cookiemonster

Austria introduces lockdown for unvaccinated

112 posts in this topic

@Carl-Richard edit: I said what I said, because people are stating flat out that it's only unvaccinated who infect people. This is simply note true, hence why I shared the video I shared. 

Remember, in this context is passports and boxing people in their homes which means they can't work and pay their bills. We're taking extreme actions backed by a false narrative that vaccines stop transmissions. Many were led to believe that hence why they got the jab, I know several people, and they feel lied to. 

Edited by Johnny Galt

Another point to the thread. Are we attempting zero cases and zero deaths? What's our goal? 

We should probably be bathing in hand sanitizer to make sure we kill all our bacteria 

Edited by Johnny Galt

4 hours ago, Bojan V said:

Well it's about time to stop spreading covid! Almost two years of this pandemy!  My Austrian neighbours are doing a wonderful job! Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers are spreading this illness and they don't care. They don't want vaccines, they don't want masks, they don't want tests, but they want freedom?! Good. I want freedom to NOT be infected, i want  freedom to NOT be bullied by angry anti-vaxxers too. They should be stoped and this is the only way.

Bravo Austria!

You didn't read? Vaccinated people spread covid too!

HEHE!

53 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

I absolutely love it.  You either progress forward or get left behind in your tiny dark room with your conspiracy theories and online echo chambers.

We need this in the USA, ASAP.  We can't be fucking around and coddling these idiots any longer tbh.

You are not processing the information correctly.

8 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

You are not processing the information correctly.

^why is my name up there i didn't say that :P 

@PurpleTree

3 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

yea austria always brings forth great ideas and people

like the failed artist young 'dolph, remember him?

you would have loved him :x   

Wow lol.

6 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

@Johnny Galt Even if infected vaccinated people transmit the virus at the same rate as unvaccinated people (which they don't), vaccines will still reduce the overall likelihood of transmission in the population. It's the people who are infected who transmit the virus, and vaccinated people are less likely to get infected. You're misrepresenting data by conflating probabilistic statements and absolute statements. "Vaccines don't stop/prevent transmission" does not mean "vaccines don't reduce the likelihood of transmission".

The opposite could also be true.

People who are unvaccinated and catch the virus get sick and stay home.

People who are vaccinated and catch the virus don't get sick and go around spreading the virus.

2 hours ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Why lock them up? Give them freedom, I say! Let them experience the taste of their stupidity.

@Knowledge Hoarder The problem is; it doesn't only influence the unvaccinated. When they occupy the ICUs, they unnecessarily rob other people of medical capacities. If you would suddenly drop all restrictions and "give them freedom", the health care system would completely collapse within a week or two and then everybody is screwed. 

15 hours ago, Johnny Galt said:

I said what I said, because people are stating flat out that it's only unvaccinated who infect people. 

Who?

15 hours ago, Johnny Galt said:

Another point to the thread. Are we attempting zero cases and zero deaths? What's our goal? 

We should probably be bathing in hand sanitizer to make sure we kill all our bacteria 

The goal is to minimize spread. Hand sanitizer is one part of the puzzle.

10 hours ago, vladorion said:

The opposite could also be true.

People who are unvaccinated and catch the virus get sick and stay home.

People who are vaccinated and catch the virus don't get sick and go around spreading the virus.

What is your point?

If people can't understand the simple fact that the reason the entire world has decided to vaccinate its people is to reduce/minimize the probability of the virus spreading and endangering our society, then I don't see the point of having these kinds of threads.

If you want to discuss the ethics of segregating the population, then do that, but stay on topic and don't poison the conversation with false information like "vaccines don't work!" We've had dozens of threads about that already. Learn to move on.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Put the unvaccinated in a concentration camp I mean health camp where they can not infect the 'Volkskörper'. It is not fascist if we do it, right?

Edited by Epikur

@Tim R  Well, we've had 0 restrictions on anyone in the UK since July, and our health care system hasn't collapsed, and its been more than 1 or 2 weeks? 

I think we seem to forget its mainly Unhealthy / Elderly people who end up in ICU's. 

In March, the CDC said- About 78% of people who have been hospitalized, needed a ventilator or died from Covid-19 have been overweight or obese, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in a new study Monday.

Yet, we've heard fuck all in the UK about exercise, proper nutrition, supplementation & actually leading a healthy lifestyle, and its been almost 2 years, that's plenty of time to get in shape, especially cos everyone had plenty of free time..

Most people under 50 Vaxxed or Unvaxxed won't end up in ICU. 

@Epikur @PurpleTree @Arcangelo  I'm glad to see some here are on a similar wavelength as me, and think this is literal craziness playing out in front of our eyes. Who thought 3 weeks to flatten the curve would become 3 jabs so you can go get your weekly shop?

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

1 hour ago, Epikur said:

Put the unvaccinated in a concentration camp I mean health camp where they can not infect the 'Volkskörper'. It is not fascist if we do it, right?

It's for you own good.

Hallå

1 minute ago, Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said:

It's for you own good.

Its for the greater good

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

I would just like to know when governments are going to start taking natural immunity more seriously. If an un-vaccinated person recovers from Covid, they thereafter (arguably) have greater protection than someone who has been vaccinated.

By now a significant number of un-vaccinated Austrian people surely should already have natural immunity, so what possible benefit is there in locking them down and removing their ability to work?

If governments were genuinely serious about the issue. they would be testing for natural antibodies just as forcefully as they are pushing the vaccines and enforcing the lockdowns.

Crazy times. I feel kinda sad reading this thread with all the projections... Stop blaming others and look inside. 

there's almost never been a lower mortality rate measured in my country than in the first half of 2021

that's what i've read

I m from austria and I don't think it was a smart idea.

They already had very strict rules against unvaccinated people (they couldn't go to a restaurant or a theater, not even with a test).

And the "lockdown for unvaccinated" really does not change that much more. It's very easy not to comply, since all the vaccinated people will still walk around. 

BUT it definitly had some symbolic power of creating more seperation and thus fueling the process of unvaccinated people building an identity around being unvaccinated. 

Edited by Philipp