Someone here

Your reason doesn't define reality. Reality defines your reason

7 posts in this topic

Have you noticed this yet?

While dreaming, that dream feels legit reasonable. Flying, talking unicorns, sky shattering, monsters chasing, space/time shifts etc All of it feels real and reasonable. No one ever says "Why aren't things conforming to Newtonian Laws??? I REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE IN IT"

It all feels whacky and unreasonable the moment when we contrast it with our waking state reasoning and interpretations.

So from where does all our vanity come? Do we really 'do' anything? Or are we just fishes in the sea, swimming (more like getting swum) along the torrents but deluding ourselves with the idea that we are producing and maintaining the hydrodynamics of the sea?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

State of Consciousness = Context

Context = God's imagination/Infinity 

There is no Reason without context

Because Reason = Context 

God = Infinity 

Thus, everything makes sense if God dreams it up = You experience it directly. The relative is not separate from the Absolute

Edited by Anahata

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

Reason/Logic is a strange thing indeed. It serve as our barrier against insanity, yet it’s so fragile and completely arbitrary.

I mean what is logic anyways? Why is it logical that a spoon falls to the ground when dropped? Why is it illogical to expect my floor to turn into lava?

I guess we have to set some arbitrary boundaries, because if one illogical thing goes, anything goes, and we’d quickly lose our minds. Hence why rationalists despise paradoxes.

Does all it means to be sane is to have some completely arbitrary expectations? In that case there’s really nothing sane about being sane.

"It's all in your head"

11 hours ago, Anahata said:

State of Consciousness = Context

Context = God's imagination/Infinity 

There is no Reason without context

Because Reason = Context 

God = Infinity 

Thus, everything makes sense if God dreams it up = You experience it directly. The relative is not separate from the Absolute

Agreed. 

-Osho

11 hours ago, Inception said:

Reason/Logic is a strange thing indeed. It serve as our barrier against insanity, yet it’s so fragile and completely arbitrary.

I mean what is logic anyways? Why is it logical that a spoon falls to the ground when dropped? Why is it illogical to expect my floor to turn into lava?

I guess we have to set some arbitrary boundaries, because if one illogical thing goes, anything goes, and we’d quickly lose our minds. Hence why rationalists despise paradoxes.

Does all it means to be sane is to have some completely arbitrary expectations? In that case there’s really nothing sane about being sane.

Being sane is a limitation we overlay on top of reality. 

-Osho

That's a fantastic observation. It's true! While within the dream, all the crazy shit that happens seems perfectly fine, we never question it until we break out into the substrate of that dream, which is the reality that we are trapped in right now. So by extrapolation, we can say that our rationalizations in this current reality mean jack shit, although it appears as if it might have meaning. Good catch there @Someone here. Thanks!

Release me.