Aware

Ball Earth Vs Flat Earth.

109 posts in this topic

@Aware I'm quite sorry to say this but every argument in favour of flat Earth is simply a result of poor foundations in physics.

If our planet were flat, everyone should be able to see the same stars. And yet, those who live on the north hemisphere say that they cannot see Sigma Octantis. Also, those who live in the south hemisphere are unable to see Polaris. In fact, it happens because such stars are (extremely closely) aligned with Earth's axis of rotation: Polaris on top of the North Pole and Sigma Octantis on top of the South Pole. I proposed this experiment on a popular/crowded flat Earth forum and I was silently ignored.

Science is a collective movement. Nobody is trying to fool you except for those who want to dictate how you should live by telling you what you should consume and how you should look. Aside from that, astrophysicists and all other sorts of scientists are just trying to understand how the Universe works, pretty much like you.

unborn Truth

If the Earth is flat, how can the sun be visible here in Northern Europe at the same time that it's not visible in Australia? If it was flat, it would be visible on the whole surface at the same time, just in a different angle

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

Its also worth asking that most if not all planets represent some kind of spherical shape, why would Earth be the oddball?

The only thing that separates us from the other planets really is distance from the sun, and the atmosphere we have that were right for life.

If you really want to follow science to debunk this, you can find explanations to debunk every flat earth point.

A lot of the criticisms on pictures of Earth are either green screen baseless assertions or the lack of understanding that we take multiple pictures of Earth and stitch them together to produce a higher quality photo.

I also question why ancient civilizations who were smart enough to make very fascinating marvels and know deep spirituality, didn't conclude a flat Earth but instead used math and concluded a spherical Earth.

Edited by Shadowraix

@Apparition of Jack You realize we're posting in a forum on Actualized.org - right? Questioning all assumptions is important here. Especially popular 'truth' that the mass of humanity takes for granted and dogmatic modern science teaches as a given. Evidence that contradicts the heliocentric model would not need to be censored if the current scientism model could actually provide the mountains of empirical proof most people  believe it can (which it can't). I find this fact interesting and worth investigating as it relates to how we perceive reality - and work to become self actualized.

3 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

The only thing that separates us from the other planets really is distance from the sun, and the atmosphere we have that were right for life.

Yeah. That and the pesky fact all experience is “happening here”. In all universes, galaxies, etc, etc, so far reported experience on earth 100%, the rest of the entire infinite universe other than earth, 0%. Just worth considering the odds of this. Lol. So far objectively speaking, 0% odds. Or 100%, depends. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Well I was mainly referring to this solar system. I have no knowledge of much beyond ?

The earth is not flat, nor is it a sphere. It's a actually a cylinder

Edited by Proactive

I've changed my account password to something I don't remember. 

I do not support actualized.org anymore

goodluck

@sirweddings Don't get caught in the trap of assuming that because you've started to question the assumptions of knowledge, you've somehow cracked the unknown secrets of the universe that have been oppressed for centuries. It is good that you don't blindly accept everything you're presented with, but there's also the huge danger of going too far in the opposite direction and assuming any mainstream information must be false simply due to the fact it's mainstream.

You're not aiming to find so that you can stick it to the man, you're aiming to find the truth because it's the truth, no matter how it's presented to you (which includes both mainstream and alternative narratives). In this case, the most obvious answer is that the earth is a sphere. Now, that's not to say mainstream science can't be wrong about other things - like how it denies that fluoride has a destructive effect on the human mind - but to then use examples like this as an excuse to dismiss all science in any form would be foolish. You need to keep a critical mind even about keeping a critical mind, that's how powerful assumptions can be!

If you want more information on this, Leo has dozens of videos that dive into the nature of knowledge, evidence, cultural ideas, and so on.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon