EntheogenTruthSeeker

How do y’all get through the booklist?

15 posts in this topic

There must be no way Leo has read these books start to finish. What time do you have for integration and experience? Being 23 there is so much action I need to take I feel like reading is near-impossible right now. 

I always start books and stop them very quickly. Not an ADD thing. My ability to focus and be disciplined with shit is difficult, because life requires much more nuance. 

Like as soon as I read a book about one subject, I run into another issue I need to fix, so then I ditch that and don’t come back. I’m just in a vicious cycle of doing online information, YouTube, blogs, using my intuition, etc. 

I would love to read all books or even just 20 but it is just so fucking hard! 

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening

I sort of have same issue.

i do more YouTube learning. I don’t think you need to read every book, but search for the answers you need.

Books about a relevant topic do tend to give more nuanced understand and more buy-in though.

Leo’s LP is literally half about doing research, keep that in mind 

He said once he doesn’t do speed reading either

at young age, it’s important to take a lot of outward action with the theory cuz u got to set your foundation 

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

@Bob Seeker I totally fuck with this advice, man! 

Yeah, I forget that I’m not Leo, and we have different values. Maybe he likes reading 300 books, but I’ve not been able to read more than 10-15 books in my life tops, each book takes 3 months to finish, with hard work too. 

Reading a book is 3X more painful and miserable than meditating or honestly anything I have to do, ever. 

What I've started doing recently is to spend a bit of time journaling after I've finished a work. This has been hugely helpful as far as integrating whatever it is I've been reading in to my larger conceptual system and worldview.

Ive also found it helpful to oscillate between reading different types of books. After finishing something long and technical I might grab a work of fantasy literature or someone's memoirs as my next read. Or move to a non fiction book in an unrelated subject to my previous read.

I've found that this is a good practice for giving one's mind a bit of rest and for avoiding burnout.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

14 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

Ive also found it helpful to oscillate between reading different types of books. After finishing something long and technical I might grab a work of fantasy literature or someone's memoirs as my next read. Or move to a non fiction book in an unrelated subject to my previous read.

Great advice. I tend to do the same. 

Maybe try finding one particular moment in your day when you feel you are most settled for reading. Then try to read every day at those moments and don't even think about reading other times of the day when you are more focused on other things.

Maybe it's right after you wake up? Maybe in the morning after a cup of coffee? Or maybe in the evening or night right before going to bed?

Maybe the environment you read in has some affect on your mind's ability to focus on reading. Try reading in different places, like alone in your room, in the library, nature, etc.

hour a day come what may, gotta schedule it seven days a week, usually have two on the go so i read the harder on days i have more energy

@Godhead @DocWatts @Snader @gettoefl this is all fucking brilliant advice!! This honestly broke through the limiting beliefs I have been holding about this obstacle. Thank you all so much. 

Night time after everybody in my house falls asleep, after I do some rebounding, and all my energy is finished on the things I love the most about my life, then I’ll read 5-10 pages. Starting small. And fantasy books, because I have just read self help books my entire life and I think it’s made me lose the love for reading..

@EntheogenTruthSeeker drop the entertainment. Start by reading 1 page or even half a page every day. Yeah, it’s meant to be ridiculously easy, that way it’s hard not to do it. I feel this works because your ego will get a bigger blow from not being able to read even that, so you’ll prefer to do it. And go up from there. Until a page feels too easy add another one and so on. You’ll gradually leave entertainment out and fill in the space with reading. And wake up/go to sleep early so you get some extra hours in your day. It will take quite a lot of time to fix a life of iliteracy 

Stop being lazy and start reading. Read daily, read a fixed amount of pages. Read what interests you most, learn speed reading. good starting point would be 10-20 pages daily

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

@Alfonsoo @Gregory1 @AdroseAkise haha yeah I am really just being lazy and letting resistance get the best of me. It’s just so hard to have quiet focus time in my house, so it takes more conscious effort to leave/isolate and focus. 

This is all such incredible advice, I’m really thankful for all of your replies! 

<3

How many books have y’all read in your life or on the book list?

4 hours ago, EntheogenTruthSeeker said:

@Alfonsoo @Gregory1 @AdroseAkise haha yeah I am really just being lazy and letting resistance get the best of me. It’s just so hard to have quiet focus time in my house, so it takes more conscious effort to leave/isolate and focus. 

This is all such incredible advice, I’m really thankful for all of your replies! 

<3

hundreds. It doesn't have to be the booklist. Read about the topics that you really are interested in / care about. For example I was interested in how the human brain works, so I read a few books about it. 

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

On 2.11.2021 at 7:59 PM, EntheogenTruthSeeker said:

I read like 80% of the list. The rest doesn't really interest me.

On 2.11.2021 at 7:59 PM, EntheogenTruthSeeker said:

haha yeah I am really just being lazy and letting resistance get the best of me.

It's really easy once you make it a habit.