Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fearless_Bum

Stages of Awakening from my Experience

32 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, The0Self said:

5. Entire field is a philosophical zombie in a sense -- nothing is needed for the empty appearance to be what it already is.

@The0Self interesting, this really clicked, it's like the energy is so intense/instant that it's not even there! 

Mind elaborating on that 5th point in your own way? I may have misunderstood. 

Edited by Fearless_Bum

7 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@The0Self interesting, this really clicked, it's like the energy is so intense/instant that it's not even there! 

Mind elaborating on that 5th point in your own way? I may have misunderstood. 

Sure. It's just an appearance. However it appears is just as it is. It has no depth to it or truth beyond what it appears as. It's an empty appearance with no solidity or significance. Even the appearance of significance is not significant, because it's just no-thing apparently being everything that's appearing. And there's nothing outside of it, there is only wholeness, no real time, no real causality or context, and no real death.

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self oh yes, thanks for clarification. 

I find that the process of imagining that there's gotta be something behind it all disappears. It's like an unconditional opening to what is and that's it. 

8 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@The0Self oh yes, thanks for clarification. 

I find that the process of imagining that there's gotta be something behind it all disappears. It's like an unconditional opening to what is and that's it. 

That's one way of putting it. But it's rather radical (though simple) because mystical experiences no longer happen. It's sort of the end of "aha so that's how it is!" in any ultimate existential sense because existence itself (and knowing, and context) are seen to be illusory. Everything is breathtakingly ordinary. There is only the unknowable view.

Edited by The0Self

22 minutes ago, The0Self said:

That's one way of putting it. But it's rather radical (though simple) because mystical experiences no longer happen.

@The0Self we don't talk about that here ?.

8 hours ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@BipolarGrowth oh cool, you mean like you were seeing like a hammer head shark?

In front, behind, below, above, within, without, no center (with closed eyes though, I wasn’t seeing outside of these internal visual sensations). Here are my rough notes I was working on. Keep in mind they sound grandiose, but TBH this experience was pretty grand itself lol. 

The Raw Edge of Infinite Perception — A New Magnitude of Awakening 

Infinite Concentration, Focus, & Impermanence 

Infinite Omni-dimensional consciousness 

“I can’t wait to make a video and detailed awakening post about this experience. Haha. No consciousness has ever reached this point before (maybe lol). No Buddha. No god. No yogi. This was pure raw processing power of infinite perception at work. There is nothing more satisfying. Doing vipassana with all three doors — no self, dukkha, and impermanence fused together at once in Omni-dimensional consciousness of untold rapidity of change in all locations simultaneously. You are riding on the raw edge of perception baby. All times, realities, imaginations, beings, gods, gurus, and everything else is held on the utter edge of the present moment in perfect and infinite concentration, focus, and anticipation for what is present. The true present moment is ungraspable even at the most fine capacities of perception. You are always doing processing a split second after perception. To be on the cusp of perception at no time and no distance in all directions and locations simultaneously as infinite change is occurring every nanosecond, you transcend existence and nonexistence. This is undoubtedly the highest level ever accessed (went deeper than this multiple times by now in hindsight lol). The capabilities of human beings are endless. #humanism

I used the Lumenate app while listening to intense music at full volume in a car to have this experience. I took a few hits from a THC vape pen before starting, but I think this is unnecessary. I noticed that all effects of the THC were erased once I had done the practice for 20 minutes. 

This was done with a style of vipassana noting as each sensation occurs/changes. Normally people do noting with labeling, but this is far too slow to keep up with the capacities of perception. Some make a single sound or mental note such as “blip” every time a sensation is noted. This is better, but it is still too slow. At this level, noticing a sensation will have to count as noting it. Every separate thing that can be felt, witnessed, heard, thought, smelled, etc. counts as a data point. 

The goal of this practice is to achieve the overclocked processing power of the Godhead to an infinite degree. Really to call this the Godhead is kind of going to far as it’s all just you. It’s just a good example for grasping the magnitude of this practice at its peak. 

I focused on noticing four types of sensations. The primary focus was on changes to visual phenomena, then audible changes, followed by the vibrations of the music, and lastly the location and feel of body parts as they were witnessed. A fifth type of sensation could be said to be the different emotions that arose, but these were so far in the background they likely had little effect on the result. 

As the visuals started to come in, at first it was seen in 2D like a screen. Further concentration took this to a 3D effect. It was at this point that the visual field completely surrounded me. 

All that can ever be accessed is the perpetually shifting sands of perception. Feeling, perception, and sensation is all there is. Feeling more deeply is the secret to embodiment. Insight, concentration, and truth are all based on becoming more connected to what is present in experience.”

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@BipolarGrowth enjoy the Buddhic realms, I've lost interest in making experiences honestly. 

Hope your path continues to get brighter ?.

4 hours ago, BenG said:

Thanks for the list, it was fun to read. I understand everything through the Inter-Connected Consciousness Stage. After that, you start to lose me.

@BenG yea the interconnected stage was the stage I was in longest you could say. 

After that stage the momentum built up and the stage "shifts" happened more and more faster. 

4 hours ago, BenG said:

That spherical consciousness thing sounds next level.

If you'd appreciate a pointer I would suggest contemplating what space is. Like physical space. 

When you see through the illusion of space, that's when the dominos really fall. 

Edited by Fearless_Bum

12 hours ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@BenG yea the interconnected stage was the stage I was in longest you could say. 

After that stage the momentum built up and the stage "shifts" happened more and more faster. 

If you'd appreciate a pointer I would suggest contemplating what space is. Like physical space. 

When you see through the illusion of space, that's when the dominos really fall. 

The book "Time, Space, and Knowledge" has some very good exercises for this phase of the path.  It is however probably too advanced (perceptually) for anyone pre-stream entry or 2nd path maybe (aka me).  It seems like later path progress is basically impossible to understand or visualize until you are entering that territory.  Would you agree?

20 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

It seems like later path progress is basically impossible to understand or visualize until you are entering that territory.  Would you agree?

@Flyboy sure, you gotta BE it. The earlier stages have more identification/conditioning in them, "later on" shit gets real and no books or concepts are gonna help. 

Some pointers here and there can help though.

On 11/8/2021 at 3:13 AM, Fearless_Bum said:

Spherical Consciousness Stage

This is when shit starts to get REAL. Youll be having a conversation with someone and suddenly they are literally the center of creation itself. Reality begins to be seen as a 360 degree camera (unbelievable i know!). The sensation of the head disappears and every thing that appears to be seen takes its place. At this point you can sit down and just savor this spherical perception, it really is jaw dropping. 

Interesting post. Thank you for sharing!

I think that spherical perception is related to peripheral vision. Under stress vision is becoming very narrow. The more relaxed fit are the wider field of vision becomes. If you you all attachments your brain treats everything as equally important.

I had this experiences when I was talking with someone and everything was melting together into one thing (not physically) and I was inside of my bubble of perception.

@Username thanks for receiving! 

I would say respectfully that while relaxation is a by-product of what we can call the cause of the perception, it's really "caused" by the letting go of a huge bundle of beliefs. 

Basically in the model I created, each stage is reached by letting go of the various belief packages that come with them.