unborn_chicken

To those of you who stopped smoking weed, why did you stop?

106 posts in this topic

On 16-11-2021 at 5:25 AM, Leo Gura said:

DMT lasts 10 mins and it can also be done as casually as weed. You don't have to do breakthrough doses of it.

I wish that was true for me. DMT fucks up my circadian rhythm while cannabis doesn't do that.

In Tate we trust

@Loba Try Syrian rue if you wanna have a good sleep, wake up refreshed, and have wild dreams at the same time.

@PurpleTree Sure thing, I'm fascinated by dreams and love hearing the stories people have to tell when they wake up.

@LSD-Rumi I've heard of that, does it interact with other meds?  I'll have to ask my doc about it.

@Loba Yeah it is a reversible MOAI inhibitor, should not take it with SSRIs until you ask your doctor. 

@LSD-Rumi Okay, yeah I am on an ssri.   In the future if I go off I will try them for sure.  I've been having some really detailed dreams that I can't seem to remember most of when I wake up, but I have a lot of insights and awakenings in the dream and I'd love to bring one back one of these days.  I feel like I am living a double life, because the dreams all have the same theme each night.

What sort of interesting dreams have you had on syrian rue?

@Loba I don't focus that much on remembering dreams but It does make dreams more engaging/vivid. What's your experience with SSRIs like. I was on SSRIs a couple of weeks ago. I stopped them and start taking rue. It is working very well for me. With Syrian rue, you have two effects the immediate and latent effect. The immediate effect is an instant elevation of mood and effects like a microdose of acid. You can use this period of increased consciousness to better deal with your shit. and then you have the latent effect which is the elevation of mood for a couple of days.

8 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Loba I don't focus that much on remembering dreams but It does make dreams more engaging/vivid. What's your experience with SSRIs like. I was on SSRIs a couple of weeks ago. I stopped them and start taking rue. It is working very well for me. With Syrian rue, you have two effects the immediate and latent effect. The immediate effect is an instant elevation of mood and effects like a microdose of acid. You can use this period of increased consciousness to better deal with your shit. and then you have the latent effect which is the elevation of mood for a couple of days.

My experience with ssris have been good side from some weight gain, but I plan to bring my exercise equipment to my new home over this December and tackle that.  I have noticed benefit, less delusions, more stable personality overall.

I have to stay on them because off of them I seem to become catatonic due to an imbalance of some sort, like I can't focus and I just feel stuck in my body.

Interesting, what were you using ssris for?  I take them for bipolar 1, so it is a bit more severe in terms of moodswings and delusions when on, but has more benefit than people with depression or bipolar 2, which I guess they get more of the depressed cycles, mine tend to be more either manic or catatonia rather than depression and mania like most.

I use weed like syrian rue then, to get that bit of elevated mood and strong concentration and I use those 4-5 hours to learn new material.  That's so cool that there are all these things out there that can help people and that there is something out there that allows people to have amazing dreams. 

@Loba I suffer from OCD/social anxiety/depression. I am trying to clean my head from all the bullshit that got into it and SRRIs failed to do that for me. My experience with them is very meh, but if it is working for you stay on them.

@Loba It also gives a nice buzz, it feels warm but causes some dizziness and sleepiness. And it makes you horny too ?

Edited by LSD-Rumi

19 hours ago, Loba said:

@PurpleTree Sure thing, I'm fascinated by dreams and love hearing the stories people have to tell when they wake up.

alright so the two nightmares i've had two or three days ago

i think it was full moon, which influences my sleep sometimes

and i was also in the sauna that day, which makes me sleep worse sometimes

So in the first one there was a guy that i know/knew, very tough guy i went to school with his brother and i had a fight with this guy once, the guy did a lot of dirt and stabbed someone in a fight, needless to say i don't like this guy and think he's scary

So in the dream he just attacked me from the front, i couldn't defend myself, it was night and he just slashed my face multiple times with a carpet knife. The cuts felt extremely real and went really deep. So when i woke up my pulse and adrenaline were very high. Then i thought is this dream trying to tell me something. But i didn't know anything smarter to do then just stay with the fear and try to feel it and let it go.

So in the second dream i was on a meadow laying on a picnic cloth there was one other person on the picnic cloth, don't remember who. It was a sunny day. So i saw a tick on the cloth walking. And i'm scared of ticks because of lymes disease etc. So i tried to make sure that the tick doesn't get on me. But then i lost him and didn't see him. Then i had the fear that the tick is on my back doing his tick stuff and i can't take him off and i woke up still thinking it might be on my back and was scared.    

The funny thing about the second dream is that i think that it was one of those small cute red bugs with the black dots (don't know the name in english) but it totally represented a tick in the dream. Weird how things can represent other things in dreams or how we be so sure about things in dreams and when we wake up they don't make sense

Edited by PurpleTree

Along with alcohol, weed can be abused as a way to suppress psychological trauma. Sometimes smoking weed makes one more aware of suppressed aspects of themselves and it can be intense, leading to the person smoking even more and just starting numb themselves with  chronic use, or in my case, I turned to meditation and yoga. 

I smoked weed throughout my teenage years, and I quit smoking it when I was 21 right at the time I stumbled upon Actualized.org, meditation and yoga. 

I will occasionally light one up if the spirit moves me and I with the right people and the right setting and I feel like the conversation and experience will be enhanced by it, but for the most part, I'm sober nowadays. 

Yoga, meditation and self actualization got me to go into those suppressed aspects of myself. It's been a long journey, but now I feel high all the time just sober, and I haven't had a toke of a joint in 3 years.

On 19.11.2021 at 8:19 PM, StarStruck said:

DMT fucks up my circadian rhythm while cannabis doesn't do that.

What kind of carpet dust are you smoking? Cannabis nukes your circadian rhythm, albeit over extended long-term use.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

DMT only lasts 15 mins. I can smoke DMT before bed and sleep fine.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I used to be a hardcore stoner.

Smoked weed all day every day.

I’d go to class stoned. I’d go to the gym stoned. I go to family get together a stoned. All day, every day high.

I develop an entire ideology around being a stoner and my entire social circle was stoner friends.

I tried to quit many times but failed constantly. I did this for years.

It wasn’t until I moved to a new part of the country and left my social group that I was able to quit smoke.

Ironically, I didn’t even really have to “try” to quit smoking weed. As I developed new habits in a new area my urge to smoke naturally went away.

Weed is legal where I live too so it’s pretty accessible. I smoke 1 time per month at most but I went 8 months without smoking not long ago.

Quitting smoking has improved my life GREATLY.

I eat better foods (less binge eating). I am more ambitious. I breathe better. I also have less social anxiety.

One drawback is I’m angry more often without smoking. The weed put my into a dull/hypnotic state where my agression was diminished.

I used to do a lot of various drugs for recreation but now I just do psychedelics. I don’t even really do caffeine now days.

Psychedelics are by far the best tools for consciousness gainz.

Fuck all the other drugs. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

I deleted most of my post cos I praised it too much, tbh, fuck weed It messed up my life a lot & I came back to it this summer through social influence & I lost a ton of money & women & oppurtunities because of it. 

I will still smoke sometimes on a 1 off, but no more than once a month, never regularly again.

My brain works bad enough when I live healthily so I can't afford to smoke weed. 

Still, weed should be legal everywhere & for many people it helps them a lot, it sure has it's benefits & it's place I still account some beautiful experiences to weed. 

but you gotta be very honest about if it harms you & not delude yourself 

Edited by Striving for more

Smoked some weed tonight at the club. Did nothing for me.

DMT makes weed feel like smoking astroturf.

One puff of DMT sends me into a state of super-consciousness more profound than any human teacher or book ever written.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Smoked some weed tonight at the club.

It definitely did SOMETHING.

Nothing like DMT though.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Smoked some weed tonight at the club. Did nothing for me.

DMT makes weed feel like smoking astroturf.

One puff of DMT sends me into a state of super-consciousness more profound than any human teacher or book ever written.

Just smelling weed sends me into an existential crisis lol. I guess I got some work to do.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I have never smoked DMT (except for Bufo), but I have done Yopo once, which is a Peruvian snuff containinng DMT that they blow up your nose.   The shaman calls it the “abuelo” (the grandfather), in contrast to ayahuasca which is the grandmother.    I remember it lasting for about 45 minutes.

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.