AleksM

Is a future without laws and government possible?

15 posts in this topic

If everybody acted out of love and truth, woud such a future be possible? I think not. What do you think? I know there are twisted versions of love out there and whatever manifests, manifests out of truth already. Laws enable survival so we don't have to fight for it and everybody needs to stay accountable to some laws for the collective to function.

I do hope for a future without stupid ridiculous laws that define the limits of my freedom. Someone could argue that my freedom would hurt the collective. I'm not referring to that. Absurd laws are made from people in positions of power to serve their own agenda and i can't do anything about it. I don't only mean corona laws. 

Laws are necessary. If everyone acted out of love we would simply have fair laws that make sense. Not laws that were inspired by boomers after smoking crack. 

Self-referential biases are the basis of (most?) collective structures. Laws are never going away. If anything, it will be only get "better" or "worse" (according to lucrative/adversarial perspectives) once algorithmic meta-consensus schemes start rolling out from distributed ledger technologies. Deliberative meta-consensus (like boomer contracts, democracies and science) are never going away, the same way cells aren't diluted from transitioning to multicellular organisms. The shift could be summarized in a sense, systems might be more self-aware, abstract and hopefully converging into ideas such as "there is nothing to understand other than understandings themselves" or "survival is diametrically opposed to truth". Everything is already love, including laws. Survival only (seems to) exist from a given perspective (yours).

bloooo.jpg

(the source)

Edited by nuwu

If we don't need any laws, why would we need to remove them?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I can see a future where there is no laws and no government as we today understand it.

There will be a lot less human bodies walking around. There will not be companies making food, cars, houses and guns. There will not be money, police, voting, or even universities.

We will likely also be a part of a greater collective. I mean we will be with species from another planets and galaxies. 

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

As we say "Ubi societas, ibi ius. Ergo: ubi homo, ibi ius".

This means that where the human being is, there is a society. And where there is a society, there is law. 

We need rules to live together, and always have. If the law is not codified like it is today, it is existing as per custom and general principles known by everyone, which is transmitted orally or by examples and socially enforced via standards. That it is still a form of law. 

I also don't see humanity ever reaching a point where we'd all live through love and truth. It seems to me like all humans are designed to go through ego development stages before arriving at this point, which give per default enough room for a set of wrongful behavior. So at least until maturation, there would still be a good portion of people in development (if only children, teenagers and young adults) potentially doing some mischiefs.

But it seems clear that in advanced societies there is much less crimes and felonies of all kind. These come from imprinting on society with violent patterns, scarcity and high anomie. I would estimate that in a very very advanced society most major infractions would be rare.

Edited by Etherial Cat

I'm convinced that it's inevitable. Ego-intelligence is limited, and has no internal source of energy. The moment humanity realizes what it truly is, no laws will be required.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Of course it’s not possible. Humans are not angels.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

I think the question you're asking is if it's possible for humans to keep themselves accountable at all times and constantly take perfect moral decisions that won't harm other people. 

If you phrase it like that then you see how it's obviously impossible, even if all of us were enlightened and actually trying to act out of love all the time, we'd still accidentally hurt ourselves. See laws and the government as set in stone guidelines that try to prevent that from happening.

Government ideally makes us freer, not less. 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

no we're still children

maybe once we grow up we could do it

the way it looks now is the opposite though, yes some things might get decriminalized but more and more surveillance like china

Not for humans.

We would have to go trans-human.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Humans will always be humans doesn't matter if your enlightened. If you have a village of 100 enlightened people hierarchies and politics will always exist. 

There must be laws to safeguard against human bias

On 11/5/2021 at 4:52 PM, BlackMaze said:

Laws are necessary. If everyone acted out of love we would simply have fair laws that make sense. Not laws that were inspired by boomers after smoking crack. 

@BlackMaze What are some of the laws that you want to remove from the society?

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

The same laws that limit your freedom, limit another's freedom to harm you. Anarchy (above rule) would lead to chaos as people have different rules they live by and would head butts, the other extreme is tyranny (total control. The middle would be minarchy, minimal rule of government to what is essential which is not so much to govern as it is to protect the borders, civilians, and property / peoples rights. 

If people ruled themselves by Love than law it is technically possible, but probable? 

Edited by zazen

@diamondpenguin

On 10/11/2021 at 6:15 AM, diamondpenguin said:

@BlackMaze What are some of the laws that you want to remove from the society?

Stupid unreasonable corona laws for starters. 

Stupid Marijuana laws around the world. In some countries there is a death sentence for weed. In other countries you go to jail and in other countries you pay fines.

The fact that all psychedelics are illegal and are treated like heroin. 

That junkies are treated as criminals when they are just sick. 

Forced militery service. 

Sudden laws that appear out of nowhere making you pay money for no reason other than to force you to do the thing that they want you doing. 

Lack of laws in some countries to protect the workers. 

Laws that keep the poor poor and the rich rich. 

That health insurance in many places is a privilege. 

That i have to pay for things like television and radio or church with no reason at all and shit like that. 

Just some ideas. Everyone has laws they don't like. What i don't like basically is that shitheads decide what i can and cannot do. Yeah go vote. What a joke. Maybe not everywhere but in some countries voting is a joke. Money moves everything and through the media they do whatever the fuck they want (those that have most of it i guess). 

Politics and law don't belong to my interests thats why i won't elaborate on any of that. I have minimum knowledge on the topics but i also don't care.