Thought Art

I have decided I do not want to be famous

19 posts in this topic

I used to want to be a musician and to share my art with thousands or millions of people. But, the more I look at the price of being someone who is well known I realize that is just too much of a burden to carry.

Maybe I am letting my fear win. But, I want an enjoyable life. I think I simply have to many fears and vulnerabilities to be a person who is famous.

I don't really know what this means for my life because I have now spend many years trying to become an artist. I think I am transitioning to being a Qigong teacher focusing on high ticket small volume. 

Even then I've been feeling paralyzed by these fears. I don't know if they have any truth to them. I personally find the social world to be very terrifying. 

I just wanna live a simple, good peaceful and enjoyable life...

But, I admit as well. I'd love to live my dream. I just don't trust that this is a world where dreams come true.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Do what you love, whether it’s Quigong or art. Explore both, you don’t need to tie yourself down. 

"You Create Magic" 

14 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I used to want to be a musician and to share my art with thousands or millions of people. But, the more I look at the price of being someone who is well known I realize that is just too much of a burden to carry.

I think your mind is using this to trick yourself out of going for what you want.

In actuality, being famous has nothing to do with pursuing your passion / art. It's complete irrelevant, you could become famous or you may have very little following, the important part is following your bliss and ignoring any negative self-talk.

There is no guarantee that you'll be well known. There are many artist who are underground, the creativity itself is what matters, not the number of fans.

Edited by Terell Kirby

lol 

how come you feel so certain that you will become a famous musician 

most people who try fail completely bcz it's extremely difficult 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw Lol there is part of my point

It's honestly a good song though lol she was a kid

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Flowerfaeiry I mean, I will do both. But, I am not gonna master music for no reason. It's fun to play, but if I am not doing it full time I'd rather do something else. 

@Max8  You are right. But, there is a way to do it. I've played festivals, and had tonnes of opportunity and have lots of great connections. It's something I consider in reach in my life if I want to do it. The biggest problem I have is fear.

@Terell Kirby You are right. It's strange, being a real musician, or professional artist was my dream. It may still work out I just need to clear up my mind and limiting beliefs. But, fame? Fame isn't worth much. What I really want is a life of love, serving others, happiness, creativity, and a sense I am contributing to the world in a positive way.

I want to limit stress out of my life, and live a beautiful existence. Music is on the back burner. Any job that requires fame is just too stressful because of all this cancel culture and stuff. 

I am a pretty liberal/ stage green/ pro love person. But, It's just too risky.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

15 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@mandyjw Lol there is part of my point

It's honestly a good song though lol she was a kid

Yeah, my point is you really don't have any control over fame or what comes of it or why. Also more importantly, it's Friday. Enjoy yourself. Everything ties together beautifully except when we're busy convincing ourselves it isn't. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw I think so. I think my main reason for avoiding fame is to maintain more privacy and control in my life.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

She is part of the hyperpop scene now, she has become a real artist and is pretty good, you should check out her newest songs.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

47 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I want to limit stress out of my life, and live a beautiful existence. .

Stress is unavoidable when pursuing your highest calling. There will be roadblocks from time to time.

Main thing is learning stress management, so it doesn't deter you. Work with the stress instead of running away from it and you'll be fine.

@Terell Kirby Each day I improve my ability to manage stress. However, I have some cognitive blocks or self image issues that seem to be more stubborn. Also, simply dealing with the uncertainty of fame. There is a lot for me to contemplate here.

I don't really trust the universe and the way the world works enough that if I become famous musician it wouldn't be a net negative for my life experience. However, it is my highest calling and fantasy and I am actually really good at it. 

I am focusing on Qigong for now as it it less fame oriented and helps me to develop my stress management and to help others do the same. That makes me happy too. I cry tears of joy after teaching a good Qigong lesson.

◭"89"

@Thought Art you are many people rolled into one with different wants and desires. If you really think about it, how many people have you already influenced - even in minor ways - in your life? Hundreds perhaps. And your influence was spread further by them.

Whatever calling you decide to place emphasis on, your reach will be great.

All stories and explanations are false.

5 hours ago, Thought Art said:

@Max8  You are right. But, there is a way to do it. I've played festivals, and had tonnes of opportunity and have lots of great connections. It's something I consider in reach in my life if I want to do it. The biggest problem I have is fear.

dude just go for it with 100% commitment ,

if you actually made it .

you will make tens  millions of dollars 

you will be financially free doing little work and living the best life ever .

dont have to work for a boss or fear of money problems 

Pretty sure 99% of famous musical artists never intended to become famous. They were simply chosen.

It's a bit of a funny story. I went to the same high school as Alan Walker (born in 1997) and Aurora Aksnes (1996), and both are now super famous artists. I took the same music classes as Aurora (only one year older than me), I had played guitar every day for 6 years, but I never sat down to make a song. Both Alan and Aurora had become famous by the end of high school (at around 18 years old). 

I've thought many times: "what if I had bought some recording equipment, took all the best of my guitar riff ideas that I had recorded at the time (maybe 500 recordings) and just made them all into songs. Maybe I would've become famous as well?". Then again, maybe I didn't have that musical vision like Alan Walker or raw talent like Aurora. There are also thousands of other factors at play. After all, my friend in music class had his own studio in his garage, and the only times his songs have been played was at his own parties :P

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Well then, go focus on something you DO wants, instead of something you don't, and probably would never get even if you did :D

Fame and power corrupts a man.u r in right direction.do your profession for 7 or 8 hours a day and do quigong rest of time

Also coffezilla is a youtube channel which specialize on scams and one statement struck my heart.it is

"When some one make a course about how to make money on a field that means that that field is saturated ".

For example if someone make a course on how to make money on onlyfans ,that means that field is saturated and difficult to make money from.