WonderSeeker

What's a craving you've burnt through?

26 posts in this topic

For me it's weed. I still smoke now and then, as it's a jarring way to alter consciousness. But anyways, for two years (Jr & Sr year of college) I smoked 5-6 days per week. After a year and a half of doing it intensely, I became disgusted by it. But I made friends over it, so giving it up took a clever strategy. In the end I was happy to go through the journey as it taught good lessons that eventually lead to self-actualization. In fact weening off weed was one of the first changes I made in Oct 2019 at the beginning of this work. Then came the spiritual rabbit hole starting in Feb 2020 just before COVID slammed us. I began to meditate a lot due to lockdown. Then became inspired to take a journey toward Truth--whatever the hell that is--at the year progressed. Then...

Jan 2021: first glimpse of "nothing" on LSD (was terrified yet excited).
Mar 2021: Sober awakening that lasted several moments.

Since then I've been working with a coach on seduction/dating and showing up to the world in a more authentic way. To be honest this part of my life is more important than a direct spiritual path, even though I tried that. I can't speak for everyone, but I think this was Leo's best video yet. It addresses the human condition of being animalistic. I especially appreciate Leo's vulnerability and honesty about not being fully 'there' yet; I think sometimes we as students of self-actualization tend to delude ourselves into thinking that Leo is above it all, as silly as this sounds.

Anyways, I burned through all of my weed. (Craving resolved!)

What's a craving you've burned? 

I used to get tons of lipstick. I don't do that anymore. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Travelling. I used to have alot of wanderlust but now I have been to atleast 10 countries all over the world, also live abroad for 3 years. I feel like I have integrated alot of different cultures and have opened my mind alot. 

My skillpoints (lol) in relationships is really low, definitely something I will have to work on in my thirties.

I also want fame, quite low consciousness but its a drive I cant let go of, I have to make it haha.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Alcohol. I have never been an alcoholic, but I have always enjoyed its effects especially socially. But I think I've nearly burned through my need for alcohol, I may even stop totally in the near future.

I've also nearly burned through my need for validation from other people - it used to be a real problem - but I can stand on my own two feet now. I'm still a bit "hey! look at me!" sometimes, but that's attention not validation, I haven't burned through that one yet.

All stories and explanations are false.

9 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

Alcohol. I have never been an alcoholic, but I have always enjoyed its effects especially socially. But I think I've nearly burned through my need for alcohol, I may even stop totally in the near future.

The interesting thing about alcohol that I noticed very recently is that it doesnt actually "feel" good, it just makes you more unconcious to your surroundings but there is no real pleasure to it. That unconcious feeling is great for social anxious people though since it numbs the intrusive thoughts we have in social situations. I hope to become a teetotaler by 30, Im 27 now.

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

That unconcious feeling is great for social anxious people though

It's funny you should mention that. I've also burned through my social anxiety and anxiety in general, alcohol has always helped me with that. Definitely the two are related for me. I'm sure I'll be teetotal the day after my 50th birthday xD

8 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

It's funny you should mention that. I've also burned through my social anxiety and anxiety in general, alcohol has always helped me with that. Definitely the two are related for me. I'm sure I'll be teetotal the day after my 50th birthday xD

Same, Im not fully "healed" but I think the less socially anxious I become the less I will need alcohol. :) 

Its really difficult though, every time I go out to dinner with my brothers (were really close) which we do many times a year, we drink alcohol and its going to be a rough time having to be sober around their drunk asses. xD

Edited by Rilles

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

its going to be a rough time having to be sober around their drunk asses.

It's ok, it will make you realise how pointless it is to be drunk and harden your resolve. That's what I keep telling myself ?

1 hour ago, LastThursday said:

It's ok, it will make you realise how pointless it is to be drunk and harden your resolve. That's what I keep telling myself ?

Thats actually a very good point.

10 hours ago, Rilles said:

Its going to be a rough time having to be sober around their drunk asses. xD

That's gonna be challenging! I stopped drinking over a year ago (never had a craving for it anyways). But recently I've picked it up just a little as it's impossible for me to keep up with drunk folk when out on the town. Literally all my friends do it so I've got no choice. Talking to a hyped-up drunk person is like trying to rap battle fuckin Eminem...you're on a totally different level.

weed, sneakers, techno parties

alcohol is something that i don't really crave but because of social anxiety etc. i keep going back to it

15 minutes ago, WonderSeeker said:

That's gonna be challenging! I stopped drinking over a year ago (never had a craving for it anyways). But recently I've picked it up just a little as it's impossible for me to keep up with drunk folk when out on the town. Literally all my friends do it so I've got no choice. Talking to a hyped-up drunk person is like trying to rap battle fuckin Eminem...you're on a totally different level.

Wow thats amazing! One year is really good. Haha rap battling... thats exactly right!!

Video games. I used to be heavily addicted now I don't them appealing at all.

I play occasionally with friends but that's about it.

3 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

Video games. I used to be heavily addicted now I don't them appealing at all.

I play occasionally with friends but that's about it.

I played so much video games in high school now they are so boring and give me a headache after an hour. Im getting old! xD

Its fun to play together though with other people, at a party or something, laughing together and shit. Alone though, never.

For me, it's some of the ones that were mentioned by others:

Alcohol.

Parties and fun and socialization.

Sex and seduction.

Long-term and short-term traveling.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

On 03/11/2021 at 6:07 PM, LastThursday said:

xDLOL.

Weed, energy drinks, soda, potato chips, chocolate, junk food. I haven't bought any of these things for the last 3 years (unless there were no other alternatives). My body consumes food and water when it needs to :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

How to burn through watching youtube or Facebook videos?