BenG

Questions for awakened people. Help me to understand.

72 posts in this topic

On 11.11.2021 at 8:19 PM, BenG said:

1)     The very moment you became aware that God is real, (not a belief or a story), but real/actual, what exactly was your reaction? What were you feeling in that moment? What emotion best fits this realization?

Shock. My heart stopped beating for a second, goosepumps over my whole body. I had "God realizations" before that shock-moment, but they were not as clear nor as deep as this one. There are degrees to which you become conscious. I read some answers above of people saying that it was a "warm feeling" or "ordinary"... Those people might have realized some things but it goes way deeper. God is so huge, so powerful and so majestic that you won't have feelings of warmth or ordinarity the moment you really grasp him (or her).

2)     What were your biggest misconceptions about awakening? What beliefs were shattered by the awakening? Explain one way in which it was different to how you imagined.

Every belief is a misconception. Awakening is the realization that there is an everpresent force that is the source of beliefs. Beliefs could never touch it. Awakening cannot be put in words nor explained.

3)     What absolutely shocked you, surprised you, and blew your mind? What was the most mind-blowing thing about your awakening?

What shocked me most was when I realized that God is all powerful. You are currently reading these words but you don't understand the magnitude of that. God is fucking ALL POWERFUL, DO YOU GET THAT? HE CAN LITERALLY MATERIALIZE AN ENTIRE FUCKING UNIVERSE OUT OF THIN AIR IN AN INSTANT. You still don't get it by the way. And his all powerful-ness means that YOU are all powerful since there is no separation between you and it. This is really scary. You'll have the power to resolve the entire universe and with it kill all human beings and all living beings in this universe. (One example of what you could do, you could do anything)

4)     Did you feel anything in your body? Any intense physical sensations?

Every cell in my body got goosebumps because of the shock. At least that's how it felt^^

5)     How exactly did you know for sure that what you were experiencing was an awakening? Did you have any doubts?

Of course no doubts. Awakening is the realization that there is something beyond words, beyond thoughts, beyond questions and beyond doubts. God is the creator of doubt. So God is higher than doubt. Makes absolutely no sense to doubt the source of doubt.

6)     What emotions did you have post-awakening in the days and weeks after? Were there intense moon swings? Can you describe the highs and lows?

Felt at peace, felt silent happiness because I know that everything will be good and that I am the immortal creator of everything. Felt sadness sometimes because in this lifetime I won't find many humans who will share my level of understanding which means that I will stay silent about it and life like an ordinary person. If you really care for truth you will have to walk the path all alone. No one will come with you.

7)     Did you have any difficulty with ordinary tasks in the following days?

Nope.

8)     Did you experience sleeplessness or realize you didn’t need much sleep?

No changes in my sleep.

9)     Did anything strange happen in the following days? Like did you start crying over the beauty and perfection of a random household object?

Nothing strange, just was more selfless which allowed me to see more beauty and feel my emotions deeper. Cried sometimes over the beauty of "mondain" things which is nothing "strange" since they really are that beautiful. You just don't see it because you are full of illusions.

10)  Did you get a sudden urge to give up all your possessions and go hitchhiking? Or maybe something else on a similar level of crazy?

Nothing like that. God realization is also the realization that your everyday state of consciousness and the things you do on a day to day basis are perfectly fine.

11)  Can you try to encapsulate the awakening with a single phrase? What would that phrase be?

I am the divine source from which everything originates.

12)  Can you give a real-life analogy to awakening? Like try to explain the feeling using some scenario we can all relate to.

It's like realizing that your whole life you have been in a dream. You wake up from that dream.

Edited by Gregory1

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

31 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

@Carl-Richard Have you done psychedelics?

LSD, MDMA, Cannabis. The awakening I'm describing happened when I was sober.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

LSD, MDMA, Cannabis. The awakening I'm describing happened when I was sober.

Great work man. For sober experience this is amazing. The deepest I got sober was timelessness and no self. Felt like phsyically dying I was so fucking scared. Just wanted it to end as quickly as possible^^

Edited by Gregory1

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

@Carl-Richard @Gregory1

Thank you both! I really appreciate your responses.

Here's a question for both of you. When your mind shifts from a "thinking perspective" into a "being perspective" do you get a sense of obviousness? Like a feeling of "how is it possible that I missed this?"

Of course you can't really think about what "being perspective" is because it's outside thaught, but when you see it, there's a sense that I must be deluded as hell to not see this all the time. It's just too glaringly obvious to miss. 

Do you guys relate to what I'm saying?

11 hours ago, Gregory1 said:

Of course no doubts. Awakening is the realization that there is something beyond words, beyond thoughts, beyond questions and beyond doubts. God is the creator of doubt. So God is higher than doubt. Makes absolutely no sense to doubt the source of doubt.

@Gregory1 this is my favorite answer to that question so far

2 hours ago, BenG said:

@Carl-Richard @Gregory1

Thank you both! I really appreciate your responses.

Here's a question for both of you. When your mind shifts from a "thinking perspective" into a "being perspective" do you get a sense of obviousness? Like a feeling of "how is it possible that I missed this?"

Of course you can't really think about what "being perspective" is because it's outside thaught, but when you see it, there's a sense that I must be deluded as hell to not see this all the time. It's just too glaringly obvious to miss. 

Do you guys relate to what I'm saying?

You described it perfectly. For me it feels exactly like you described.

@Gregory1 this is my favorite answer to that question so far 

Happy to hear that:)

You are Love.

On 11/11/2021 at 2:19 PM, BenG said:

1)     The very moment you became aware that God is real, (not a belief or a story), but real/actual, what exactly was your reaction? What were you feeling in that moment? What emotion best fits this realization?

Became aware / remembered God isn’t real. Made perfect sense why folks talk about a God.  

2)     What were your biggest misconceptions about awakening? What beliefs were shattered by the awakening? Explain one way in which it was different to how you imagined.

Hadn’t thought about it really / had already inspected beliefs. 

3)     What absolutely shocked you, surprised you, and blew your mind? What was the most mind-blowing thing about your awakening?

https://youtu.be/1TxOmW3Iz_c

4)     Did you feel anything in your body? Any intense physical sensations?

Ineffable love, no body / nobody. 

5)     How exactly did you know for sure that what you were experiencing was an awakening? Did you have any doubts?

‘Experience’ & ‘doubt’ dispelled.  

6)     What emotions did you have post-awakening in the days and weeks after? Were there intense moon swings? Can you describe the highs and lows?

‘Emotions’ dispelled. 

7)     Did you have any difficulty with ordinary tasks in the following days?

Very literally stared at a “wall” for 3 or 4 days. But no difficulties experienced. ‘Ordinary tasks’ are impossible miracles really. Much more enjoyable. 

8)     Did you experience sleeplessness or realize you didn’t need much sleep?

It was obvious there was no sleep. In the conventional communicative sense, went from sleeping 7-8 hrs a night to really anything. Some nights I don’t go to bed, some nights 4-5 hrs, some nights (rare, maybe once a month) 7-8 hrs. 

9)     Did anything strange happen in the following days? Like did you start crying over the beauty and perfection of a random household object?

Ever since. Mostly in awe of people. Impossibly beautiful perfection. 

10)  Did you get a sudden urge to give up all your possessions and go hitchhiking? Or maybe something else on a similar level of crazy?

‘Possessions’ completely dispelled. Had always given ‘stuff’ away. Started two new businesses. Travel more & spend more time in nature. 

11)  Can you try to encapsulate the awakening with a single phrase? What would that phrase be?

WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK. 

12)  Can you give a real-life analogy to awakening? Like try to explain the feeling using some scenario we can all relate to.

Love.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

57 minutes ago, Nahm said:

‘Ordinary tasks’ are impossible miracles really. Much more enjoyable.

^^^ Absolute pure luck xD

On 11/11/2021 at 7:19 PM, BenG said:

What absolutely shocked you, surprised you, and blew your mind? What was the most mind-blowing thing about your awakening?

Just to be clear I’m not what you would call awakened, but had some very intense awakenings. In the moment all aspects of awakenings are shocking, surprising and mind blowing. But looking back on my own experiences I’d have to say the most shocking mind blowing aspect was realising and encountering directly eternity. That was so freakish and mind blowing no words or explanation can even come remotely close to describing that. So unbelievably direct, and that you are eternal is crazy. Eternity is so strange, it’s scary, amazing and beautiful at the same time. People want these awakenings but be sure your as ready and prepared as you can possibly be, that would be my advice, which you can’t actually prepare adequately really but you know what I mean. It’s so fucking monumental. I’m not quite sure how I would be if I had remained conscious of eternity after my trip. I’m just not sure I could function being conscious of it full time. There’s a good reason why these things remain under the radar. But an ever better reason to realise and have them revealed. Very paradoxical. So yea, eternity 

Edited by Dazgwny

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK. 

❤️ This is exactly what I'm looking for!

@Nahm when do you think your book will be done?

I'll do you a favor by not telling you what I found so that that you may discover it for yourself. But I can point you in the right direction.  The practice of no-self is like a key that opens the door to Absolute Truth. 

@BenG I think @Gregory1 and the others descrobe it really well.  The one word that sticks out for me in terms of God Consciousness is its Divine..it's perfect, it is free of time and space and it is a metaphysical orgasm of bliss like you have never known.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 hours ago, cetus said:

I'll do you a favor by not telling you what I found so that that you may discover it for yourself. But I can point you in the right direction.  The practice of no-self is like a key that opens the door to Absolute Truth. 

@cetus How should I practice no self? I've noticed that when I believe there is no self, I experience everything that used to be me as as empty of a self as anything else (anything I never would've typically thought of as a self). Is believing there is no self enough to practice no self?

10 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@BenG I think @Gregory1 and the others descrobe it really well. 

Good, then I'm in the right place. ?

10 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

metaphysical orgasm of bliss like you have never known.

? Makes it sound great!

21 hours ago, softlyblossoming said:

@cetus How should I practice no self?  Is believing there is no self enough to practice no self?

@softlyblossoming It's not enough just to believe there is no self. That's just more self. There has to be an actual, deep surrendering of the self with no expectations.

You may from time to time experience a momentary shift in consciousness then possibly withdrawal b-c the self falling away is quite threatening to the self (and that is perfectly natural). But that is a good indicator that your heading in the right direction. This is where the surrendering comes in. By "surrendering" I mean letting go. A total letting go of absolutely everything.

On 1/30/2022 at 10:12 AM, softlyblossoming said:

How should I practice no self?

Focus on how you know that you are (I am), to the exclusion of all else. To the exclusion of all experience, look for what is experiencing. Steadily and with effort and in a relaxed but diligent way -- but it's not really a relaxing process, since every time you feel you've got the I (or what you seem to be) in your sights, it's clearly not it. Why? Because it's IN YOUR sights... and not the "sights" itself. Find what is aware of it. Any I you find is just another object... "Who or what is this I? What is its source?.. Repeat... Back and back; further and further; free fall..." Ignore all objects; sensations; thoughts; experience; that which appears to be appearing TO you... by inquiring into just what the hell it is that knows whatever appears. It's very obviously right here, to the individual, and yet curiously... it is elusive... Surely it's right here, but where is it? Why can't I seem to find it? Etc. Look for the one who notices that, etc.

Even if profound bliss or silence arises -- and it might -- what knows that state? Don't rest content with any experience -- ignore it by looking for what knows it... repeatedly and with effort... focus, refocus, repeat, repeat... until that effort is taken from you like a thief in the night.

This should be associated with expansiveness, rather than strain. If you find yourself straining to focus on the center of experience, ignore that and look for what is aware of "you finding yourself straining to focus on that center."

It's a de-hypnotizing. What is the hypnosis? That you are a finite being who was born and will die. The apparent problems do not come from not being able to understand complexity, they come from the impossibility of understanding what cannot be simpler.

That whole process is in the story of separate existence though, which is not a true story, so to speak. I'm not pointing that out because I'm doubtful of the effectiveness of the practice... Rather, I mention that to reiterate that the apparent process (and its apparent culmination) doesn't actually make sense -- Basically I'm suggesting that you try to do what you already are... how much sense does that make? xD

It's easy to snap out of absorption in a cinema movie and remember that the plight of the main character is just a story. You're doing the same thing here, but it's seemingly quite a bit more difficult... Because unlike the movie screen, the "Infinite Consciousness" (absolute) "screen" is all-encompassing and appears to have the ability to be 3D and all-sense-modal. But (at the risk of reifying what is neither real nor unreal) really there is just that infinite screen being everything, but that screen is not a thing or an object, nor is it here or there or dual. It is singular, yet can appear as a diverse play of happenings.

Just for kicks I made a complete enlightenment guide; it's the January 13 post/comment -- the penultimate one as of now: 

Edited by The0Self