Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tanz

Bill Mahar actually makes a good point

13 posts in this topic

Yes great monologue as always from Bill. He's essentially pointing to the fact that most young people are still in Stage Orange and conforming to that worldview and lifestyle. When Stage Green comes online more and more, the materialism he's speaking to will begin to go out of fashion, no pun on words. 

His this week's monologue is even better when it comes to getting laid.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

He is correct in this one, most zoomers are too selfish and involved in individualist culture to care  about climate change. Zoomers follow a me, me, me, culture of excessive phone usage, smut, and narcissism. 

Our idols are narcissistic celebrities, not Greta.

Edited by AdroseAkise

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

His this week's monologue is even better when it comes to getting laid.

Agreed.

Although, is there anything really wrong with enjoying luxury? What about luxury that is done in a sustainable way? For example, instead of expensive fur coats, and expensive fake fur coat. Instead of a Rolce Royce, a Tesla?

Even Osho loved luxury, he loved his Rocle Royce's and swiss watches, as well as expensive clothes and luxury sunglasses. Luxury wine, food apartments, etc... Can awakened people enjoy all of these things?

osho-rolex.png

Edit: I do recall Leo saying in his Conscious Politics series that he supports a tax on all luxury items, and then proceeds to say that in a conscious society, these luxury items would not even exist. Is this true?

Edited by AdroseAkise

14 hours ago, AdroseAkise said:

proceeds to say that in a conscious society, these luxury items would not even exist. Is this true?

It's funny that no one who was abducted by aliens ever reports them wearing fancy watches or other bling.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's funny that no one who was abducted by aliens ever reports them wearing fancy watches or other bling.

.... they hide all the valuables before they snatch us up... they know what we're like... 

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But what about Gurus such as Sadghuru and Rajneesh? Both of them wear Rolex watches.

While 'if you're going to talk the talk then you should walk the walk' is a valid criticism to make, I do wonder how much personal responsibility a 15 year old Zoomer should be expected to have for thier personal consumption habits.

Especially when there are multibillion dollar industries whose whole purpose for existing is to use knowledge of psychology to shape consumption habits in people at an early stage of development. Suffice to say that consumption habits are highly influenced by predatory forces baked in to the system.

I'm all for taking personal responsibility for collective problems, but we also have to take in to account that a systemic problem like Climate Change isn't going to be solved by individual consumption choices. Whether the United States remains a democracy a few decades from now will have orders of magnitude more impact on the Climate than whether pockets of the country opt for more eco friendly options when buying groceries.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

On 11/17/2021 at 10:29 AM, Leo Gura said:

Wouldn’t their spaceship be their Rolex? ;)