Antor8188

Is the law of attraction real or a scam?

39 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2021 at 4:28 AM, Bojan V said:

Law of attraction is a scam. It is working very well for some authors who are writing about it, because naive people are buying their books and courses.

So Law of attraction was very good for few narcissists but for majority of people? Nah

I've seen someone talking about few tips how to earn 100 million dolars, using LoA, but we have to buy his course... It's a scam and it has nothing to do with authentic spirituality, but it has everything to do with ego...

Did you read a book or take a course on loa? 

On 11/16/2021 at 1:40 AM, Bojan V said:

No, it does not.

It's just a magical thinking.

Thoughts appear & disappear in your direct experience, including the thought magical thinking, while the belief focused on is that this is not actually true. 

On 11/16/2021 at 3:37 AM, Soullee said:

Law of attraction by it self is worthless, but combined with the law of providing tangible value for others. Then it will work. Loa is the theory. Or the vision. Law of value is the skill and the action. 

Value is an ideological belief. Loa is a universal law

19 hours ago, Armand said:

LOA is not something I invest too heavily in when watching guru's on YT. The basic pseudoscience can be beneficial to the right individual but most are completely wasting their time putting it into practice.

Just because you believe there are ‘right & wrong’ individuals does not make it true. Duality & separation is not a universal law, which is why there are universal laws, and is what they help you to realize. 

It's good for people who aren't naturally pessimistic who believe in themselves.

Loa also helps you to realize pessimism is an emotion, magical guidance for the magical thoughts, and is not identity. 

The "if you say it to yourself enough then it will happen," doesn't work for everyone.

That’s unknown with respect to direct experience, but believed, and thus it’s ‘working’ for you, that is your experience. 

Simply put, it can work but I'm seeing more who are failing horribly by simply thinking that having positive thoughts about money will magically manifest money or wealth. That only comes with putting in the work. It's being used as a scam but it does have some benefits to the right person.

Self inquire, who is the one putting in work? Who are the others putting in work? Which one is ‘the right one’? 

2 hours ago, Aaron p said:

Aren't we basically just attracting what we resonate with. I'm pretty sure if two loose objects are vibrating at the same frequency they literally gravitate towards eachother like gravity. Or like magnetism or something

Yep. When God is tripping balls, there are “planets”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Somebody in the US made up the word scam in the 1960's and ever since people have believed in scams. We really got scammed. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Consciousness can dream anything it desires to dream, into existence.

Does that mean you can LOA yourself into being a billionaire? Since ultimately, there is no you, it is a silly question. Within the dream, if Consciousness desires for you to be a billionaire, it will happen. Just realize that Consciousness is calling the shots, not you.

The less of you there is, and the more your ultimate nature as Consciousness is present, the easier it will be to manifest within the dream. If you find yourself attached to the outcome of being a billionaire, it's a sure sign that there is too much of you trying to make it happen.

Wake up, within the dream, and enjoy it for what it is. There's nothing wrong with intent, but realize that it is about the journey, not about the destination. The moment you place the LOA prize above presence, you have fallen back asleep.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Endangered-EGO

2 things.If prayers work, then the ego-self can manipulate reality with the power of mind.

I see prayer as an appeal of the human form, which is Consciousness appearing as other than itself, to its ultimate nature. The ego has no power over whether the prayer is answered, and the greater the ego, the less likely the prayer will be heard.

If it's purely the universal conscioussness' choice, then it basically doesn't matter. Because either way you have no choice but to do be determined by god's will.

Exactly ? Ultimately, there is no you to be making a choice in the first place, and everything within the dream is determined by Consciousness.

Mind has effect on more minds which has effect on matter and systems.

Within the pinball machine of the cosmos, there are apparent causes and effects, but it is all determined by the player that sets the ball in motion.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

If awareness was like a screen... and instead of moving one's body and being a go getter, but instead it was like VR and everything came to you... if awareness had no location... if you had no location. Then attraction would be the true means through which things were realized rather than through movement. An object cannot obtain objects. 

If it is your hand, how can anything you hold within it be yours as well? 

If one can never own anything, then one is never apart from anything they desire. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

This guy has a clear, logical, and concise explanation of how to actually utilize the law of attraction.

i've lost a lot of money believing in loa it seems somewhat dangerous in my experience, yet my mind makes up bias for it to be real since i got some of those unlikely coincidences

maybe it is maybe it isn't who knows, but from what i'm observing it doesn't seem to be real since you can prove it to yourself if it really is

it works but not on that frequency which you are not in.

follow your passion that will set you on your true wave and attract people similar to it.

@Baum

2 hours ago, Baum said:

it works but not on that frequency which you are not in.

follow your passion that will set you on your true wave and attract people similar to it.

1. How does it work?

2. What kind of "frequency" do you have in mind?

3. What type of passion should we follow? How? Why should we follow it in the first place?

4. How will our passion set us on our true wave?

5. What is our "true wave" and who are we in relation to it?

6. How and why will it attract people similar to it? What about other people, animals, plants, objects?

7. Explain in detail what are the mechanics of this misterious process?

I doubt i will get any answer on that or either the answer how to discover it by myself.

57 minutes ago, Bojan V said:

@Baum

1. How does it work?

2. What kind of "frequency" do you have in mind?

3. What type of passion should we follow? How? Why should we follow it in the first place?

4. How will our passion set us on our true wave?

5. What is our "true wave" and who are we in relation to it?

6. How and why will it attract people similar to it? What about other people, animals, plants, objects?

7. Explain in detail what are the mechanics of this misterious process?

I doubt i will get any answer on that or either the answer how to discover it by myself.

I knew you would answer to this as soon as I saw your name here without even reading your replies before I posted.

This is going to sound scary to you, you have been warned.

Before you decided to have a physical experience, you have chosen for yourself a theme(s) that you want to explore in this life and learn lessons from.

Passion is the guide that tells you you are within that theme(s).

You will not understand the mechanics of this process in text because passion is a communication from something that can see beyond your finite perspective.

When you diverge too much from your passion, you are loosing a form of support and will make yourself prone to negativity and misunderstanding.

You have to look inside your feelings, what do you like to do? Maybe you need to work on opening up yourself to passion first?

Edited by Baum

Law of attraction is always at work, the question is whether you use it consciously and deliberately, or it's running on auto-pilot.

Scam.

Its existence discredits spirituality as a whole by making it seem everyone discussing mysticism equates that to thinking they can telepathically conjure a billion dollars into their bedside drawer.

Insane when people refuse cancer treatment for it. Oh and when it doesn't work? Of course the practitioner just didn't want it hard enough.

On 19/11/2021 at 10:25 AM, Aaron p said:

Aren't we basically just attracting what we resonate with. I'm pretty sure if two loose objects are vibrating at the same frequency they literally gravitate towards eachother like gravity. Or like magnetism or something

What vibration? Nothing is vibrating. Man even Rupert Spira likes to explain things by the term "vibrating"...

22 hours ago, Moksha said:

Within the pinball machine of the cosmos, there are apparent causes and effects, but it is all determined by the player that sets the ball in motion.

If the player is god and the game is fueled by "god's will" that's of course outside of our control, then we fully agree with each other's position.

Yeah I recommend you get the book Mindful Dreaming by David Gordon and study about “the grammar of co-creation” that is mentioned somewhere in the first half of the book. It’s basically about how your attitudes and intentions literally transform the circumstances around you. It’s very very subtle though, requires lots of mindful attention and making sure that the intentions you set are aligned with high values. For example an attitude of egotistical control will turn the dream into a nightmare, so that would be something that wouldn’t work. The attitudes gotta be high value and in the flow of what’s currently happening. Extremely subtle stuff. Practice with nightly dreams

Basically it’s about how The next frame of the unfolding of your life will take the form of or be tainted by the attitude/intention you are acting out of right now. If you’re conscious of what your intention is right now then I guess you can tweak it with your WILL

Edited by blankisomeone

41 minutes ago, Endangered-EGO said:

If the player is god and the game is fueled by "god's will" that's of course outside of our control, then we fully agree with each other's position.