cookiemonster

Austria introduces lockdown for unvaccinated

112 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, cookiemonster said:

Are we having fun yet?

Lol, looks like the unvaxed aren't. 

Conflicted about this, cause in the one hand it's good to reduce covid cases, but in the other hand it will split the population in two, and I can't see people not getting pissed a each other even more than they are because of this.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 hours ago, Shin said:

Conflicted about this, cause in the one hand it's good to reduce covid cases, but in the other hand it will split the population in two, and I can't see people not getting pissed a each other even more than they are because of this.

That is exactly our dilemma. In Germany we used to say "Solidarität ist keine Einbahnstraße" ("solidarity isn't a one way street"). 

People who were (and still are) unwilling to get vaccinated didn't show solidarity. Infection rates are higher than ever. Everybody got and still gets their chance to take the shot, if you didn't want it - well, that's unfortunately not only on you. It's on all of us. 

Yes, it splits the population but maybe this is necessary for the greater good and for allowing us to unite again after this shit is over. It's a great crisis and this might be part of the cost of defeating it.

i think it's cray cray

protect the elderly and people who are at higher risk, booster shots etc.

but don't infringe upon the rights for freedom like that

I wonder, how many boosters in a year would be required to be classified as "fully vaccinated"? and therefore how often will one need to get jabbed to be able to participate in society? 

"CDC says the definition of ‘fully vaccinated’ may change as more people get boosters"

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/watch-live-white-house-covid-task-force-holds-briefing-as-more-booster-shots-get-approval

"Therefore, for certain populations, an additional dose may be needed to obtain more durable protection.

https://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/publichealth/coronavirus/docs/vaccine/COVID-19_vaccine_third_dose_recommendations.pdf

"COVID-19 vaccine boosters for all adults is a ‘slippery slope,’ expert warns"

https://globalnews.ca/news/8373612/neil-rau-covid-19-vaccine-booster/

"Getting three jabs, getting your booster will become an important fact…. We will have to adjust our concept of what constitutes a full vaccination”

Boris Boosters.mp4

Edited by Johnny Galt

2 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

i think it's cray cray

protect the elderly and people who are at higher risk, booster shots etc.

but don't infringe upon the rights for freedom like that

You don't have the right to spread the disease just like you don't have the right to create a mass wildlife within your community.

5 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

You don't have the right to spread the disease just like you don't have the right to create a mass wildlife within your community.

you don't have the right to tell me which rights i have

:x

Edited by PurpleTree

This is fucking bullshit.  What the fuck is wrong with the world?

My fucking body my fucking choice.

Resist Austria!

@Hardkill You need to update your knowledge base

"what they can't do anymore is prevent transmission" Dr Walensky, CDC Director

"Although vaccinated people with a breakthrough infection are much less likely to become severely ill than unvaccinated, the new study shows that they can be carrying similar amounts of virus and could potentially spread the virus to other people. This study did not directly address how easily vaccinated people can get infected with SARS-CoV-2, or how readily someone with a breakthrough infection can transmit the virus."

https://www.ucdavis.edu/health/covid-19/news/viral-loads-similar-between-vaccinated-and-unvaccinated-people

1 minute ago, Johnny Galt said:

@Hardkill You need to update your knowledge base

"Although vaccinated people with a breakthrough infection are much less likely to become severely ill than unvaccinated, the new study shows that they can be carrying similar amounts of virus and could potentially spread the virus to other people. This study did not directly address how easily vaccinated people can get infected with SARS-CoV-2, or how readily someone with a breakthrough infection can transmit the virus."

https://www.ucdavis.edu/health/covid-19/news/viral-loads-similar-between-vaccinated-and-unvaccinated-people

Considering the above information, how is it justifiable to impose lock downs on the unmedicated? 

@Arcangelo You're welcome! 

And to the community who reads this thread, being that the jab doesn't stop transmission (according to Dr Walensky, CDC director (see video above)), how does a passport help us out? 

Here's more fun from Austria.

Austria Passport checks.mp4

Edited by Johnny Galt

Well it's about time to stop spreading covid! Almost two years of this pandemy!  My Austrian neighbours are doing a wonderful job! Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers are spreading this illness and they don't care. They don't want vaccines, they don't want masks, they don't want tests, but they want freedom?! Good. I want freedom to NOT be infected, i want  freedom to NOT be bullied by angry anti-vaxxers too. They should be stoped and this is the only way.

Bravo Austria!

@Bojan V Getting vaccinated does not stop transmission. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7ErEnimQ00&feature=emb_logo

Edited by Johnny Galt

@Johnny Galt You know exactly what i mean. Social distance! It's not so hard to do. When i had corona, i didn't go around spreading illness, infecting people. I stayed at home 11 days until i was healthy. 

@Bojan V I'm all for taking precautions and yet to shut the unmedicated out of society this is absurd being that vaccines don't stop transmission. 

It seems people like you applaud it because you want them to "learn" their lesson. This is backed by fear, not science.

I absolutely love it.  You either progress forward or get left behind in your tiny dark room with your conspiracy theories and online echo chambers.

We need this in the USA, ASAP.  We can't be fucking around and coddling these idiots any longer tbh.

@Johnny Galt Even if infected vaccinated people transmit the virus at the same rate as unvaccinated people (which they don't), vaccines will still reduce the overall likelihood of transmission in the population. It's the people who are infected who transmit the virus, and vaccinated people are less likely to get infected. You're misrepresenting data by conflating probabilistic statements and absolute statements. "Vaccines don't stop/prevent transmission" does not mean "vaccines don't reduce the likelihood of transmission".

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, hoodrow trillson said:

I absolutely love it.  You either progress forward or get left behind in your tiny dark room with your conspiracy theories and online echo chambers.

We need this in the USA, ASAP.  We can't be fucking around and coddling these idiots any longer tbh.

yea austria always brings forth great ideas and people

like the failed artist young 'dolph, remember him?

you would have loved him :x