Uncover

How To Keep A Journal?

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! :) 

I know that is important for all of us to have a journal. The importance of having a journal is stated by many people. It's good having something to remember you how you were in the past what experiences have you gone through, how they changed you and how are you now, how can you improve something based on your past experiences. So how exactly do you start a journal? What is essential to write in your journal? What not to write in your journal? I'm more of tech guy, can I write it on my computer? If yes, do you use a specific app or it doesn't mater?  I wanted to start holding a journal a while ago but I didn't know what to write, and if it will be of any use if I will write something there. 

Thanks! 

Hi, I have been keeping a daily journal for quite a while now and I can also agree on that it is a very powerful habit. I keep my journal on my IPad using the app Grid Diary but you can use whatever you want, I myself prefer to have it digitally.

The point of journaling is reviewing your day, noting some progress you made and  writing down what you learned from your experiences. The structure of my journal is segmented into 8 Questions

1. What did I do today? (What did I want to do today?)
  2. Was I aligned to my purpose today?
  3. What did I learn from today?
  4. What can I be grateful for today?
  5. How did I feel(think) today?
  6. What could I have done better?
  7. What should I do tomorrow?
  8. Anything else?

That's how I keep my journal and it really helped me a lot. But I still think there is more to improve, so if anyone has an idea of what could be added let me know ^_^

@Vibivub I will start keeping a journal the way you're keeping it now. Also, if you make improvements to it please let me know. Thank you! :) 

I am keeping a journal for about 1.5 years now relatively consistently. It is great to reflect your day, keep some ideas and look at your progress.

One or two months ago I started asking myself these questions daily:

• How did I move towards becoming a sage (or whatever goal you have) today?
  • How did I act upon my intuition today?
  • What will I do tomorrow to become a sage (2 or 3 points or little habits)
  • What have I  learned today (or just interesting thoughts that I want to document)
  • What am I grateful for (about 3 points)
  • What is my intuition telling me to do?

These questions made my journal-keeping much more efficient. I am seeing a lot of changes.

Also: review your entries regularly or write summaries of your last week/month

@Uncover One note One note One note One note One note One note One note One note One note One note One note One note 

One thing that i'm working towards is being able to type 100 words per minute that way i could journal faster and just let my thoughts fly through my mind without the limitation of having to type and then think

Edited by Mercy

@Mercy Hmm, I thought that I could us Grid Dairy but I've seen that it's only for ios , I'm using android.. 

So I started downloading OneNote immediatly :D

Good goal! My typing speed is pretty average.(didn't measure it but I know). It will be good to look towards improving it as well :) 

3 hours ago, Uncover said:

@Mercy Hmm, I thought that I could us Grid Dairy but I've seen that it's only for ios , I'm using android.. 

So I started downloading OneNote immediatly :D

Good goal! My typing speed is pretty average.(didn't measure it but I know). It will be good to look towards improving it as well :) 

OneNote is good, that's what I like to use, too. The android app for it is ok. Functional and basic - but the PC version (which will sync to your devices) has a lot more features. None of them are critical but it's fun to mess around with. I use the android app to write things down and add stuff, then I will use the PC version to organize, sort, and review stuff.