Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

James Carville says that "wokeness" has become a liability for Democratic Party

25 posts in this topic

For those of you who don't know James Carville, he has not only has been one of the top campaign advisors in the US for the Democratic Party, but also he was the main campaign strategist who successfully helped both Bill Clinton win the presidency and the Democrats regain much political power in the 90s. During this past year, he been saying that one of the main reasons Democrats lose a lot of elections, including the races that Democrats lost in Virginia over a week ago is because there have been too many Democrats out there in the country, especially those who are progressives, who are emphasizing too much on woke issues such as removing statues, defunding the police, using proper pronouns for transgender students, etc. He instead is strongly advise the Democratic part to focus more on talking more to the public about issues that most of the whole country is more interested such as the economy.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/04/politics/democrats-loss-woke-james-carville/index.html

Focusing on 'wokeness' is easy as it doesn't entail having to challenge corporate interests funding thier political campaigns with any sort of substantiative change that might hurt thier donor's bottom lines.

It's an insincere way for moderate Democrats to try and placate progressives to come out to the polls. But it doesn't work because a majority of progressives are able to see through this when people like Hilary Clinton try to come of as 'woke' without offering any transformative political reforms to address systemic problems.

As for the 'success' of neo-liberalism under Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama, it's failure to actually address the decline in living standards that began in the Reagan era is partly to blame for the rise of far Right Populism.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@Hardkill Transgender people existed for thousands of years. Isn't it time to show some respect for them, including using proper pronouns?

And removing statues of criminals from the past is a good thing. We should do both of that here in Slovenia as well. For example there are statues of some communist politicians and other "important" people who helped with killing people who disagreed with communist regime. We don't have to be either left-wingers or right-wingers to do that. In fact i am neither.

There are things which should not be ideologies...

Yeah, I agree with what you guys are saying. However, I am concerned that the progressives have now been causing too much division within the Democratic Party to the point of where they will lose even more elections that didn't need to be lost. Also, like Leo said, progressives get too unrealistic because their political ideology is still too advanced for our current society in America. 

My dad said that he used to be a "progressive" when he was a young man; however, after the 1980s, he shifted more to the center because he realized that the far left Democrats kept losing so many big elections and thereby lost so much political power during the whole 80s decade and early 90s that they couldn't get ANYTHING done. My father is still a liberal and has always voted for Democratic politicians, but ever since the 90s he has been a center-left Democrat. 

Edited by Hardkill

@Knowledge Hoarder Based on your logic, Germany should've left the Nazi Statues for the purpose of ''not rejecting their country's history''.

Edited by Harlen Kelly

3 hours ago, Harlen Kelly said:

@Knowledge Hoarder Based on your logic, Germany should've left the Nazi Statues for the purpose of ''not rejecting their country's history''.

yea maybe they should have left some

and list next to them some of the atrocities they've done.

after ww2 many nazis actually went on and just became part of the german establishment, or of nasa, cia, kgb etc.

so just destroying those statues and act like nothing happened while people like wernher von braun became a big shot at nasa is silly

germans left part of the wall too

The manufactured controversy about the long overdue removal of Confederate statues isn't all that dissimilar from the manufactured hysteria about Critical Race Theory.

The fact that these statues of Confederate leaders were erected in the 20th century as a deliberate anti-civil rights statement meant to intimidate black people, is besides the point.

The entire political strategy of the Right hinges upon emotionally manipulating low information Voters into a hysteria over issues that have no actual impact on their day to day lives.

Not like the Right in America has anything to offer these people that will make their lives better, so they'll go out of thier way to move the narrative to literally anything other than socioeconomic issues.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@Knowledge Hoarder Yes, pyramids should be destroyed! If they were build by slaves who died. YES. 

Of course, most of the people just don't care. But they certainly know how to advocate for the killers, but not for their victims... 

It's the pathology of humankind, thousands of years old...

Edited by Bojan V

6 minutes ago, Bojan V said:

@Knowledge Hoarder Yes, pyramids should be destroyed! If they were build by slaves who died. YES. 

woww that's totally nuts

have you ever been to the pyramids? they're fancy

I dont think removing statues creates any significant change but we should probably get rid of the worst ones though, I was happy when the statue of King Leopold II was removed in Belgium, but thats only because he really was "evil" and didnt really achieve anything of significant. Columbus atleast took Europe to America which is something positive. We have to go case by case.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

the pyramids of giza, the colosseum in rome, pyramid of cholula >>>>>>>>>>>> sjw's and "wokeness"

Edited by PurpleTree

@Knowledge Hoarder Social justice is the american ideology, and i don't accept any type of american imperialism. Fyi i am neither left-winger nor right-winger, but i understand this is to much for you to comprehend. 

I am insane?! You are not competent psychotherapist or psychiatrist to diagnoze me as insane, just becouse i don't agree with your wrong views.

1 minute ago, Bojan V said:

@Knowledge Hoarder Social justice is the american ideology, and i don't accept any type of american imperialism. Fyi i am neither left-winger nor right-winger, but i understand this is to much for you to comprehend. 

I am insane?! You are not competent psychotherapist or psychiatrist to diagnoze me as insane, just becouse i don't agree with your wrong views.

you just want to destroy stuff, tear statues down, tear glorious pyramids down

better think about creating stuff than destroying

:x

@PurpleTree I am not left-winger or right-winger. Why do you project american sjw ideology on other people?

Edited by Bojan V

Just now, Bojan V said:

@PurpleTree I am not left-wingers or right-winger. Why do you project american sjw ideology on other people?

where did i do that?

i just take your words from this topic about tearing statues and pyramids down

i don't care about murican ideology

@PurpleTree Why don't you take ALL of my words? Killing people is wrong and any statues of killers should be taken down. That's all.

9 minutes ago, Bojan V said:

@PurpleTree Why don't you take ALL of my words? Killing people is wrong and any statues of killers should be taken down. That's all.

every king, queen etc. in history killed people

most "heroes" or "heroines" of history killed people

gandhi was racist and mlk had affairs with lots of women

that doesn't mean it should go on forever or still be like that

imo clearly bush should be in jail as should many other politicians

Edited by PurpleTree

@Knowledge Hoarder As i said before you and people like you are projecting the american Sjw ideology on other people and countries. Your beliefs are not my reality.

Edited by Bojan V

@PurpleTree I don't know why am I surprised. It seems it is so hard for people to say that killing is wrong. You and people like you can have as many statues of killers, racists, kings and queens... I'm not having it.