Dhruv

Atheist Kicked Off Egyptian TV

9 posts in this topic

Don't know if guys have already seen it. 

If you have, this might be a new thought strain after learning about Spiral Dynamics

https://youtu.be/J5aseBw4BmM

Edited by Dhruv

For Western atheists, this looks ridiculous, but this is exactly how an atheist TV show host would talk to a mystic. "You're not making any convincing points" "You're using big woo-woo terms" "You need psychiatric evaluation".

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Muslims don't even accept positive criticism of their religion. If you go to a modern Muslim "scholar" and tell them that this part of Islam might need an improvement in order to fit in today's world, 99.9% of the times, you will be called an infidel. Even if you are a faithful Muslim scholar yourself, the same will happen to you and all your credentials will be dismissed. They will accuse you of hypocrisy and bad intentions and conspiracy against Islam and all the Muslims in the world. And then they will cast their curses upon you and pray that may Allah protects Islam.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

24 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

For Western atheists, this looks ridiculous, but this is exactly how an atheist TV show host would talk to a mystic. "You're not making any convincing points" "You're using big woo-woo terms" "You need psychiatric evaluation".

Both of them are highly dogmatic, but there is an energetic difference.

An atheist is mainly coming from an arrogant place, while a Muslim is mainly coming from a fearful one.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1 hour ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Both of them are highly dogmatic, but there is an energetic difference.

An atheist is mainly coming from an arrogant place, while a Muslim is mainly coming from a fearful one.

It's different flavors of the same thing: a contracted worldview.

Sometimes atheists can be too militant as well. 

It reaches a point where even atheism might feel like a new religion. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Carl-Richard I disagree, atheist can be baffled but not personally offended if you told them that your science is not serious investigation into reality. 

A Muslim is more dense. They would take offense. It’s not about who’s right and who’s wrong, but would resolve to violence if circumstances allow.

Yeah it was funny. Almost unbelievable. Glad that i wasn't born in such a country. 

4 hours ago, Happy Lizard said:

I disagree, atheist can be baffled but not personally offended if you told them that your science is not serious investigation into reality. 

I remember being offended once when some Christian fundamentalist on TV told a bunch of children that "the scientists don't know what truth is". I was 16 ?