aclokay

Weed Smoking Moralization

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

First post here :) 

I'll start with the back story:

Two months ago, I used to drink and smoke to the point where it was overdone. I couldn't bear those days I didn't get the chance to smoke or those weekends that I didn't drink. It felt like it was a part of me.

So I was watching a lot of the videos regarding self esteem and so on, "Stop caring what other people think" "Self Image" and these genres of videos.
It was a pleasure to watch. I don't know why I avoided self help. I guess my low self esteem wouldn't allow me to. And it was very helpful to me. It brought me back to my feet of the deep sorrow depression I was going through subconsciously. Thanks for that Leo!

And I was curious to what other topics Leo was discussing, I just didn't click those which didn't seem to my taste. Meditation,Enlightenment sounded like bullshit to me. So I didn't click it. But then one video caught my eye; "Overcoming Addiction - The Root Cause Of Every Addiction". Being a cigarette smoker, and weed smoker I pondered for few seconds staring at the thumbnail. Then, I decided, I'll watch it. and it hit every point, and got me to quit smoking tobacco, weed, drinking alcohol and start doing meditation instead. 

I didn't have the desire to smoke or drink. It felt great being sober after almost a year of smoking at least one joint every day, to smoking none. no cigarettes no alcohol. After a month of so of being completely "monk"ed out of everything. I've got some desires to drink a beer, or smoke some weed. But I let them go every time. Until finally I decided, Heh what the heck, I'll smoke once. 

It didn't feel bad for me to break out of that "NEVER SMOKE NEVER DRINK" law I've set to myself. Because I didn't plan to overdo anything as I did beforehand. 

Now for my main question: 

Should I smoke / drink once in a while? Should I have those should / shouldn't arguments in my head about smoking? I don't want to smoke tobacco anymore. I never enjoyed that. But the weed. It had psychedelic effects on my mind. It felt like it sets me free from myself. Especially if I smoked rarely. I don't know if I should quit forever/ smoke once a week/ two weeks/ month.. How do I go about with it ? 

And now I'm afraid that I'm backsliding, even though it doesn't feel like it. That fear lingers in the back of my mind.

Thanks in advance for any advice! 

I you wish to reach enlightenment i would strongly recommend avoiding them.  

If not then.. try to keep it to a minimum, say once every two weeks max. Also try to find something else(better) to do with your time/money. New friendships, love, hobbies, travel and so forth.

Should and shouldn't only make sense in the context of wanting something. How would we know whether you should smoke weed any more than we would know whether you should keep playing tennis?

@aclokay In my experience weed does nothing more than dull the mind.  It feels like youre getting somewhere magical, mystical, wornderfull, but all it is,is your mind is being switched off for a while.  The long term effects are a dull mind that is incapable of processing experience properly and this leads to a backlog of emotional issues later in life.

If you want health and enlightenment, check your lifestyle and get off the dope and start living a life in accordance with your highest self, your highest self manifests in your conscience.  If your mind is working properly, your conscience will tell you that you are hurting your body with drugs, and in order to be happy and healthy you will need to follow that intuition. Or let the long term effects show you for yourself.  Its upto you, you can only do what you can do, I did drugs for years and did not have access to my higher self, so I paid the consequences and learned the hard way.

Its upto you.  

Psychedelics are for some like meditation is for others, Everything in moderation and follow your heart & soul. At the end of the day if whatever you do that is raising your existence to a better place without sacrificing anything natural in return then there is no harm at all in doing so.

I have enlightening experiences from weed, especially organically home grown herb but this is when i smoke less and less often like once a month or less the more life changing and insightful the expereicne becomes. So like once every once in a while if you indulge in something that takes you or shows you, reminds you and allows you to feel a higher state of being, a happier, purer, more child-like, free'er state of being then there is honestly nothing wrong with that as in that moment you are vibrating at a much higher frequency you are naturally attracting a better life to suit the vibe you send out.

Only when it gets to the point where you start to rely on something and loose balance that's when even meditation can be a downside, Balance is key to thrive in life.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

On 12/25/2016 at 11:57 AM, pluto said:

Psychedelics are for some like meditation is for others, Everything in moderation and follow your heart & soul. At the end of the day if whatever you do that is raising your existence to a better place without sacrificing anything natural in return then there is no harm at all in doing so.

I have enlightening experiences from weed, especially organically home grown herb but this is when i smoke less and less often like once a month or less the more life changing and insightful the expereicne becomes. So like once every once in a while if you indulge in something that takes you or shows you, reminds you and allows you to feel a higher state of being, a happier, purer, more child-like, free'er state of being then there is honestly nothing wrong with that as in that moment you are vibrating at a much higher frequency you are naturally attracting a better life to suit the vibe you send out.

Only when it gets to the point where you start to rely on something and loose balance that's when even meditation can be a downside, Balance is key to thrive in life.

Thanks! 

I've had the enlightening experience from weed too. And yeah, I agree with that as long as I don't lose balance, it will help me more than harm.

On 12/24/2016 at 3:19 AM, kurt said:

@aclokay In my experience weed does nothing more than dull the mind.  It feels like youre getting somewhere magical, mystical, wornderfull, but all it is,is your mind is being switched off for a while.  The long term effects are a dull mind that is incapable of processing experience properly and this leads to a backlog of emotional issues later in life.

If you want health and enlightenment, check your lifestyle and get off the dope and start living a life in accordance with your highest self, your highest self manifests in your conscience.  If your mind is working properly, your conscience will tell you that you are hurting your body with drugs, and in order to be happy and healthy you will need to follow that intuition. Or let the long term effects show you for yourself.  Its upto you, you can only do what you can do, I did drugs for years and did not have access to my higher self, so I paid the consequences and learned the hard way.

Its upto you.  

I've had my different shares of weed experiences. I noticed it dulls my mind only when I'm over doing it. Otherwise it brings creativity and pleasure.
I've changed my lifestyle to the productive side. I guess health is the only concern. But, a lot of things harm our health. Avoiding those will make my life feel like a sort of _bubble boy_ that doesn't live the house.

On 12/24/2016 at 1:22 AM, Markus said:

Should and shouldn't only make sense in the context of wanting something. How would we know whether you should smoke weed any more than we would know whether you should keep playing tennis?

That's interesting!

I didn't think of it in that way! It changes my view on the whole situation. I want to smoke weed, as the experience is mostly a pleasure. But I don't want to be dependent on it. I don't want to life feel dull without it. Or feel like life is deficient without that joint at the end of the day, or the week. 

Thanks! truly enlightening!!