Iesu

Is Jay Shetty awake?

14 posts in this topic

Flipping through his bio, has a very impressive resume. But something tells me he is not god realized. What do you think? 

I acted like Cary Grant for so long, I became Cary Grant. – Cary Grant

Saw a talk from him a month ago. From the spiral perspective, he is definitely Turquoise..but it doesn’t mean he’s God realized.

Someone would have to ask him directly, which nobody has because no one even knows what God realization is lol. Most don’t at least.

Just now, Terell Kirby said:

Saw a talk from him a month ago. From the spiral perspective, he is definitely Turquoise..but it doesn’t mean he’s God realized.

Someone would have to ask him directly, which nobody has because no one even knows what God realization is lol. Most don’t at least.

shit I’ll just ask him 

I acted like Cary Grant for so long, I became Cary Grant. – Cary Grant

tbh,  I think it's just his personality that makes him seem like that. He really loves people.

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

He radiates a fake energy and most of his quotes are stolen. I feel like he is trying to be motivational just for the sake of being motivational but there is no real substance. No real message. It feels very dumbed down. It's this "you have one life and make the best out of it" type of shallow wisdom

To a fool, he seems wise. Most of his content is still about relationships, emotional mastery, purpose, productivity, success, shallow mainstream type of wisdom etc. Not very existential. He is the perfect example of someone who is >using< meditation in order to be more effective at chasing after material success. Someone like him is not meditating because he is serious about awakening. His priorities are still backwards

I think in his mind he sees himself as being yellow/turquoise but actually he is orange. Surely he has some degree of wisdom but he overestimates it. I don't see much relativistic thinking either. Instead of encouraging people to contemplate "What is success?", he will tell you how to be successful

And to answer your question: no, he is not enlightened

Edited by Jakuchu

He is the media's "guru" and I find him to be a narcissist that reiterates memes and people find it spiritual and enlightening but it's not. 

23 hours ago, Jakuchu said:

He radiates a fake energy and most of his quotes are stolen. I feel like he is trying to be motivational just for the sake of being motivational but there is no real substance. No real message. It's feels very dumbed down. It's this "you have one life and make the best out of it" type of shallow wisdom

To a fool, he seems wise. Most of his content is still about relationships, emotional mastery, purpose, success, shallow mainstream type of wisdom etc. Not very existential 

I agree with this 100%

On 11/17/2021 at 1:46 PM, Jakuchu said:

He radiates a fake energy and most of his quotes are stolen. I feel like he is trying to be motivational just for the sake of being motivational but there is no real substance. No real message. It feels very dumbed down. It's this "you have one life and make the best out of it" type of shallow wisdom

To a fool, he seems wise. Most of his content is still about relationships, emotional mastery, purpose, productivity, success, shallow mainstream type of wisdom etc. Not very existential. He is the perfect example of someone who is >using< meditation in order to be more effective at chasing after material success. Someone like him is not meditating because he is serious about awakening. His priorities are still backwards

I think in his mind he sees himself as being yellow/turquoise but actually he is orange. Surely he has some degree of wisdom but he overestimates it. I don't see much relativistic thinking either. Instead of encouraging people to contemplate "What is success?", he will tell you how to be successful

I'm with @Jakuchu. I question his time as a monk. Additionally, I saw a video with him and his wife and his wife is like, "Jay spends hours in the mirror preparing every morning." There's definitely substantial vanity and ego. I don't think he is even tier two on spiral dynamics, rather than more of a quasi-spiritual poster child for stage orange. He talks way too much about "success", and his anecdotes and videos have an heir of superficiality in their analysis. 

On 11/13/2021 at 3:55 PM, Iesu said:

Flipping through his bio, has a very impressive resume. But something tells me he is not god realized. What do you think? 

Since when does Consciousness need a resume?

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

Who locked this?

He might not be awake but we can discuss him? Like what’s going on?

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art

The thread is 1.5 years old. There is a reason why there is a message discouraging you to revive old threads. I lock old threads that display a significant lack of continuity and are not recurring threads or mega-threads. Some examples of discontinuity are when a large chunk of the posters are inactive members, or the posts contain information about real life events that are outdated. Quoting inactive members or echoing outdated information creates unnecessary clutter and confusion. I can start asking people to start a new thread when I lock it.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Good looking guy. Great communicator. He's nowhere near the level of a Eckhart Tolle like figure but he has a place in the world. He's a good entry point for people in self help.