could travel at the speed of light and look at the earth, it would have the same effect as a photograph, there would be no movement and the light would appear to be frozen. When we look a light from a distant galaxy, it takes many light years to get here, so it could be said that we are looking into the past, but the reality is, we are seeing the light which is right here right now.

Just wanted to start a general discussion on time travel and everyone's theories or opinions on all topics regarding this - including, but not limited to paradoxes, possibilities, application, favorite time travel movies, etc.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

"Physical laws" are imagined by God. Same with "time travel". Nowhere is it written that you cannot travel through time.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Everything is possible :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Existence kind of seems like a constant time travel.

Not that it's going anywhere, but that it's in constant energetic flow.

It's completely free and wild without boundaries or perimeters. Boundlessness

Always fresh and always new.

You never step into the same river twice and it's constantly rivering.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Thought about this a lot down the years as used to enjoy many time travel themed shows. A couple of my favourites were a series called 12 monkeys, there’s a film too but never seen that, and a Canadian series called continuum. Cool shows I preferred continuum as I enjoyed the storyline more. But on the real notion on time travel, I’m not convinced at all that it’s physically possible in the way we see in the movies. But I wouldn’t write it off in terms of altered states of consciousness. Not that I’ve ever even remotely experienced such a phenomena. But my mind is open to the possibility that one could potentially so radically alter their state, that maybe they could end up winding up in a different time period. Only then they’d have altered consciousness so completely they either wouldn’t even realise they’d done it themselves, or if they were aware, then because all that would exist would be that state and environment dreamed up, then they would come across as a complete madman and be thrown in the nuthouse for claiming such a thing. So my belief is time travel likely doesn’t lie within the realms of physical laws, but within states of consciousness itself. Who knows??‍♂️

Edited by Dazgwny

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

"Physical laws" are imagined by God. Same with "time travel". Nowhere is it written that you cannot travel through time.

I would not discard time, it is a very useful concept! I just don’t believe it is possible to travel through a concept

-Osho

1 hour ago, Tim Ho said:

@Someone here

We are slowly traveling into the future right now.  We can speed it up and travel into the far future with gravity or acceleration (Einstein). 

Looking or observing the past is not the same as traveling to the past.

To go backward  to the past, that requires infinity level of energy which is God's level.   This is something I am very interested to learn more.   

Once, I had awakening experience that time slowly moving.   Also lost time, about few hours, during my first awakening and I still don't know where that time has gone to.  It is still a mystery to me.  

was the present moment when you read this, it was the present moment when you typed it and it is still the present moment. If you think about it, you will realize that there was never a time in your life when it wasn’t the present moment. When I walk down a road, the path ahead of me is not the future, it is also in the present moment and the path behind me is not the past, it is also still in the present. Looking at where I was or where I’m going may be thought of as past or future, but the reality is, we may never escape this present moment.

-Osho

From the scientific perspective, gravity slows down the flow of time. So if you manage to go near the black hole and stay there for a few minutes, when you return to Earth, a few centuries would pass in the meantime. That way you can travel to the future.

Edited by Tyler Durden

Can you have a dream where you get into a time machine and experience time travel?

Time is a projection onto now/direct experience so I dont think time travel is possible...

Dont look at me! Look inside!

8 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Time is a projection onto now/direct experience so I dont think time travel is possible...

What about a projection about a projection ?

I definitely time traveled in one of my dream, I also killed thousands of jews as a zombie SS though.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 minutes ago, Shin said:

What about a projection about a projection ?

I definitely time traveled in one of my dream, I also killed thousands of jews as a zombie SS though.

You dont need time for that. Appearance can change in the now. If its changes very drastically you feel like you have travelled in time. ;) But what is change... good question... Will have to contemplate that.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

I would not discard time, it is a very useful concept! I just don’t believe it is possible to travel through a concept

As opposed to travelling through space? Space is also a concept. Travel is also a concept. So what?

You can have 'same dream' twice.. In reality everything is NOW, so there is nowhere to go back ^_^

15 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

As opposed to travelling through space? Space is also a concept. Travel is also a concept. So what?

Wherever you go, there you are! Thinking about where you were or where you are going all takes place in your head. The concept of time is very useful for making plans, but an unfortunate and untimely laws of physics would put those plans into a different perspective.

Folks travel in time not frequently nowadays.

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

8 hours ago, Someone here said:

Thinking about where you were or where you are going all takes place in your head.

Yes. All thinking takes place in your head. That doesn't say much. Travelling from Boston to Houston is still just as conceptual as travelling from today to the stone age.

@Carl-Richard we travel through space all day every day.  When was the last time you traveled through time? 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

19 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Carl-Richard we trave through space all day every day.  When was the last time you traveled through time? 

Look who is suddenly appealing to time? xD

There is ultimately nothing that prevents what we refer to as time travel from being possible. It's only impossible if you care about immediate human shortcomings, but that is like a plant saying horizontal movement is impossible.

@Carl-Richard

How would it work? Explain the mechanism of time travel please. Don't just say it's possible

-Osho