SQAAD

Why Some People are SuperSkinny?

15 posts in this topic

Obviously because they are not eating enough.. But why aren't they eating enought? I don't get it.. What is the Psychology behind it?? It's mind boggling to me. Because it seems so counter-intuitive not to do something that is pleasurable. 

Because of their genetics, firstly. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Im pretty skinny because I have had bad childhood experiences with the dinner table, I also always ran away before finishing my food as a child to play.

Also I dont eat for pleasure very often, I just eat to get moderately full and then Im done, if normal people get 100% pleasure from eating I maybe get 90%, while other things easily give me 110% like sex or a good movie or something.

If I am caught up in a flow state I can totally forget about eating, I eat lunch around 1pm-2pm everyday which is pretty late for the average person. 

So its pretty much brain, genetics, adverse experiences and habits. 

Edit: Also I think some people are really bad at tolerating hunger, I can easily fast an entire day without much trouble while some people eat as soon as their stomach rumbles. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Someone here

29 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Because of their genetics, firstly. 

Can you elaborate? It doesn't seem advantageous to be sp skinny for survival purposes. You could easily get murdered by some stronger man or animal.

@Rilles

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

Im pretty skinny because I have had bad childhood experiences with the dinner table, I also always ran away before finishing my food as a child to play.

Can you elaborate more on those experiences?

8 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Rilles

Can you elaborate more on those experiences?

Always alot of anger if I didnt finish food I didnt like, from my father, zero compassion unlike my mom who was very understanding and compassionate of a young child who needs to grow into new food. I have always felt pretty uncomfortable about eating food with my father at the table. But honestly its just a pseudo-psychological guess. Interestingly I hate eating food when Im nervous, its literally impossible, and nervousness and fear was constant in my life when I was a child. 

Edited by Rilles

I'm pretty skinny. I think that this is mostly because of my genetics even though I consider that my mom didn't nourished me properly during a period of my life.

I also rarely felt hunger in my entire life, this is an almost unknown sensation for me. I eat a good quantity of food, but I just don't take any weight.

@Raphael

2 hours ago, Raphael said:

I'm pretty skinny. I think that this is mostly because of my genetics even though I consider that my mom didn't nourished me properly during a period of my life.

I also rarely felt hunger in my entire life, this is an almost unknown sensation for me. I eat a good quantity of food, but I just don't take any weight.

Genetics may have a part on this but i don't think they are the only cause.. I think people who don't eat enough food have had some sort of trauma. Because it is one thing to be lean and another thing to starve yourself to the point where you have the weight of a little child.

Edited by SQAAD

@Rilles

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

Always alot of anger if I didnt finish food I didnt like, from my father, zero compassion unlike my mom who was very understanding and compassionate of a young child who needs to grow into new food. I have always felt pretty uncomfortable about eating food with my father at the table. But honestly its just a pseudo-psychological guess. Interestingly I hate eating food when Im nervous, its literally impossible, and nervousness and fear was constant in my life when I was a child. 

It seems to me like you created some negative associations around food in your childhood which have impacted your relationship with food.

6 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Rilles

It seems to me like you created some negative associations around food in your childhood which have impacted your relationship with food.

Exactly my point. :)??

They could have problems with digestion. So when they eat they feel shitty. 

I´m skinny. Although not a lot.

Because eating is not that pleasurable. It´s just meh. Ok. Like, jerking off or taking a shit is more pleasurable for me honestly.

Of course if I eat shit like ice-cream cookies, Doritos etc is pleasurable. But I don't want to eat that because afterwards I feel bad.

So I eat very healthy. And that means, I can't eat that much. 

Additionally recently I had a kratom habit and it lowers your appetite and also since if you eat the effects a lowered, people usually try not to eat before taking it so you end up eating less in general.

Trust me, a great amount of people you see very skinny, is simply because the consume drugs. Most drugs lowers appetite. 

I am a skinny person. I have always been slightly underweight. I can eat whatever I want and however much I want and I won’t put on weight. If someone else ate like me they may get fat. My mom is fat and she eats less than what I eat.

It has to do with genetics. Research different body types like ectomorphs, endomorphs, and mesomorphs and their variations.

On 2021-10-31 at 7:50 AM, SQAAD said:

It doesn't seem advantageous to be sp skinny for survival purposes. You could easily get murdered by some stronger man or animal.

Evolution is more complicated than that.  Have you seen marathon runners? It is advantageous to be able to run longer distances in the wild. You can out run your predators. And it’s also advantages to have flexibility. Just some examples. I don’t think you could do that if you were all muscle mass or obese. 

I think what’s happening here is that you are projecting your own liking for food on to others and labeling those who don’t like it as abnormal. No, not all skinny people are anorexic. I think you should start a thread about anorexia if you want to talk about that. 

And food is not pleasurable to everyone. I have never had pleasure eating. I don’t find sugary and fried food pleasurable. I find pleasure in spirituality, working out, and other activities. I once went without food for almost 2-3 days, I felt some hunger (minimal) and weakness but no cravings.

Similarly I can ask you, do you find shitting and peeing pleasurable? It’s just a thing you do for survival. But why not? You are getting rid of unwanted waste from your body, it’s good for survival, it should be pleasurable! 

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

Genetics. I was always very skinny, especially as a child. Plus I have long legs and arms so it makes me look even more skinny. It doesn't mean I was weak as most would assume. Fat makes muscles seem bigger but in reality I was almost strongest among my classmates.

Now I have more muscle mass so I don't look sick anymore xD I have muscles and visible abs but you can't see it if I have my shirt on. You will assume that I'm just skinny. Especially now when I'm doing keto my weight is the same but I have less volume.

I doubt that eating more would let me gain weight significantly.