unborn_chicken

To those of you who stopped smoking weed, why did you stop?

106 posts in this topic

I found myself to be much more grounded and happy without it. For me life seems like much more of a haze if I smoking even once a month. I get a lot of states that feel much better naturally now too. I would also prefer to trip instead, but even with that I haven't in a year. I haven't smoked weed in about two years. Probably starting to get closer to three.

Edited by Average Investor

@Leo Gura I really think there is a well of insight waiting for you there, You would extract alot out of the experience with that alien crown chakra of yours

3 hours ago, decentralized said:

@Leo Gura why would you even compare cannabis with DMT? Cannabis is a soft drug for casual use while DMT is for strong, profound experiences. Cannabis can enhance your creativity and make you recall and contemplate on your past trips without paralyzing you for a day like you're doing a hard drug like LSD, which lasts for 12ish hours. You should definitely try it and see how it works for you once you let go of your prejudices. I know in USA it's very common for "loser" people to abuse it, but it's really a beautiful mild psychedelic and has a crazy potential to enhance your life if you know how to use it. 

DMT lasts 10 mins and it can also be done as casually as weed. You don't have to do breakthrough doses of it.

2 hours ago, Yeah Yeah said:

@Leo Gura Anyways, I want DMT, and clearly you recommend this ... so I'm willing to go on an adventure with your permission, oh dearest ghuru Leo ;) ... *massages your foot and between your holy toes, with your selection from finest oils available* ... I have tried it before without the breakthrough and my God was that extemely beautiful and alien and highly exotic and absolutely magnificent ...

Should I conctact someone I once knew for the drug? An old enemy of mine, but he's in a mental ward with injections because of his heavy drug usage an imbalance with our agreed upon social world, so this may spook me a bit because I'd lose it if I joined him in the mental ward ...

I crave an adventure with the gods, 

I don't give sourcing advice and you don't sound mature enough to be taking DMT.

16 minutes ago, Egodeathrow said:

@Leo Gura I really think there is a well of insight waiting for you there, You would extract alot out of the experience with that alien crown chakra of yours

I got far better chemicals to test out.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Basically the more I meditated, the less effective cannabis became. I get maybe an hour of heightened creativity followed by a lower vibrational state of mind fog/dullness and a couple of days of recovery for meditation to get back to where it was prior to smoking. Essentially, life's natural high eventually became higher than cannabis's and I can reach profoundly more altered, rewarding states with meditation than weed. This, however, took a massive amount of meditation and abstinence. 

Weed opened my mind so much till it started to close it up. I really loved it the first times but then it had no meaningful impact no more. After that, i started to try out psychedelics, but really what i needed to do is experience more of sober day to day life, developing full comitment with it. I was in a sense expecting that substances solve something while doing nothing, and mad because things weren't unfolding as i wanted.

I am pretty sensitive to it, i remember sometimes having intense visuals with the eyes closed (beautiful images changing every second) and i conected a lot of dots with my life. Also i think the fact that i was pretty young played a big role in the kind of experiences i had with it. But after to much usage of it it turns into a numbing instrument.

Edited by Human Mint

Cannabis is NOT an "instrument", objectively.  It's the same for exeryone on a molecular basis, so maybe dame Nature has punished your shortsight over such confusion between THC + "entourage effects" vs the consumption method & ritual(s), which in turn shape the user's consumption profile.  A cigarette/"joint" format systematically promotes dosing abuse, perhaps it's time to recognize that mistake and act on that instead of distributing blame so globally...

Smoking too much weed can destroy your lungs, among other effects.

I've tried transitioning to edibles or other forms of pure THC that doesn't require ingestion through smoking.

I was addicted and have smoked daily for a few years, up until a year or two ago. Then i started having month long breaks from it, but would end up smoking again, maybe just once, or 2-3 days in a row, followed by another month or couple weeks of no smoking.

It was really tough breaking the addiction. I even was born with sensitive lungs and i always ended up smoking until i simply could not do it physically anymore. Leo's video on wisdom was a major help to make me see how dull my mind was from all the years of smoking.

The thing that kept me coming back was weed works really well with me. I've had several awakenings on weed. But only if i do it rarely, though. As soon as i did it two days in a row, it would feel like i was a drunk. Incongruent and unwise. 

Plus, here in my country weed is pretty much the best you can get most of the time. Very rarely i get hold of some acid. Although i did some more research and i can order 5meo MALT here, so that's pretty awesome, i'm having pre-trip jitters already xD 

Anyway, the smoking part is by far the worst. And i had to stop that IMMEDIATELY. And the solution i came up with was - TEA!!! I couldn't believe i didn't think of that sooner. I decarboxylate it for 40 minutes at 110 degrees CELSIUS and then i let it simmer in water with a tablespoon of butter for another 40 minutes and now i can use weed without smoking. And i haven't smoked it for months and months and i won't EVER get into the habit again.

One last thing: making tea/edibles is WAY different. It's WAY better and lasts WAY longer. It's almost like a lower dose acid trip. For me it comes up at about the 1-2 hour mark, and it keeps building up for another 2-3 hours, the peek lasts a bit and then it slowly comes down for another few hours. So i treat it exactly like i would a psychedelic. Weed is completely changed for me, and i agree with Leo. When i'll have access to better substances i'll probably use it very rarely, if ever. And NOT recreationally. Hope this helps :P  

2 hours ago, Bogdan said:

Anyway, the smoking part is by far the worst. And i had to stop that IMMEDIATELY. And the solution i came up with was - TEA!!! I couldn't believe i didn't think of that sooner.

I assume you reside in a state where THC is legal recreationally? 

THC infused tea sounds delicious. 

15 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

I assume you reside in a state where THC is legal recreationally? 

Not exactly :P 

On 11/15/2021 at 4:29 PM, Leo Gura said:

I am down for trying pure, refined THC drops. But this is mostly just to say I tried it. It's not gonna beat DMT.

The one thing that is worth mentioning about weed is that different methods of ingestion and different strains and individual variance is huge. so trying it once won't necessarily give you good results regardless. it takes substantial experimentation to find which methods actually get good results for you. Bad weed highs are pretty unpleasant.

But either way, insisting Leo tries weed is like insisting someone with a motorcycle gives riding a bicycle a try. He's pretty far beyond needing it.

because it fucked my sleep, but i do want to go back, you can get great insights , ofcourse they are pretty weak and more for day to day life than some metaphisical understanding

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

I stopped smoking weed because it's expensive and made me stupid and lazy. 

in hindsight weed is probably the most boring drug/substance ever known to humanity

it made me sleep like a baby though but no dreams

@PurpleTree A lot of people say this, but I have found that I get a lot of really complex, almost spiritually initiatory-like dreams - hard to remember the next day.  They say weed messes with your sleep cycle, but I have found it helps me sleep a whole ten hours straight through, plus I must be getting the full amount because I'm dreaming every night.

Are you trying a lot of new things, doing new things?  Sometimes you cans top dreaming if your days are the same because there is nothing new for the brain to categorize.

I've never found it boring, I am connected to God more easily when I smoke; am more creative, loving, all the good qualities you would want but without it being "too much" like some other substances can be.

@Leo Gura  You should def. give the pure THC a try and then contemplate on it.  It is mild, but certainly a great tool when used right for opening your mind.  I like to use weed when reading, listening to material that I want to incorporate into the heart, and when studying.  Try sativa, it will work better than indica.

1 hour ago, Loba said:

@PurpleTree A lot of people say this, but I have found that I get a lot of really complex, almost spiritually initiatory-like dreams - hard to remember the next day.  They say weed messes with your sleep cycle, but I have found it helps me sleep a whole ten hours straight through, plus I must be getting the full amount because I'm dreaming every night.

Are you trying a lot of new things, doing new things?  Sometimes you cans top dreaming if your days are the same because there is nothing new for the brain to categorize.

I've never found it boring, I am connected to God more easily when I smoke; am more creative, loving, all the good qualities you would want but without it being "too much" like some other substances can be.

I'm a crazy dreamer. So much so that my first memory of my life is a dream when i was about 2-3

multiple dreams a night, also often nightmares.

also had a period with lots of sleep paralysis and other weird stuff when dreaming/at night

i remember 2 nightmares from 2 days ago, pretty vividly

when i was doing the pot i almost never dreamt

but my sleep was perfect now i often can't sleep or wake up too early

Edited by PurpleTree

5 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

I'm a crazy dreamer. So much so that my first memory of my life is a dream when i was about 2-3

multiple dreams a night, also often nightmares.

also had a period with lots of sleep paralysis and other weird stuff when dreaming/at night

i remember 2 nightmares from 2 days ago, pretty vividly

when i was doing the pot i almost never dreamt

but my sleep was perfect now i often can't sleep or wake up too early

Do you remember what the dream(s) was about?

I wonder why that is, a lot of people have mentioned this, that they lose their dreams.  Sorry to hear you are having a hard time sleeping.  That's the worst.

3 minutes ago, Loba said:

Do you remember what the dream(s) was about?

I wonder why that is, a lot of people have mentioned this, that they lose their dreams.  Sorry to hear you are having a hard time sleeping.  That's the worst.

that's fine no worries, i've had that since childhood before and after the weed.

yup i remember i'll tell ya later gotta go to work nows.