Someone here

Is the meaning in your life inside or outside?

9 posts in this topic

What matters, or what matters more, the state of your mind and the ideas and opinions within it, or your accomplishments and effects upon the outside world?

When Alexander the Great came to meet Diogenes, he asked him if there was any favor which he could do for him. Diogenes asked Alexander to move out of his sunlight so that he could continue enjoying the warmth. One man had conquered the world, and one had conquered the need to conquer the world. Which did something better for himself or for the world or for mankind? Alexander has a long list of cities that still bear his name. There is no "Diogenopolis" of which I am aware. Virtually everyone you might ask is likely to have heard of Alexander, yet fewer will know of Diogenes. Which, if either of them, appeals to you as a role model?

What about you? Do you seek to impose your will upon the world, to shape it in your own image? Do you wish to acquire or accomplish things before you die? Will your legacy be the material things or titles that you may pass on? Or, do you wish to acquire self-respect or tranquility? Will your legacy be confined mostly to the example of how to live well that you set while you were alive or the wisdom that you might pass on to others, so that they might also live in this way?

Which matters more to you and why? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

i honestly am lost in here tooo...would love to see the replies from the fellow members

in the end, we all are gonna die! so nothing matters right... ?  

maybe both Diogenes and Alexander the great were wrong... who knows. it's all beliefs.....

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

17 minutes ago, happyhappy said:

in the end, we all are gonna die! so nothing matters right... ?  

Yolo 

-Osho

A personal response:

I would like to be remembered, ideally remembered fondly. And I would like to be happy while I'm still here. That's about it. No world-domination schemes from me! ;)

-Osho

1 hour ago, happyhappy said:

how do u kw?

I don't lol. 

-Osho

I want to reach my full potential to the point where I’m unrecognizable, like maxing out your character in a video game. Specifically in these areas: biology, psychology and spirituality. I’m not sure if I want to go the cyborg or mystic route, perhaps a combination?

Anything else, besides for survival purposes, I don’t really care for. Although I got a lot of karma to burn through.

A side goal is to create my own academy to help others do the same.

"It's all in your head"

agreeing with nahm on that - we don’t live in a time where a person can leave a legacy myth like any of both has left. diogenes might be less known but after all his name seems to be written in history books for the centuries, i suppose its almost impossible to reach the same today as its difficult to stand out above general knowledge. a person like alexander today would be known as a person with despotic personality traits, probably. the comparison only works in sense of a mythology of people who managed to handle the problems of their time on a certain developmental stage of their cultures above average. what anyone accomplishes for future generations is them to judge. therefore neither of them really matters for the questions you ask, they are not giving answers for the accomplishment of what questions the now is asking of us.