SamC

What Are your thoughts on garyvee? ( conciousness wise)

21 posts in this topic

I am really fascinated by Gary. He seems to have a lot of integrity in what he is doing and sometimes even show glimpses of yellow. His core principles are patience, hard work and now as of late curiosity. He also don't give a flying fuck about what other people think of him, while at the same time not being a psychopath and caring about " lousy fluffy ideals " like kindness. Look at this short video for example..

What's up with him, where does this relatively concious approach come from you think? Where do you peg him on SD? Also as a bonus for all the personality types geeks, what is his personality type??

Leo's thoughts would be really interesting aswell @Leo Gura

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Almost positive he is a ENFP from Myers Briggs.

For Spiral Dynamics he is for sure a very healthy orange, at least. It’s hard to tell how much green he has in him and how much of it is just marketing but he seems genuine. He probably has a good bit of green and potentially yellow. Idk exactly.

I went through a ‘Gary V’ phase though. He’s a great and kind person. He gives great pragmatic advice and seems to balance it well with empathy and compassion.

Seems quite hyperactive and tense, I dont like his vibe. Also he is the biggest seller of hustle culture which is quite toxic. He is centered in ORANGE vmeme.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

21 minutes ago, mw711 said:

he is for sure a very healthy orange

He bragged about working nonstop for a decade straight where he didn't take any breaks, any time off, or any time to spend with this friends and family. That is neurotic af. 

22 minutes ago, mw711 said:

It’s hard to tell how much green he has in him and how much of it is just marketing but he seems genuine.

A lot of it is likely very surface level marketing. He is on the record of saying how being marginalized and poor is a great advantage and how people just need to be grateful and pull themselves up by their bootstraps. He is so deeply entrenched in hustle culture to where he doesn't see how marginalized people are at a disadvantage because rich kids with trust funds have an existential crisis. There is little to no green in his message. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

Don't fall for these guys, they are often the most egotistical, desperate for a dollar type of people. 

Nothing wrong with them, but i wouldnt pedestalize them.

I thought this was quite revealing about Gary V, its basically a guy from here in the UK who has made a lot of money in business and his channel exposes fake gurus and entrepreneurs. Hes not necessarily exposing Gary V but it just gives an insight into him that you might not normally see. I dont actually dislike Gary V i think he has some knowledge esp around giving value that i think I think is very helpful in business, in fact almost an advanced way of doing business than traditional orange. But of course theres some other stuff I dont really agree with but anyway here are the clips - 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXjv_Oz4EKQ

1 hour ago, Fearless_Bum said:

Don't fall for these guys, they are often the most egotistical, desperate for a dollar type of people. 

Nothing wrong with them, but i wouldnt pedestalize them.

Maybe you are right

1 hour ago, Consept said:

I thought this was quite revealing about Gary V, its basically a guy from here in the UK who has made a lot of money in business and his channel exposes fake gurus and entrepreneurs. Hes not necessarily exposing Gary V but it just gives an insight into him that you might not normally see. I dont actually dislike Gary V i think he has some knowledge esp around giving value that i think I think is very helpful in business, in fact almost an advanced way of doing business than traditional orange. But of course theres some other stuff I dont really agree with but anyway here are the clips - 

This was awsome, Thanks a ton

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

1 hour ago, Consept said:

If this video contains a true story, I may need to readjust my perspective.

Might have less green than I thought.

Just now, mw711 said:

If this video contains a true story, I may need to readjust my perspective.

Might have less green than I thought.

Its true, theres some footage of the meeting in this vid -

To be honest it did kinda change my opinion on him, although its very possible to be centered in orange and have at least some of the higher levels as well. I think hes realised that giving a lot of value (or at least seeming to) is not just some woo woo thing, it actually gives better results and he probably rationalises charging 15k for a 10 min meeting by saying that he gives so much value people are willing to pay that. Its also possible that hes using some tenants of green and above to just make more money and get more status which is another level of manipulation, but who knows for sure 

1 minute ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

But honestly, some of his advice on how to make some quick bucks, is downright ridicilous. "Go on Facebook marketplace, find some items that people are giving away for free, like old couch or sofa (nice assumption btw. I wonder how many free items you can actually get from people), carry that sofa to your house, sell it to someone for 50$, carry that sofa to the customer. There you go, 50 bucks! Now do that 10 times" Lol, yeah right. Imagine if everyone started doing that.

You can honestly make a lot of money from facebook marketplace, not necessarily free stuff, i havent done that anyway, but lets say you knew a lot about vintage action figures, if you searched them on fb youd find some good deals and you could also negotiate with the sellers, who most of the time just want to get rid of the stuff. You sell that to collectors or on ebay, you can make a lot. So that advice i can vouch for you can legit make money from it, i have. 

dudes projecting a lot - gary vee cares a lot of what people think of him. he talks about it a lot in his speeches but at the same time he talks about how some of his underlying motivations is to prove people wrong lol. which i think sort of birthed his whole shift towards "empathy" cuz he is sort of speaking from arrogance when he's talking about it 

id peg him at orange with a little green. i dont think he's a green entrepreneur, he has hasnt embodied his values of kindness and empathy because he rants on ppl soo much in his speeches. idk thats just my opinion

Edited by Jacob Morres

5 hours ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Yeah, with certain commodities, you can do that. However, I don't like the idea of reselling itself. You're not creating any value, but stealing it in a very sneaky way.

I know some resellers that upgrade the goods before selling them, so I guess they do add some value. For example, putting a skin on sofa to make it look more new. I actually respect that.

I see where youre coming from but there is an argument that the service your providing is someone wanting to get rid of something who doesnt really have the time or the inclination to find a good buyer and your then providing the good to someone who is looking for that item. Obviously it can go to an extreme where you buy out the product and make it scarce and then sell at a mark up, like what happened with the ps5s. But I think the idea of finding value and selling at a higher price elsewhere is pretty central to business, even if youre employing people you are arbitraging their work, paying them one amount and reselling that for a higher amount or value. I do get where youre coming from but i think its just part of what keeps everything moving.

Classic Orange

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@SamC ENFP STAGE Orange

I bet my life on it

Edited by diamondpenguin

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

People tend to get confused when a person shows healthier than average traits or ideas and tend to stage him/her above what they really are spiral dynamic wise. This is a common mistake among spiral dynamics followers and I made it myself until I realized it. In the very same stage, people still carry differences, it is not like all stage blue people for example are the same. There is a spectrum of healthiness and goodness that should also be addressed when trying to apply spiral dynamics on the individual level. Spiral dynamics are supposed to be applied to societies as wholes, not to indviduals. 

Reminds me of Joe Pesci the Actor. 

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

His centre is orange for sure 

but I’ve seen him live in london and next to the other speakers you could tell he was a bit more evolved - some marketing tips were focused on empathy/kindness. He’s orange, but he’s got a good heart I think 

80% orange, 20% Green/yellow 

@blueberries Granted I don't know the context of the statement so I might be wrong but I feel like that this could also be in the context of saving more money by living with your parents and therefore be able to hustle more since you don't have to worry about things like rent and food. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/