aurum

How Much Do Looks Matter?

25 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Moreira said:

Yeah if you pretty much run Anti-Game. 

I don't even feel like I have the time to list all the things that guy did wrong on that date. 

And it all had very little to do with him not having hair. 

It should be easy getting girls with a shaven head. 

Edited by SFRL

However, one last thing I wanted to say about this. If a man has BOTH good looks and good game, then he might be perceived as being extremely seductive and popular. If he's additionally tall, then he'll even project a greater command of presence. Such a man would become so dominant that he would stand out as a true alpha male within the vicinity. He could turn out to be a dangerous competitor in the field. Hence, he will be much more likely to get more one-night stands with hot girls compared to a guy who looks so-so and not very impressive, even if he has about the same level of game as the good-looking guy.

However, once again, without good game, having good looks becomes almost utterly useless for any man.

Edited by Hardkill

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:06 PM, nectar said:

Yeah it is a bit of both. As a chick, I am attracted more to the guy’s general vibe and certain personality traits and the way they carry themselves. Intelligence is a huge point of attraction for me. Also guys who are straightforward, confident, and funny win out for me over a dumb, insecure, boring hot guy. 

However there are certain things physically that I can’t deal with. Like bad breath, short, and overweight. I’ve had experience with this. The guy was my type almost completely but he was very chubby and I just couldn’t feel sexually attracted. So then, his other flaws stood out more to me. 

I'm a bi guy, and context totally matters for me. I'll see guys who I'm attracted to at first glance, but will sometimes be attracted by the way I see him act or something. I think on another part of this conversation, it should be asked, do looks matter TO YOU. Because this conversation is based around hypotheticals and the average person, but if your trying to find love, then consider being more open-minded to anyone despite they're looks.

Another part of this conversation is also, what kind of person can you have strong-lasting love with? Because if you love another person until you both get old and probably unattractive, then looks won't have mattered then. And I feel like looks do have a part to play, but its not what makes strong love, at least with old people. 

If your dating someone for their looks (Physical appearance, and slight glimpses into how they act), to have sex or something. Then it definelty matters more. There's definelty a difference between sexual/intimate love, and long-lasting true love. But these are all just theories really.

It doesn't. We all grow old. Would you want to stay with someone who will just dump you for someone younger just for your appearance?