Terell Kirby

How many of us are awake?

209 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, BenG said:

Was there any doubt?

No, quite the opposite.

23 hours ago, BenG said:

Were you surprised or shocked in any way?

Super shocked to understand that this is a game, a school and a place to prove yourself.

23 hours ago, BenG said:

What was the most shocking/surprising part about it?

Not identifying with mind or body anymore. So what am I?

Basically nothing.

And if I am nothing, I am everything and if I am everything...

I AM GOD

7 minutes ago, BenG said:

How do you know it's the absolute Truth?

You just know.

Unsatisfying right?

my feeling is that you will never be satisfied by our answers, unless you wake up OFC  but then you won't need answers because you got them.

I always thought the mystics were full of shit, that they were lazy parasites, freeloaders and book sellers.

They are not.

Find the answers yourself.

7 minutes ago, BenG said:

you get the same feeling from solving a math problem

Good analogy. Multiply that same feeling by a thousand.

1 hour ago, Arcangelo said:

No, quite the opposite.

Super shocked to understand that this is a game, a school and a place to prove yourself.

Not identifying with mind or body anymore. So what am I?

Basically nothing.

And if I am nothing, I am everything and if I am everything...

I AM GOD

Yes. Since there is only God, then you are of course God, in that sense... But there's no separation, location/position, meaning, or other. Many seem to reify God and conceptualize it in some way other than the reality -- that this God is simply all there is, everything and nothing, as well as real and unreal.

On 11/10/2021 at 8:27 AM, Carl-Richard said:

Awake? Maybe. Persistent non-symbolic awareness? Nah. That stuff is mindblowing.

Yeah, it's complete free fall. Nothing compares because this could not be better, unlike an experience which could always be better.

On 11/9/2021 at 8:36 AM, Terell Kirby said:

By getting centered in awareness, experience is recognized as being the only thing in existence.

This is exactly how I feel…

also, I don’t think there can be multiple POVs at all experiencing the world since those povs are not in my direct experience and the direct experience is all there is. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

Guys, can you pls drop the word “God”? 
it is so misleading to people who are new on this forum. 
Mind twists this notions and it takes us further from what reality IS. 

18 minutes ago, Galyna said:

it is so misleading to people who are new on this forum. 

Nothing misleading about it, it's just your mind is not willing to grasp it.

Those who truly know God should not dumb down their wisdom to serve the ego of others..

...newbies should be humble and catch up to the wisdom instead.

Edited by Terell Kirby

1 minute ago, Terell Kirby said:

Nothing misleading about it, it's just your mind is not willing to grasp it.

Those who know what God is should not dumb down wisdom...newbies should be humble and catch up to it instead.

The God is not what this word points to…many of us misuse this definition. 

2 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

I agree but it did happen to me. I awakened and it instantly killed my monkey mind chatter. But after a week my monkey mind chatter came back.

How can someone totally eliminate his/her inner dialogue specially if it isn't too positive?

Earlier, when I mentioned the vast majority of people who mistakenly consider themselves enlightened, I was referring to permanent enlightenment. True ego death is rare. For most of us, it is a process of chipping away at the ego over time. There are periods of freedom, like you experienced, but usually the ego slithers back out of the shadows when you least expect it.

I've been studying "Dark Night of the Soul", by St. John of the Cross, and he describes this process with passion and deep personal insight. In his framework, there are actually two dark nights: the night of senses, followed by the night of spirit. The night of senses is fairly common for sincere spiritual seekers, but very few make it through the final night of the spirit.

After the initial high of early awakening, there are periods of increasing darkness, which are deeply disconcerting, but also serve to dissolve the egoic self. This darkness is necessary to move us beyond the easy indulgence of spirituality, into the bone-deep realization of the nothingness of ourselves.

It is only then, when you have suffered so profoundly that you want nothing but to be restored to the light of Consciousness that you once took for granted, that you release the ego once and for all. That final letting go is true enlightenment. It is not only the realization of our ultimate nature, but living in a perpetual state of light.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

^Cool. Those periods of freedom is where is at. You can achieve seconds of freedom when you practice sports. For example doing downhill MTB.

4 hours ago, Galyna said:

This is exactly how I feel…

also, I don’t think there can be multiple POVs at all experiencing the world since those povs are not in my direct experience and the direct experience is all there is. 

@Galyna Can you elaborate? Do you mean that your own personal POV is the only POV? Does my POV somehow intertwine with your in a unifying way or do you not think I have a POV? Or do you mean there is 1 Absolute pov and the illusion of ego makes it seem as if there are more than one pov?  

@Adodd sure. 

please read my post, I answered this question a year ago. 

I don't think such a thing can be experienced tbh. Dualism will always appear to exist. Awakening is an experience happening in apparent duality... So any state you experience is still an experience and also subject to change.

1 hour ago, Galyna said:

@Adodd sure. 

please read my post, I answered this question a year ago. 

I interpreted the same experience very differently indeed. I think you are saying because the subject is nothing, it doesn't exist? I interpreted it as an existent nothing.

It's there but its substance is literally nothing. Literally. But it's there.

The same literal nothingness knowing all somethings through us, I don't think negates the fact of eternally apparent segregation. I can't describe your bedroom even if you are in it right now, and vice versa... Duality will always appear to exist.

10 hours ago, BenG said:

What parks do you DH mountain bike at? Are you good? 

I went to a couple of parks one was called: Senderos Colon. Translation: Columbus Trails

I like to think I am good. B|

17 hours ago, Galyna said:

I agree. We can use universe instead.

3 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

I think you are saying because the subject is nothing, it doesn't exist? I interpreted it as an existent nothing.

This can not be communicated with a language.

I wrote about it about six months ago.

The basics of Reality - Meditation, Consciousness, Enlightenment, Spirituality - Actualized.org Forum\\

"Without language, we could not describe and construct plausible reality. All there is just a Raw Reality, which is predicated upon Awareness and is manifested in the form of perception, a.k.a. the five senses. These five senses travel through your perception, call it a "stencil". When these perceptions are collected and converged onto the focal point, we have an emergence, call it a human being. The mind interprets raw experience and creates identity. How? By the means of language. What is language? It is a sound. We assign the meaning to any shape by the means of the sound. When we give any linguistic load to the object, we mean the perceptive experience, but not the object. It is just a label, right? Because objects do not exist separately from the perception, which includes the five senses. So, we decode the material reality by the means of the five senses and convert them into plausible reality. Again, you are not a human being! Here is how you emerge:

1.       Awareness

2.       Perception decoded into the five senses:

3.       Vibration creates sound (which is hearing), sound is encoded into language.

4.       Then by grouping the various noises, you create words.

5.       Language is a tool by which you assign the meaning to the objects=semantic load.

Remove language and you will not be able to describe reality. Duality will collapse. All you’d have would be the raw reality which is Oneness: awareness and five senses allow this raw reality to be.

You are the “stencil” (attaching the picture below).

The stencil is just a collection of your beliefs, manifesting in the form of the human language, behavior, conscious and unconscious reactions. Your ego is a stencil. Your ego is highly influenced by the external reality; therefore, it does not have free will and acts according to reactions and impulses. That is how you construct your identity.  

Yesterday I re-watched Leo’s video (below), and finally, it clicked. I watched it thousands of times six years ago, and could not get rid of the linguistic labels. Finally, I was able to dis-attach and see the reality without the stencil. I've acquired a deeper understanding.

I am sorry if I couldn't relay my message in a more plausible way. It is very hard. I have understanding, but not enough scientific knowledge to pass it to other people.

Much Love.  "

Edited by Galyna

@Galyna I don't think language is the cause of duality, nonverbal animals also experience it. And trees even, they will specifically grow towards sunlight, as sunlight is recognized as separate from itself the organism, whether a conscious recognition or not.

5 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

@Galyna I don't think language is the cause of duality, nonverbal animals also experience it. And trees even, they will specifically grow towards sunlight, as sunlight is recognized as separate from itself the organism, whether a conscious recognition or not.

@RMQualtrough notice that you're using language to project duality onto the natural world. 

6 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

"Nonverbal animals" "trees" "grow" "sunlight" "organism" is language.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.