unborn_chicken

To those of you who stopped smoking weed, why did you stop?

106 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

One puff of DMT sends me into a state of super-consciousness more profound than any human teacher or book ever written.

What do you think, would this have happened if you were 20 and smoked dmt for the first time?

Or do the breakthroughs in consciousness with other psychedelics and all the spiritual work and meditation lay the groudwork for this type of insight to occur more easily?

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

@Leo Gura haha you lost your weed virginity lol. Smoke some weed by yourself and go for a walk in the park and contemplate, youll like it

On 8.12.2021 at 4:38 AM, King Merk said:

I used to be a hardcore stoner.

Smoked weed all day every day.

I’d go to class stoned. I’d go to the gym stoned. I go to family get together a stoned. All day, every day high.

I develop an entire ideology around being a stoner and my entire social circle was stoner friends.

I tried to quit many times but failed constantly. I did this for years.

It wasn’t until I moved to a new part of the country and left my social group that I was able to quit smoke.

Ironically, I didn’t even really have to “try” to quit smoking weed. As I developed new habits in a new area my urge to smoke naturally went away.

Weed is legal where I live too so it’s pretty accessible. I smoke 1 time per month at most but I went 8 months without smoking not long ago.

Quitting smoking has improved my life GREATLY.

I eat better foods (less binge eating). I am more ambitious. I breathe better. I also have less social anxiety.

One drawback is I’m angry more often without smoking. The weed put my into a dull/hypnotic state where my agression was diminished.

I used to do a lot of various drugs for recreation but now I just do psychedelics. I don’t even really do caffeine now days.

Psychedelics are by far the best tools for consciousness gainz.

Fuck all the other drugs. 

That's amazing man. I have a very similar story with weed and also feel the relief of quitting the stoner life. Once in a while it's amazing, but spiralling down the stoner path isn't very exhilirating. :)

I just got done spending the past few days combing through as much as I can on salvia trip reports.  I understand all of it, because during my shamanic initiation all of that reality bending stuff, all of it, I get it, I've been there.  I've been trying to explain this place for a long, long, looooong time and I have it now.  And all because I left this forum, it freed up my mind.

Salvia has called me through weed.  But you're not suppose to smoke salvia, just chew it, that's why people get messed up.

Back to weed.  Weed sends me on salvia-like trips, with entities, the wheel of eternity, karma, lady salvia, the shepardess, archetypes, jesters, the whole thing.

I feel like I've just learned that I looked into the Deadlights and that's why I'm nuts.  I went to the hospital for a trip I thought was insanity, but I was just unraveling reality; like an overlay.  This is all some great cosmic show, a circus... how nuts.  That's what's really nuts.  It's just a show.  The fabric of reality.  I felt like I uncovered it and shouldn't have and the 'other world' these beings came from were not happy about it, like I uncovered reality too much... and... talked about how to uncover reality too much, and fortunately no one really noticed what I was saying anyways.

This place paradigm locks people for sure.

And weed is the bomb, you can gain so much from smoking it and contemplating.  It's not a club drug.  You want sativa w/ dabs.  High concentrate on both, and bust through reality.  Weed makes me so lucid that I remember I'm in a show, and there's an audience, but it's not here - archetypes/elves/jesters/archons/demons are playing with humanity like we are just little toys.  Little balloons, so easily popable.  The jester is a prominent archetype nearly everywhere.  Black holes.  Spaghettification.  Salvia gravity... I get it.  How reality, how time is like a bunch of photos being taken really, really fast and you can feel that?

Lady Salvia is Kali, the angry mother archetype.  Makes no sense, unless you've done Salvia, but somehow I just know all about this realm.  I know how dark it can get, too.  How angry... there are realms of pure hate; just like love that you can visit.  I'll never look at factories the same way again.  There is a veil of absolute insano-reality imagination-land right under this world, like it's there all the time.  

Weed works.

901716fc5118a0a56f9d3b1a86425cb6--lisa-f

^This picture is like what those entities are and the balloon is how they view human life, popable, shapeable, into whatever, or like the scene from Rick and Morty when they play Roy's life.. 
They do look like of like lifeless toys.

Or like this, but in feeling.

Weed is great, you can get trips like this on weed...

https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=93317

I no longer fear death!

Edited by Loba

I will some daily for extended periods of time, up to a year, then take breaks for months and as little as week-long breaks. It's not so much a system for me but it's just how I naturally go about it. I will say it is quite hard to just stop after you've been smoking for a while everyday. The way I stop is just one day at a time, and get busy, fill up your day and be productive-- don't give yourself the time to load up that bowl and get high. This is the most helpful and it feels great to be busy with your goals and progressing on maybe what you've been slacking on. 

Also, maybe this can help you. Get some organic sage or better grow it yourself and dry it out, and you can smoke it along with cannabis to ween off of cannabis slowly, sage for me goes super well with cannabis and at times I will just smoke sage on its own. There are plenty of smokable herbs that are safe but you want to make sure your herbs are sourced from good places and its best to grow them yourself. 

Edited by Ohsee

I've reduced to smoking weed only once a month or even less and this is the sweet spot for me. weed raises my thoughts but they get interrupted and when I'm on the wave of some deep idea or insightful questioning, i usually don't get far as it gets interrupted and i forget what i've been thinking just a second ago. basically, it's no good for contemplation and although i get some insights when smoking, it's not useful for serious spiritual work.  it's only nice to chill and relax with a good company on occasion. and definitely, not for a daily or any type of frequent use.

a lot of young people smoke and get hooked on it, it'll become a problem in the future for a lot of people, i think. especially when it comes to street weed which is sprayed and highly highly addictive. it messes with people's minds and can become a real issue.

perhaps, it would be good to really question why do you smoke weed at all; maybe you're just diluting yourself thinking it gives you any benefits at all and it's just another way to hide from what is.

softly into the Abyss...