Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vynce

Purpose of sleep dreams

8 posts in this topic

Everytime I see the perfect design of reality in all it's beauty I wonder why god designed sleep as such an important part of our life. Why give away 1/3 of our life unconscious to sleep? 

Maybe Leo can say one or two things on his blog about that :)

@Vynce I had the intuition, that God designed sleep to experience all sorts of crazy, non-logical stuff that would normally destroy the structure of the "sober infinity". But since God also wants to know how it is being chased by a super massive UFO in the desert by wearing a snow jacket, sleep dreams seem to be a good opportunity for such experiences. 

I also posted here about half a month ago a request for a sleep video. Would love to see his take on it. Maybe it's just a nut he has yet to crack! ?

Edited by DManKee

On 16/11/2021 at 5:02 AM, Vynce said:

I had the intuition, that God designed sleep to experience all sorts of crazy, non-logical stuff

@Vynce

Nah dreams aren't crazy non-logical stuff. There's method to the madness.

I've recommended this book to many people on this forum called "Mindful Dreaming" by David Gordon. Go take a look if you're interested.

I'm making it a goal of mine to learn how to navigate dreams better and get insights from them.

And working with dreams is also an interesting way to deconstruct the materialist paradigm.

Edited by blankisomeone

I've read somewhere that dreams prepare you for 'unexpected' stuff in waking reality.

I also noticed that when my life is mind-numbingly boring, the dreams become all the crazier. I honestly don't like what I see in them most of the time,

I would really like to know how to take control of the unconscious mind, or at least really 'cleanse' it or something.

15 hours ago, KatiesKarma said:

I would really like to know how to take control of the unconscious mind

No. Release control

Interesting af !!!

Since i was a child i always had a deep feeling that there is something extremely important about learning the "game" of dreams, lucid-dreaming for lucid-living.

It makes sense if "real life" is some sort of dream-state as well

I feel that there is a lot to learn from "dream science" that we can't learn directly from real life

It would make sense that Practicing awakening from dreams (lucid-dreaming) can be a powerful tool for awakening from "real life"

Imagine being so conscious of dreams that you just sit in awe/meditation in your dream, knowing its all you

Are all enlightened master, enlightened is their dreams ?