liamnewsom202

Making friends

5 posts in this topic

I want practical solutions to meeting new people and developing more of a social circle. I feel like I have no real people to just get out and do things with, I feel socially isolated. I have an amazing community I'm apart of but it's online. It would be great to meet some poeple with somewhat similar interests.

Feel stuck in a victim mindset of feeling hopeless about not really knowing too many people and I don't commit to any clear ways of getting out and making it happen. I have some connections in the band I'm in aswell as know some people from my highschool.

I have spent much of my last few years alone and stuck inside. Spent alot of time with myself and I've only been begining to get back out again in the last few months. I'm at the point now where I atleast just feel comfterable to be out and around people and show more of my authentic self.

10 hours ago, liamnewsom202 said:

I have some connections in the band I'm in aswell as know some people from my highschool

Do you enjoy spending time with these people? Nurture these connections if you want.

To meet new people, joining groups and going on dates are a couple options. 

"You Create Magic" 

Learn the art of making connections with strangers that you cold approach in public. Learn how to cultivate a positive internal energy that attracts people into your reality. It's hard work, but definitely worth it. Imagine you could go anywhere, literally anywhere and instantly create a social circle in that place. You'll never be bored socially. The world becomes your playground and you naturally draw people in. Cold approaching strangers is a very good practice not only for becoming more socially magnetic, but also for internal growth. It's the best practice for raising your self esteem and releasing negative emotions. 

Go cold approach daily for 1-2 hours. start with quick low tension questions and gradually increase the tension until you become grounded, loose, playful and open. You have to do this consistently for a long time for it to become natural and permanent. Your nevous system needs to re-wire.

If all of this doesn't come naturally, you have to make it a consistent practice. It's worth it. Stop playing small in life. 

The nice thing is that you'll arrive up to a point where you don't have to cold approach anymore as a practice. You'll naturally make connections everywhere you go. You don't have to put conscious effort into it anymore. You just go about your day, and you'll meet people naturally. But as I said, it requires serious work to reach that point. We're all naturally magnetically attractive, only negative conditioning brings us emotional blockages that limits our authentic self-expression. You have to break down these walls and then your authentic self comes out again.

Edited by JonasVE12