Max8

Personal-development is Scam

121 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I explain that for over 25hrs in my Life Purpose Course.

And also in many of my free videos.

Yeah, the life purpose course is great. It gives you a powerful vision and mindset.

Completing it will change your life.

Then, for maintaining momentum I use productivity apps, and coaches, or training that the specific areas the LP course help you to see.

The LP course is like an amazing set of glasses. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Max8 Belated comment but tbh I reflected on this & to an extent I mostly agree with you on your points. 

I disagree with you that it's overall merely a scam & I sense many limiting beliefs about how it's so hard to make money or move country, although if you are from a 3rd world country I completely understand, but then again I've met guys from favelas in brazil who are now millionaires with a nice wife, so anything is possible. 

I've lost a lot of time with self help mental masturbation & find the values of most people on this forum absolutely bizarre. 

Like saying that money or relationships won't make your life  much better. Wtf? 

Can't believe someone here said money is irrelevant to PD, like wtf again. It's extremely relevant, the most important foundation.  

It's hard to be unhappy if  you have both of those things mastered, IMO impossible. 

People on here that are saying they got results from PD yet there still broke & single are just deluded. 

Here's my opinion : get these things in abundance, fuck everything else

1. Money 
  2. Relationships, hot GF, Quality friendships 
  3. Social skills, confidence, charisma
  4. Travel, excitement, Novelty, Trying new things, life experience, meet different people 
  5. Emotional Mastery 
  6. * Life skills (Technical skills, computer skills, organizational skills, strategic thinking, time management) 
  7. ^^ Get Life coach, relates to all of these 

All of these things are IMO all you need, Leos videos on these are great but learn from others too. 

90 - 95% Action. 

Everything else is garbage. 

Money & relationships will have the biggest impact. Anyone who denies this is either deluded, crazy, or extremely introverted. 

Edited by Striving for more

1 minute ago, Striving for more said:

Money & relationships will have the biggest impact. Anyone who denies this is either deluded, crazy, or extremely introverted. 

Money happiness is a U-shaped curve. Being broke sucks and makes one incredibly anxious but there is a level (statistically this is about £50K annual) after which the person is not getting an ounce happier even by getting their salary doubled. Like if you earn 70K annual and you get a new job earning 120K after about a month that excitement goes away and with it come more new anxieties (need new car, new watch, better clothes to maintain the new status, paying more taxes etc). I work in high-profile corporate environment at Fortune 200 company and let me tell you I know people who earn 300K a year. They are unhappy and burned out with horrible health, many addictions and bad relationships. The "more" can actually be detrimental after certain threshold. 

From personal experience, I'd also say it depends where that money came from. I've noticed that getting paid 400$ from client who has approached me for clinical help gives me more satisfaction than getting £2K+ paid by some corporate job I don't like. But I guess this becomes a thing once we get over a certain threshold and no longer have financial anxieties. At the survival level, "more" always sounds like "better" even if that's rarely the case. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Personal development feels like a scam because it has a steep learning curve.for me to get atleast something practical from personal development i had to do it for 4 years.before 4 years of work everything was mindfuck.but after 4 years i got practical results.personal development is not like meditation where in meditation u can get results within 6 months.after my 4 years doing pd is one of the most satisfying thing in my life.doing pd is like doing heroine or crack cocaine.and u can reach this point.it may take u 3 years.it may take u 7 years.evetyone is different.

On 11/1/2021 at 5:22 AM, Max8 said:

this is an interesting example of how our minds can often be wrong about very basic stuff. and how it tricks us despite knowing. 

by the way those are really the same size try testing in with photoshop its really mind blowing 

Table_shepard.preview.jpg

Not the same. 

Try using a ruler on the screen.

The left table is 6.5 and 6.7 cm in length.

The right table is 6.4 and 6.6 cm in length.

And the drawings are horrible.

After many years of playing basketball I still suck at it as bad as I did before so basketball is a scam and basketball coaches are scammers.

6 hours ago, SOUL said:

After many years of playing basketball I still suck at it as bad as I did before so basketball is a scam and basketball coaches are scammers.

if they told you you'll be able to dunk

but you're only 1.55 meters then yea, they scammed you

@PurpleTree  Well, let me continue on with the sports metaphor yet the creative arts, martial arts and athletics share this same type of dynamic along with the inner arts.

It doesn't really matter one's abilities, agility and attributes as long as we work with whatever skill set we do possess to the effect sought in us because the game is really just an inner match up of one on one with ourselves.

There is going to be a natural limitation on how much specific guidance one random person can give another even if some general themes can be found in common. Each one of us has to be it for it to be, nobody can do it for us so be it or it's not.

Edited by SOUL

@Striving for more read Martin Seligmans book Authentic Happiness. He breaks down what has a long term effect on happiness amd what doesn't. *Spoiler alert* as long as you basic needs are met, money doesnt have a lasting effect on happiness, only very short term. Hedonic adaptation is a real bitch sometimes.

On 11/1/2021 at 9:15 PM, Thought Art said:

Yeah, the life purpose course is great. It gives you a powerful vision and mindset.

Completing it will change your life.

Then, for maintaining momentum I use productivity apps, and coaches, or training that the specific areas the LP course help you to see.

The LP course is like an amazing set of glasses. 

@Thought Art I'm halfway through the values section and already I am feeling more optimistic and passionate about my future. 

What productivity apps do you use?

On 12/6/2021 at 6:25 PM, hyruga said:

Not the same. 

Try using a ruler on the screen.

The left table is 6.5 and 6.7 cm in length.

The right table is 6.4 and 6.6 cm in length.

And the drawings are horrible.

you didnt measure right try again.
you probably missed the proper lines 
make sure you know where the actual lines are located 

53 minutes ago, Max8 said:

you didnt measure right try again.
you probably missed the proper lines 
make sure you know where the actual lines are located 

Make sure you know how to measure! And make sure you know where the actual lines are located! lol

Why don't you go and measure and tell us your actual results?

Edited by hyruga

3 hours ago, Max8 said:

@hyruga
i feel like im arguing with a 6 year old.
never mind. 

Yeah you are a 3 year old. You don't even know how to measure with a ruler.

15 hours ago, hyruga said:

Yeah you are a 3 year old. You don't even know how to measure with a ruler.

whatever makes you happy. ;)

@Adodd

On 07/12/2021 at 9:20 PM, Adodd said:

@Striving for more read Martin Seligmans book Authentic Happiness. He breaks down what has a long term effect on happiness amd what doesn't. *Spoiler alert* as long as you basic needs are met, money doesnt have a lasting effect on happiness, only very short term. Hedonic adaptation is a real bitch sometimes.

Nah I'm good my own intuition is way smarter. I trust my own answers. 

Authentic happiness is relative because we're all different & have different needs & prefer different lifestyles, Money DOES have a HUGE lasting effect on happiness if used intelligently, & how much money you need or fullfills your "basic needs" is relative & varies massively per individual. 

My understanding of basic needs includes far more than base survival, it includes other higher needs that are 100% facilitated & shortcircuited via money. 

BUT it's not actually the money causing the happiness, the money is fuel used to create other stuff in your life (not just material) that improves happiness. 

Thinking u know everything & having the urge to express your views like gospel with that ironically inauthentic language that you both clearly paraphrased from another but also use to sound profound and smart, IS A REAL BITCH SOMETIMES. 

Dont respond or @ me because like I said I know my own answers. I know what makes me happy. Dont u dare try tell me u do no u don't mr profound.

By the way, direct experience is king. So i aint gonna read your stupid book I'll go & get what I want & we'll see if I'm happy, I bet u a million I end up happy, i might be so happy I don't even bother going on this forum anymore. 

Edited by Striving for more

If you are just assimilating information then yeah, you wont get anything out of it...

The books are supposed to make your action more effective (guide it).

9 hours ago, Max8 said:

whatever makes you happy. ;)

Yeah it makes me happy knowing I won't be easily tricked by Photoshop or whatever gif that shows you can cut and paste over EXACTLY when you actually cannot. There's clearly a 0.1 cm difference in length whether you are viewing on a laptop or tablet. If you are viewing on a phone, then good luck to you.

Edited by hyruga

@Striving for more

On 12/9/2021 at 11:28 AM, Striving for more said:

@Adodd

Nah I'm good my own intuition is way smarter. I trust my own answers. 

Authentic happiness is relative because we're all different & have different needs & prefer different lifestyles, Money DOES have a HUGE lasting effect on happiness if used intelligently, & how much money you need or fullfills your "basic needs" is relative & varies massively per individual. 

My understanding of basic needs includes far more than base survival, it includes other higher needs that are 100% facilitated & shortcircuited via money. 

BUT it's not actually the money causing the happiness, the money is fuel used to create other stuff in your life (not just material) that improves happiness. 

Thinking u know everything & having the urge to express your views like gospel with that ironically inauthentic language that you both clearly paraphrased from another but also use to sound profound and smart, IS A REAL BITCH SOMETIMES. 

Dont respond or @ me because like I said I know my own answers. I know what makes me happy. Dont u dare try tell me u do no u don't mr profound.

By the way, direct experience is king. So i aint gonna read your stupid book

Spreading it like the gospel? Lol

?Triggered or something? I wasnt trying to sound profound at all. Definitely not  Just had a GOOD POINT to politely add which is what I did. There was 1 thing you said that I didnt agree withth and I politely gave my differing opinion. This is how forums work pal.

On 12/9/2021 at 11:28 AM, Striving for more said:

@Adodd

So i aint gonna read your stupid book I'll go & get what I want & we'll see if I'm happy, I bet u a million I end up happy, i might be so happy I don't even bother going on this forum anymore. 

Well if your gonna throw a temper tantrum whenever a person online doesnt agree with every word you say than FAREWELL! ✌?

Edited by Adodd

On 09/12/2021 at 4:28 PM, Striving for more said:

I know what makes me happy

Yea you sure sound happy o.O