Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clems

How to meditate for 1hour?

11 posts in this topic

How can someone meditate for 1h without falling asleep at some point. 
I’m asking because I really want to try it someday.

Imagine that there's a really, really important phone call you're expecting, any second, but your phone is in the furthest room in the house. Listen, listen, listen. Pure alertness and pure relaxation aren't at odds with each other, they are both in awareness. Notice that when you breath deeply, it's both relaxing and energizing. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Clems

Meditate early in the morning vs later in the day. Sit up straight. Enjoy it. 

If you still fall asleep, have a look at if you’re getting enough sleep at night, and also at the diet. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, Clems said:

I’m asking because I really want to try it someday.

Instead of trying an hour of meditation someday better to have a glimpse today. Place awareness- on awareness and see what happens. Then expand from there.

0-10 mins >> Focus on breath or mantra 

11-20 mins >> Open Awareness

21-30 mins >> Focus on Emotions, how are you feeling now, how can you feel better, can you open up to loving kindness, gratitude, sympathetic joy, tranquil contentment?

Do this cycle 1 more time in the same sit.

This is what I did for almost 1.5 years to build the capacity to do 1 hour sits.

Why does this work so well? 

1) You’re training multiple skills by cycling through techniques which helps make sure you’re not over/under developing as a newbie.

2) The novelty introduced by cycling through techniques removes a large part of the boredom and has a positively stimulating quality on the mind.

3) There’s less emotional distress about how much time is left when there are bells going off every 10 minutes.

It’ll take around 6 months of consistency to really know whether 1 hour a day is worth it or not. 

The first time I did 1 hour after watching Leo's strong determination sitting video. I pretended that I will be given 1 billion dollars if I sit for 1 hour. I did it like it was real and did not move pretty much at all for the hour even when I felt very uncomfortable and my butt felt like it was on fire. After I did it 1 time then it was easier as I kept trying it even though sometimes I would give up after 30 or 45 min it was a big improvement after doing it the first time an knowing it is possible for me and is not so bad looking back on it.

@Clems you meditate for an hour by meditating for an hour. I was doing 2 hours a day 

I acted like Cary Grant for so long, I became Cary Grant. – Cary Grant

Meditate for 2 min or 5 min at first .after that is easy increse another 2 /5 min.conitinue increasing it until u meditate 1 hour.

To really understand this process read tiny habits by bj fogg

today sixty seconds, increase by sixty seconds a day by jan 13th will be 1 hour