Someone here

What are you living for?

52 posts in this topic

What reasons do you have to go on living? What gives your life meaning and purpose?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

The profound intelligence of the universe. Realizing I don't need to do anything, I can't really control anything, the universe is so hyper intelligent that I have nothing to worry about. Tapping into those moments are what have given me deep joy for life during some dark moments recently.

All there is to do is give up, let go, forgive.  When I remember that, I feel so exhilarated and full of life!

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

The curiosity to find out how much I can grow, transform, expand, what I can craft this human avatar into, how widely and deeply I can understand and learn about the world and universe at large, how magical the experience of life can get, how passionate and in love with life I can feel. 

The thrill of being on this journey of inner and outer exploration, of self-discovery, of playing this game of dissolving fear and unveiling layers I put there to conceal my true nature. Seeing myself as a hero, a warrior.

Connection with my body and sexuality. Authentic and creative self-expression. Relationships with other people. Contributing to connecting and bringing harmony between nature and humanity.

for God, nothing else....and my mortal family, i love them so deeply.

Edited by blackchair

1. Fear of death

2. Exploration and curiosity.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

For love and God... and, perhaps most importantly... to see what happens! I've been alive long enough to know that fundamental transformations do happen... and I want more!

I trust that since I am alive I should be alive. Any reason I find that goes against going on living, I simply don't know if those reasons are true. I trust that if I am not supposed to go on life will stop. But it hasn't and in fact I can't imagine that it will. The fact that I can be okay right here and now motivates me to continue being okay right here right now. 

What if you have no reason to live? What would you do then? 

-Osho

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What if you have no reason to live?

Reason is logic. Life is prior to logic.

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What would you do then? 

Continue breathing as long as I can.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

9 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Someone here said:

@Gesundheit2 blind conscious survival no matter what is it? 

Nope.

That would be knowing reason for staying alive. But since In case you don't have reasons for living.. To Continue to live in this case would be blind attachment to life.  

-Osho

22 minutes ago, Someone here said:

That would be knowing reason for staying alive.

How is consciousness equal to "knowing"? Consciousness is non-prescriptive, only descriptive. Observation is not active, it's passive.

Reason for staying alive is an active judgment. And it's unnecessary. For example, trees don't seem to have a reason to live, and yet they continue living regardless.

But since In case you don't have reasons for living.. To Continue to live in this case would be blind attachment to life.  

In this case, we might call it passive, yet conscious attachment. But for me to detach from life, that would require active effort, whether conscious or not.

Breathing is passive, it happens automatically without my egoic will, I can only become aware of it. On the other hand, trying to stop the breath is an active seeking and going against life, it's ego.

Edited by Gesundheit2

@Gesundheit2 do you personally have a reason to continue living..?

You said:

16 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Lack of death.

What does this mean? 

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Gesundheit2 do you personally have a reason to continue living..?

I really don't.

And to be clear, I am not continuing life, per se. That would require a will and an effort, which is ego.

Life is happening and unfolding, and I'm simply not standing in the way. I'm going with the flow of things. It's that simple.

You said:

Lack of death.

What does this mean? 

It's a shorter version of what I said right above.

Edited by Gesundheit2

@Gesundheit2 so you are just living automatically and mechanically.. You don't know why are you alive...you have no idea why you are living is my point.

So how can you call that "conscious" survival? What's "conscious" about it?  It would be appropriate to call it blind survival. 

-Osho

@Someone here

Conscious survival because I'm aware of myself and surroundings most of the time. Wherever I go, and whatever I do, there's always a feeling of presence. I don't live life like a zombie. I am not blind or unconscious like most people, although I used to be so. There's very little automatism about my life. That's high consciousness. It's very distinct from blind/unconscious living.